Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: alternatives to cricket 5 line $100 plan

Feedback Score

alternatives to cricket 5 line $100 plan

Looking to make a comprehensive list of the closest alternatives to the old cricket 5 line $100 plans.

Total wireless (verizon): 4 lines for $100, 25Gb of shared data between the 4.
    H20 (at&t): multi-line plan: 4 for $100, only 2Gb per line however.

Metro Pcs (T-mobile) 4 lines unlimited data for $100, taxes included. 5 for $125 (maybe a temporary promo)

Boost (Sprint) 5 lines unlimited data for $100 (maybe a temporary promo)

Red Pocket: yearly plan (any 4 carriers) 3Gb for $21.25, must pay the whole year in advance so 5 lines would be $1,275 upfront, see post here

At&T gophone/prepaid: 4 lines @ 6Gb each but the cost is $130, 5 lines for $150
    (I consider this too costly for 5 lines vs the old cricket plan but it might be appealing to some since it also includes free tethering, rollover data, Canada and Mexico roaming, and unthrottled data speeds)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Looking to make a comprehensive list of the closest alternatives to the old cricket 5 line $100 plans.

Total wireless (verizon): 4 lines for $100, 25Gb of shared data between the 4.
    H20 (at&t): multi-line plan: 4 for $100, only 2Gb per line however.

Metro Pcs (T-mobile) 4 lines unlimited data for $100, taxes included. 5 for $125 (maybe a temporary promo)

Boost (Sprint) 5 lines unlimited data for $100 (maybe a temporary promo)

Red Pocket: yearly plan (any 4 carriers) 3Gb for $21.25, must pay the whole year in advance so 5 lines would be $1,275 upfront, see post here

At&T gophone/prepaid: 4 lines @ 6Gb each but the cost is $130, 5 lines for $150
    (I consider this too costly for 5 lines vs the old cricket plan but it might be appealing to some since it also includes free tethering, rollover data, Canada and Mexico roaming, and unthrottled data speeds)
    Valid until Christmas, 2017.

Feedback Score
    AT&T Prepaid has a $35 plan that includes unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of high-speed data in the United States. This plan also includes Mobile Hotspot. If you join the group save program and enroll in autopay, the cost of 5 lines would be $100 per month (plus taxes/fees).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    AT&T Prepaid has a $35 plan that includes unlimited talk, text, and 1GB of high-speed data in the United States. This plan also includes Mobile Hotspot. If you join the group save program and enroll in autopay, the cost of 5 lines would be $100 per month (plus taxes/fees).
    I wouldn’t mind joining a group if anyone is up for it. PM me if anyone interested

Feedback Score
    That Total Wireless seems a good option. What is the catch? Any way to limit the data of a line? Imagining my son using all the data for the whole family

Also would I need new phones as I have GSM currently?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    That Total Wireless seems a good option. What is the catch? Any way to limit the data of a line? Imagining my son using all the data for the whole family

Also would I need new phones as I have GSM currently?
    In the past at least, most other carriers added a lot of taxes and fees. For those who aren't heavy uses,us.mobile now users vzw towers, with plans as low as $5 month.
    Last edited by plane; 11-05-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    That Total Wireless seems a good option. What is the catch?
    notoriously awful customer support (it is a carlos slim owned company)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    In the past at least, most other carriers added a lot of taxes and fees. For those who aren't heavy uses,us.mobile now users vzw towers, with plans as low as $5 month.
    notoriously awful customer support (it is a carlos slim owned company)
    Here's the thing though....I can get Cricket down to $21 a month with my rented line combined with an assumed 15% discount by capitalizing on Target or BestBuy promos for refills. This also ignores any little extra cash I earn for Cricket rewards. So my family of 4 lines each gets 5 gigs on AT&T and I know it works for texts and MMS and VoLTE etc. I haven't been with Verizon in forever and sounds like I don't have a lot of reason to trust "Total Wireless" especially if I'm not really saving any moolah.....

Oh yeah and I can stay even better than that as long as I don't disturb my grandfathered $100/5 lines plan.

So sticking with Cricket unless anyone has better ideas. Can't just port out of Cricket due to spite that they "totally unfairly raised the rate on the 5 lines by $30"

Feedback Score
    Here's the thing though....I can get Cricket down to $21 a month with my rented line combined with an assumed 15% discount by capitalizing on Target or BestBuy promos for refills. This also ignores any little extra cash I earn for Cricket rewards. So my family of 4 lines each gets 5 gigs on AT&T and I know it works for texts and MMS and VoLTE etc. I haven't been with Verizon in forever and sounds like I don't have a lot of reason to trust "Total Wireless" especially if I'm not really saving any moolah.....

Oh yeah and I can stay even better than that as long as I don't disturb my grandfathered $100/5 lines plan.

So sticking with Cricket unless anyone has better ideas. Can't just port out of Cricket due to spite that they "totally unfairly raised the rate on the 5 lines by $30"
    Then sounds like this topic really isn't for you. I had in mind that it is mainly for people who either want to leave cricket, or only learned of the 5 for 100 plan after the fact, or did something unknowingly and screwed up their grandfathered plan (which I bet will happen to a lot of people).
    Also theres no guarantee cricket won't yank the grandfathered plans after some time. So this is somewhat of a preemptive topic as well.

Feedback Score
    Good topic...the 5 line 45 a month for me on prepaid will work fine if needed with the 10% off code making it all $135 for all lines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Here's the thing though....I can get Cricket down to $21 a month with my rented line combined with an assumed 15% discount by capitalizing on Target or BestBuy promos for refills. This also ignores any little extra cash I earn for Cricket rewards. So my family of 4 lines each gets 5 gigs on AT&T and I know it works for texts and MMS and VoLTE etc.
    Few honestly don't want to go through the ever increasing number of hoops and restrictions. Clearly they don't value your patronage as they once did.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    They also offer a 3GB/$25.50 plan with 6 months in advance.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Lycamobile, 5 lines for $125 includes 7GB per line.

I think they are T-Mo based, and additional taxes/fees are a bit sketchy:

Does Lycamobile charge taxes on my order?

All charges are inclusive of tax. However, there may be required sales and similar taxes that are required by the state and are charged by the retailer where you purchased your Lycamobile products. There may also be various federal and state fees that Lycamobile must collect or that Lycamobile must pay as part of regulatory requirements that Lycamobile may pass on to its customers.

Feedback Score
    I've read that in some cases (the example I read was with at&t prepaid/gophone) You can combine auto pay with discounted refill cards to save another 10% at callingmart.com

Feedback Score
    Then sounds like this topic really isn't for you. I had in mind that it is mainly for people who either want to leave cricket, or only learned of the 5 for 100 plan after the fact, or did something unknowingly and screwed up their grandfathered plan (which I bet will happen to a lot of people).
    Also theres no guarantee cricket won't yank the grandfathered plans after some time. So this is somewhat of a preemptive topic as well.
    Don't get me wrong. I like the topic and always want to be asking myself if there is a better or cheaper option. I just don't think there is for me at this moment. I don't want to move everything to some shady mvno on TMo to save 4 dollars per month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast