Thread: Sprint, Altice USA Announce Strategic MVNO Agreement

Feedback Score

Sprint, Altice USA Announce Strategic MVNO Agreement

http://investors.sprint.com/news-and...t/default.aspx

Interesting development a day after merger talks end.

I do remember several months ago Sprint said they were doing trials with an unnamed cable company. This ought to speed up deployments in a small number of markets. Maybe we'll see more Magic Boxes in the region.

This ought to raise the eyebrows of Comcast and Charter. More Cable/Wireless partnerships soon....?

Feedback Score
    Altice owns Suddenlink and Cablevision, which is only around 4.6 million customers. Not sure how much of an impact this will make with such few customers

Feedback Score
    It's a start. It's what they need to do. It won't please the armchair CEOs who feel they have all the answers, but its a start and can't bash them for it. A little here, a little there and who knows. Gotta start somewhere and hey, it's progress.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Altice owns Suddenlink and Cablevision, which is only around 4.6 million customers. Not sure how much of an impact this will make with such few customers
    Maybe they have more irons in this fire. It certainly will help them get the attention of other cable co's.

Feedback Score
    Altice has been rumored as trying to buy Charter and that could still be its goal.
    SoftBank has been rumored to be part of a possible three-way or four-way mix.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/alti...s-sources.html

I think it is possible that Son used the TMobile merger talks as a decoy to tease out some movement from some of these parties. It is a little suspicious that TMobile's terms that seemed acceptable to Son a few weeks ago suddently became absolutely unacceptable.

Also knocking Sprint's stock price in the short run is not necessarily all bad because it could allow a hidden deal for a friendly party to buy the stock at a bargain price on the open market. Then bring out some more rumors to take it back up again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Fiber Network and Right-of-Way contracts. They own quite a bit around the country in many major metros and have access to poles. Theoretically, Sprint could deploy tons of small cells in the same footprint very quickly. It could also open the door to additional deals with other cable providers. I think the next few months could be very exciting for Sprint and the industry. Competition is great.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Altice has been rumored as trying to buy Charter and that could still be its goal.
    SoftBank has been rumored to be part of a possible three-way or four-way mix.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/alti...s-sources.html

I think it is possible that Son used the TMobile merger talks as a decoy to tease out some movement from some of these parties. It is a little suspicious that TMobile's terms that seemed acceptable to Son a few weeks ago suddently became absolutely unacceptable.

Also knocking Sprint's stock price in the short run is not necessarily all bad because it could allow a hidden deal for a friendly party to buy the stock at a bargain price on the open market. Then bring out some more rumors to take it back up again.
    I'm still waiting to be blindsided by an announcement that nobody saw coming. I think the TMO-S announcement about not merging isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Fiber Network and Right-of-Way contracts. They own quite a bit around the country in many major metros and have access to poles. Theoretically, Sprint could deploy tons of small cells in the same footprint very quickly. It could also open the door to additional deals with other cable providers. I think the next few months could be very exciting for Sprint and the industry. Competition is great.
    I thought Cablevision was in Long Island, a little in CT and Jersey. Suddenlink is pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

Altice is planning to buy someone else out. They've been linked to rumors with Charter, Cox and other cable co's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I thought Cablevision was in Long Island, a little in CT and Jersey. Suddenlink is pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

Altice is planning to buy someone else out. They've been linked to rumors with Charter, Cox and other cable co's.
    There was an offer for charter I think, but got rejected. I doubt cox will ever sell. They are small compared to the others, but I seem to recall them rejecting offers to be bought in the past