Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Att Corp store manager insist on $45 restocking fee for unopened phone

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score

Att Corp store manager insist on $45 restocking fee for unopened phone

Just as the title states. Had bad experience besides the long wait.

Donít want iPhone X since I decided if I paid full price for it. I️ donít want to be stuck with a gsm only iPhone. In event I want to go to Verizon in the future.

So iPhone X is unopened. And go tonight and store manager insists on charging me $45 restock fee. This is official att Corp store. Not an authorized reseller. And even me showing her att return policy doesnít budge her stance. She insists they have to take the sim out of the phone so every phone even unopened gets
    Charged $45 restocking fee. Iím about to write an email to att Corp complaint about this manager. Itís bogus

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, but complaining to corporate is unlikely to have any effect on the restocking fee. Feel free to email them, just saying.....
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Complaint FCC, Apple products usually come with policy if you don't open shrink wrap, no restocking fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Complaint FCC, Apple products usually come with policy if you don't open shrink wrap, no restocking fee

The FCC has not jurisdiction for product returns.

The OP should print out the website information which has the information in bold.

Device restocking fee: up to $45.

Apple devices: No restocking fee if device is returned unopened.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/returnpolicy.html

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post

That may apply if you buy it at an Apple store and return it there, no requirement for an At&t store to do the same.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The FCC has not jurisdiction for product returns.

The OP should print out the website information which has the information in bold.

Device restocking fee: up to $45.

Apple devices: No restocking fee if device is returned unopened.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/returnpolicy.html

Thatís same exact website I showed them

I donít know why they are so knuckleheaded.

Store manager said she didnít care when I was on 611 with att customer service. It was almost 6pm closing time. She didnít care what 611 had to say. She said it was her store policy which I said contradicts att website policy.

I just donít trust retuning a $1000 phone via usps prepaid shipping label. Just easier to return unopened iPhone X to store 7 min away.

I guess I will try another att Corp
    Store 20-25 minutes away tomorrow on my way home from work.

Felt like a waste of my time. Having to wait 25 minutes just to try to return an unopened item. And than being told $45 restocking fee.

The website says Apple products no restocking fee if unopened. Pretty clear cut.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The best thing is to ask for the area president name and store general manager name and to give written policy that he won't return it against the corporate policy agreed between Apple and network carriers

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The quoted item is directly from the online site that might waive the restocking fee if returned to them. I wish you good luck. Keep us updated.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Att Corp store manager insist on $45 restocking fee for unopened phone

Pay it and sue in small claims court. Usually a letter threatening to sue will solve it.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    That may apply if you buy it at an Apple store and return it there, no requirement for an At&t store to do the same.
    The policy cited is on AT&T's website. Not Apple's. The same page says:

"If your device was purchased at an AT&T retail, you may return it to any AT&T retail store during the return and exchange period.

If you bought your device online at att.com or by phone from AT&T, you can mail the device back to AT&T or return it to any AT&T retail store during the return and exchange period. Be sure to keep your tracking number. "

So per what is written, the store should follow the policy of "Apple devices: No restocking fee if device is returned unopened."

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I never said it was on any other site. Store policy can preclude that. The OP can try at a different location.

Sent from my SM-P900 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Iím gonna to go to another att store after work this afternoon. I will keep u guys posted. I hate dealing with att Corp. last time I returned a phone was 2012? Nokia lumpia 900 I paid full price and was charged restocking fee. Which I paid since it was opened but I didnít like the lumia 900. That was clear cut. Pay the restocking fee. But unopened phone is clear cut as well.

So I will run over around 4-5pm to another store. Iím not going to go back to the same store.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Pay it and sue in small claims court. Usually a letter threatening to sue will solve it.
    No need to go that far. If the store refuses to waive the charge and the OP is billed for it, just call CS to see if they can waive the charge or apply a corresponding credit. Worst case is to request to speak with a CS manager who will likely resolve the issue. No need for so much drama.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    No need to go that far. If the store refuses to waive the charge and the OP is billed for it, just call CS to see if they can waive the charge or apply a corresponding credit. Worst case is to request to speak with a CS manager who will likely resolve the issue. No need for so much drama.
    This would be a lot less work! And you will possibility get your money back

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Update. Went to another att store an hour ago. Easy return. No questions asked. Just had to wait 20 minutes for someone to service me. But the return itself took less than 5 minutes. What a waste yesterday was. Just bogus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast