Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LTE on Grandfathered Plans

Feedback Score

LTE on Grandfathered Plans

Just wanted to report that some people on Reddit, and a friend of mine are getting LTE . On grandfathered plans (specifically the I35 plan)

Sent from my T1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Techguy12 View Post
    Just wanted to report that some people on Reddit, and a friend of mine are getting LTE . On grandfathered plans (specifically the I35 plan)

Would not surprise me. They probably want to move as many people as possible off 3G onto LTE.

Feedback Score

Mine too. HMP.
    And even stranger yet.... I'm on a Nexus 6 (pixel2xl doesn't come for another week or two), which as far as I know, isn't even compatible with their frequencies here (downtown toronto). That is, unless they've reallocated some of the old spectrum to LTE.

If they have reallocated, that might explain why they're letting people into the LTE, not enough spectrum left over for HSPA to support everyone.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am using a Nexus 6 in Windsor. It is using B4. Many other areas are starting to be refarmed now too. Good luck with the Pixel. I just can't warm up to it.... especially for the money. Probably going to go to the Note 8 soon but the N6 has served me well.

Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Do they have the new SIM cards?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The people that gave up their grandfathered plans for the $40-$45 LTE plans might not be so happy about this.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND Mobile -> Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nevermind, it's part of a free trial: http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/shaw/fr...day-lte-trial/

But I suppose they could eventually make it permanent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jt325i View Post
    I am using a Nexus 6 in Windsor. It is using B4. Many other areas are starting to be refarmed now too. Good luck with the Pixel. I just can't warm up to it.... especially for the money. Probably going to go to the Note 8 soon but the N6 has served me well.
    You're worried about the price of a Pixel and instead are considering a note8? Do you know anything about math at all?

64 GB note8 = $1300.
    64 GB pixel2xl = $1160.
    128 GB pixel2xl = $1290.

So you would pay *MORE* for a crippled piece of samdung? You nuts.

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    There's no need to insult his purchase decision, not saying that I disagree with you per se

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    You're worried about the price of a Pixel and instead are considering a note8? Do you know anything about math at all?

64 GB note8 = $1300.
    64 GB pixel2xl = $1160.
    128 GB pixel2xl = $1290.

The Pixel 2 is almost the same price but has a vastly inferior screen, no headphone jack, no S pen, less RAM, and highly questionable build quality. (They had so many problems they had to bump the warranty to 2 years!) The only thing it has going for it is pure Android but it isn't worth the premium when you can get a V30 with almost the same hardware for less than the Pixel 2.

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    The Pixel 2 is almost the same price but has a vastly inferior screen, no headphone jack, no S pen, less RAM, and highly questionable build quality. (They had so many problems they had to bump the warranty to 2 years!) The only thing it has going for it is pure Android but it isn't worth the premium when you can get a V30 with almost the same hardware for less than the Pixel 2.
    All phones have their respective issues. Both Samsung and LG's software make me gag; it will stop me from ever buying one of their phones, until they reign that in. I could unlock the bootloader and flash a cleaner rom, but I'd lose my warranty, another big problem with those two (and most other) manufacturers I don't face with Google. The issues with the Pixel 2XL seem extremely overblown to me, I'll let ya know how mine is hopefully next week! Debating about phones is relatively pointless, get what you want. I don't see why I, or anyone else should care, but sadly many do care...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The Pixel XL is made by LG. It is essentially a V30 with fewer hardware features (No wireless charging, Quad DAC, headphone jack) and due to pure Android a 40% mark up. No thanks. Both LG and Samsung skins leave some to be desired but no phone is perfect. Only thing I don't like about the Note is the placement of fingerprint scanner but there is no perfect phone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can buy whatever phone they want. Truthfully the Note 8 is overpriced too but is more justified in the extra cost over the Pixel from a hardware perspective.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They could make it permanent, at throttled speeds. LTE uses spectrum much more efficiently, so it's possible that in order to refarm as much Band 4 to LTE as possible, that they'll give 3G customers LTE at 3G speeds.

Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    Agreed...I'm not a Samsung fan but the Pixel has some serious issues with build quality. Look up Jerry's durability test. Doesn't matter how great the updates are... I'm not spending that much money to have my phone crack in half on me.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    WIND/Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markf_2 View Post
    They could make it permanent, at throttled speeds. LTE uses spectrum much more efficiently, so it's possible that in order to refarm as much Band 4 to LTE as possible, that they'll give 3G customers LTE at 3G speeds.

Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app
    That could very well be their plan, with the free trial period buying time to set that up, while alleviating strain on the precious spectrum in the b4-only areas for use for calls-only.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast