Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Official" Band 71 / 600 MHZ T-Mobile Phone Thread

Feedback Score

"Official" Band 71 / 600 MHZ T-Mobile Phone Thread

I hope to see here rumors and a growing roster of phone handsets that support the new T-Mobile "Band 71"; more of a list and discussion of rumors/releases as opposed to something that turns into knock-down-drag-out fights about minutae such as LG bootlooping, HTC battery life, or inevitable 400-comment arguments about coverage.

So, what do we have now?

* LG V30 .... fully supporting Band 71 and sold and out "in the field" in customer hands
    * Samsung Galaxy S8 Active ... rumored to support Band 71 and to be sold by TMO, but no release date yet for the T-Mobile variant.

Any rumors of other models coming soon?

Name:  tower.gif
Views: 520
Size:  14.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Hi could you also summarize benefits of this band

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrsj View Post
    Hi could you also summarize benefits of this band

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    I see it as filling in the numerous (and often quite large) coverage holes that T-Mobile has now, taking the carrier to a coverage footprint as extensive as AT&T and Verizon (instead of 30% or so behind), which will improve my T-Mobile experience in my area and also when I travel in the US outside the area.

I'm now grandfathered into a good plan on TMO, and without such improvement, I might not end up staying with the carrier: coverage holes are more tolerable if I know they are going away. I'd like to get a great phone that supports Band 71 and actually keep it for 2 years this time.

There's been a lot of argument over the benefits of "Band 71". I think this thread is one of the main places on Howard:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...t-600Mhz-phone

but there are probably other/better discussions.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    From everything I've read it should make a huge difference when it's widespread

Hopefully it becomes comparable to att and Verizon eventually. Do you think T-Mobile will be at a disadvantage since they are planning to use some 600 for 5g when Verizon and att seem to be concentrating on mmwave?

Feedback Score
    And the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active has been confirmed with Band 71 with a T-Mobile press release today.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like may be $820 on T-Mobile. I'll be tempted to pick one up. Wonder how long before a price drop. I've wanted the active to come to other carriers for a while so a welcome change

Feedback Score
    TMobile is also releasing the LG v30 plus, which I'd imagine also would have band 71 included. That launches the 17th I believe. Just a v30 with more storage and nicer headphones for 50 bucks more than the original v30. Not sure why anyone would buy the v30, 50 bucks for double the storage seems like a no brainier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    TMobile is also releasing the LG v30 plus, which I'd imagine also would have band 71 included. That launches the 17th I believe. Just a v30 with more storage and nicer headphones for 50 bucks more than the original v30. Not sure why anyone would buy the v30, 50 bucks for double the storage seems like a no brainier.
    Yeah that beats buying the inevitable separate microSD memory expansion as an add-on.

But you can still do that if you want to! You just don't have to.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody with an LG V30 encountered any instances of Band 71 in use?

Because the LG V30 service mode allows you to lock bands, I have experimented with 2, 4, 12 and 71.

71 is the only one I lock and find not signal anywhere that I normally travel.

Although T-Mobile said it was turned on in "Central Virginia," I have not seen it here yet.

November 11th. :-)

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Band 12 lock, by the way, improves signal strength in many locations but has a slower data speed than lower signal strength Band 2 and Band 4.

For whatever that's worth to anybody. :-)

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    Has anybody with an LG V30 encountered any instances of Band 71 in use?

Because the LG V30 service mode allows you to lock bands, I have experimented with 2, 4, 12 and 71.

71 is the only one I lock and find not signal anywhere that I normally travel.

Although T-Mobile said it was turned on in "Central Virginia," I have not seen it here yet.

November 11th. :-)
    A friend has driven from northern VA scouting for a new place to live in the state, to southern VA, to Roanoke, back up to staunton, through Richmond, and back to northern VA where he currently lives with his v30 and hasn't seen 600 anywhere. Not saying it's not there but he hasn't picked it up.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    A friend has driven from northern VA scouting for a new place to live in the state, to southern VA, to Roanoke, back up to staunton, through Richmond, and back to northern VA where he currently lives....
    Culpeper's a great small town but close enough to metropolitan areas that it's not hopeless. Lots of sights, close to the Shenandoah, history all over, and about a half dozen really good restaurants.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    Culpeper's a great small town but close enough to metropolitan areas that it's not hopeless. Lots of sights, close to the Shenandoah, history all over, and about a half dozen really good restaurants.
    Yeah I remember being surprised to have good coverage with TMobile on rt 29 near Culpeper. I didn't really test data but voice calls were pretty good. It was a nice a nice drive for sure

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Looks like may be $820 on T-Mobile. I'll be tempted to pick one up. Wonder how long before a price drop. I've wanted the active to come to other carriers for a while so a welcome change
    It hasn't even hit the shelves yet and you're curious about a price drop? LOL

I too could be tempted to pick one of these up when it comes down in price a bit but that's anyone's guess as to when.

I also like waiting a bit to see what the early adopters have to say about it.

Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    It hasn't even hit the shelves yet and you're curious about a price drop? LOL

I too could be tempted to pick one of these up when it comes down in price a bit but that's anyone's guess as to when.

I also like waiting a bit to see what the early adopters have to say about it.

Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.
    Yeah 800s is pushing it for me. For a phone I really like I'd prob do 600s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast