Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Official" Band 71 / 600 MHZ T-Mobile Phone Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Yeah 800s is pushing it for me. For a phone I really like I'd prob do 600s
    Which in so many situations merely means that $800 phone after you wait a few months, will be in the $600s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Which in so many situations merely means that $800 phone after you wait a few months, will be in the $600s
    A lot of times even less. Especially with LG devices. They just don't push a ton of units. That's not to say they are bad, but they just aren't popular. The essential phone just went through the same thing. Came out at around 700 and now can be found at under 300 dollars. The only devices that really hold their high launch prices are iPhones and the Galaxy s/note line, but even the Galaxy line carriers will do deals on after a while. Others tend to fall drastically after a few months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    A lot of times even less. Especially with LG devices. They just don't push a ton of units. That's not to say they are bad, but they just aren't popular.
    Yeah, replace "LG" with every single model in the US market (other than Samsung and Apple) and that is true also.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, replace "LG" with every single model in the US market (other than Samsung and Apple) and that is true also.
    This is true.

Feedback Score
    This is true.
    Pixel might have had the chance to break out and become popular, but Pixel for some reason wants to sell hardly any (low manufacturing volume). And they have limited the carrier marketing/connection to just Verizon, which I think is a mistake also: while Verizon is the biggest carrier, they really control only a third of cell customers, at most. Going Verizon-only like they have has contributed to a perception among the general public that these phones will only work on Verizon. I had to do a little research myself to find out that they worked on other carriers, as well.... research the general public won't bother to do.

Google is doing the opposite of what they should be doing if they wanted Pixel phones to be popular. The only one that seems to be worse at this is Essential, which stuck its phones with the distant 4th worst network. I haven't done the research to see if Essentials will work on anything other than Sprint, so for now I am with the impression Essential wants me to have: that these phones will only work on Lil Yellow.

(I ceased to care about Essential when I found out that they shipped them with burner-level camera setups).

Feedback Score
    Pixel might have had the chance to break out and become popular, but Pixel for some reason wants to sell hardly any (low manufacturing volume). And they have limited the carrier marketing/connection to just Verizon, which I think is a mistake also: while Verizon is the biggest carrier, they really control only a third of cell customers, at most. Going Verizon-only like they have has contributed to a perception among the general public that these phones will only work on Verizon. I had to do a little research myself to find out that they worked on other carriers, as well.... research the general public won't bother to do.

Google is doing the opposite of what they should be doing if they wanted Pixel phones to be popular. The only one that seems to be worse at this is Essential, which stuck its phones with the distant 4th worst network. I haven't done the research to see if Essentials will work on anything other than Sprint, so for now I am with the impression Essential wants me to have: that these phones will only work on Lil Yellow.

(I ceased to care about Essential when I found out that they shipped them with burner-level camera setups).
    The essential sells as an unlocked device also, same as the pixel. When you actually look, there just isn't a lot of oems that can get away with selling flagship devices at flagship prices, especially on the carrier level. The number is basically 2, Samsung and apple. Every other one has to either accept low sales or heavily discount after a few months to move units.

Feedback Score
    The number is basically 2, Samsung and apple..
    Or there is the old saying:

If it's a smartphone, it's an iPhone.
    If it's not an iPhone, it's a Galaxy.
    If it's not a Galaxy... oh. do things like that exist?

-----------------

I know better and I have caught myself using the generic "iphone" a few times when I just meant smartphones. It's even worse on iPads, where if a tablet isn't a Kindle, it's an iPad, with the iPad term used generically more and more of the time.

The horse is long out of the barn on "ipod" which was used for any mp3 player at all.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    Has anybody with an LG V30 encountered any instances of Band 71 in use?

Because the LG V30 service mode allows you to lock bands, I have experimented with 2, 4, 12 and 71.

71 is the only one I lock and find not signal anywhere that I normally travel.

Although T-Mobile said it was turned on in "Central Virginia," I have not seen it here yet.

November 11th. :-)
    T-Mobile notified two station in Virginia it is preparing to start network testing on 10/31/2017. Check out the map since some places in Virginia won't start one station until 12/7/2017. However I am not sure what starts to test means.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the initial central va build won't cover Richmond unless I read the map wrong. Im not sure what includes central va officially but I always thought Richmond was included.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Yeah 800s is pushing it for me. For a phone I really like I'd prob do 600s
    500-600 sounds about right.

What I've been discovering though is that there are some awesome phones that are unlocked and not carrier branded.

The Moto G5 series is OK, the Moto X 4th Gen looks real nice @ 399.00 and this Honor 8 I'm using is a great phone and I paid just a tad over 300.00 with a Spigen Case and a pack of glass screen protectors.

It's really getting hard to justify spending that extra money.

Sent from my Honor 8 using the HoFo app.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post

What I've been discovering though is that there are some awesome phones that are unlocked and not carrier branded.

The Moto G5 series is OK, the Moto X 4th Gen looks real nice @ 399.00 and this Honor 8 I'm using is a great phone and I paid just a tad over 300.00 with a Spigen Case and a pack of glass screen protectors.

That's a good point

Feedback Score

Have a moto x4. For the price it's a great device. The HTC u11 life looks like a great device for 300 bucks also. Think I may pick one of those up next to toy around with.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Could this be real? Guy claims he got these T-Mobile Band 71 locations from the T-Mobile's MVNO API that I guess tells your phone where T-Mobile has Band 71 towers. Again I am not a expert just passing on what I read and really can hardly understand what he claims he has done till I pulled up some computer code links he posted. However if this guys map is real T-Mobile is testing 600 Mhz in a lot of places I haven't heard about T-Mobile deploying Band 71 in.

Main thread with all the info on how he made this map;

This is the Map the guy has made to pin point these Band 71 spots.

Feedback Score
    It makes sense someone would try to do that.

Northern WI is in the middle of probably the largest T-Mobile-free region east of the Mississippi: good that there is much needed activity there.

But as for the rest, centered along Hannibal, Missouri, for the most part, it makes me wonder if there is a Band 71 transmitter on Tom Sawyer's raft....

Name:  tom_sawyer_raft.png
Views: 78
Size:  53.9 KB

Feedback Score

Moto X4 can already be had for $340.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast