Thread: US Mobile super LTE

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Netgear 781s (AT&T Unite Pro)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

US Mobile super LTE

I'm thinking of going with US Mobile's Super LTE Unlimited data plan but want to know if anyone else has tried it yet? I'm in an area where it's Verizon or ATT only and this is the cheapest Verizon unlimited plan... I'm wanting to know if I could get away with 1mbps hard speed cap.... I only watch videos in 360p listen to Pandora and browse Facebook with an occasional web search or GPS direction... Would 1mbps work or should I go with the 5MBPS hard speed cap? Let me know what would work best for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1Mbps at 360p would be fine. The beauty of prepaid is if it doesn't work you are not locked into something for a contract so the next month you could try the next tier if you find 1Mbps lacking

Feedback Score
    So how much is this unlimited US MOBILE plan? Would also be interested. And does it include tethering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    I'm thinking of going with US Mobile's Super LTE Unlimited data plan but want to know if anyone else has tried it yet? I'm in an area where it's Verizon or ATT only and this is the cheapest Verizon unlimited plan... I'm wanting to know if I could get away with 1mbps hard speed cap.... I only watch videos in 360p listen to Pandora and browse Facebook with an occasional web search or GPS direction... Would 1mbps work or should I go with the 5MBPS hard speed cap? Let me know what would work best for me

The problem with throttled service is that there is no guarantee you'll get consistent speed. Wireless networks work in bursts, so when you place a cap on peak speed your average speed can be a lot slower. You need to try it for yourself to know for sure. Cricket has this problem with an 8mbit cap, which is why their customers have massive issues with basic web browsing and streaming. Also keep in mind, the USMobile plan has a 12GB deprioritization cap on the 1mbit plan.

Feedback Score
    This all sounds like the future of network priority management. Which will get worse if some streams get prioritized via new laws. Maybe we all need more STORE AND FORWARD technical solutions.

Feedback Score
    I emailed them about their plans, this was in their response.
    "Standard (1 Mbps) Comes with a data “cap” of 12 GB → We may deprioritize service after this cap (128 or 256 Kbps)
    Fast (5 Mbps) Comes with a data “cap” of 14 GB → We may deprioritize service after this cap (128 or 256 Kbps)
    Ludicrous (no limit → we have tested up to 150 Mbps) Comes with a data “cap” of 16 GB → We may deprioritize service after this cap (128 or 256 Kbps)"

Feedback Score
    Forgot to say, my home Internet averages around 2.5 meg down (Cellular, regional gsm, cell signal booster to get it, no cable or DSL available). Anyway, 2.5 meg streams HD video that looks very good. My upload is very poor due to trees and nearly non-existent signal, so it won't multitask well, I'm sure it would if not for the poor upload. 5 meg would be a nice "cushion" for video and doing a couple other things at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    This all sounds like the future of network priority management. Which will get worse if some streams get prioritized via new laws. Maybe we all need more STORE AND FORWARD technical solutions.

Satellite Internet has been capping, prioritizing, and throttling for years. Limited capacity in some areas, congested, full (closed to new subscribers). One method was, hit the cap, you're limited to basic web browsing and email that barely works, but video and downloading was blocked. There were also times when the websites for things like Netflix wouldn't load after the cap (not even to access the account just to change settings/payments/etc.). When I left Wildblue, it was a 30 day rolling cap (7.5GB down, 2.3GB up), running total, what was used 30 days ago rolls off, so not reset monthly. Go over the cap, you got FAPPED (what they called it). Go over too often, service was terminated.

Feedback Score
    Consider rok mobile. Better deal at the $50 price point. 20gb before deprioritization. video streaming 480p.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    So how much is this unlimited US MOBILE plan? Would also be interested. And does it include tethering ?

Depends on how fast you want it to be but their Verizon plan with unlimited everything including hotspot at a max of 1MBPS down is $47/month but that's the thing they have 3 speeds and each speed has 3 level of service...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb82 View Post
    Consider rok mobile. Better deal at the $50 price point. 20gb before deprioritization. video streaming 480p.
    How are they? Haven't heard of them... do they include mobile hotspot? If they do how much can you use on mobile hotspot before they cut you off or slow you down? If that's the case and they offer hotspot I may go with them....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rview View Post
    I emailed them about their plans, this was in their response.
    "Standard (1 Mbps) Comes with a data “cap” of 12 GB → We may deprioritize service after this cap (128 or 256 Kbps)
    Fast (5 Mbps) Comes with a data “cap” of 14 GB → We may deprioritize service after this cap (128 or 256 Kbps)
    Ludicrous (no limit → we have tested up to 150 Mbps) Comes with a data “cap” of 16 GB → We may deprioritize service after this cap (128 or 256 Kbps)"
    Deprioritze is only used when the tower your on is too congested.... won't slow down if tower is wide open

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    How are they? Haven't heard of them... do they include mobile hotspot? If they do how much can you use on mobile hotspot before they cut you off or slow you down? If that's the case and they offer hotspot I may go with them....

No hotspot, throttled before the "cap".

This guy did a general overview here (use and speed).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-_tGDB1Ww

Straight Talk has their limited promotion when buying a new Samsung phone, $55 plan becomes unlimited (may notice reduced speeds after 32 GB). Unconfirmed mention on another YouTube video that it will be updated to other phones tomorrow (who knows).