Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: How far along is AT&Tís 4x4 MIMO deployment?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore area
    Posts
    1,342
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    How far along is AT&Tís 4x4 MIMO deployment?

    Gonna go get the nighthawk for more extensive testing but Iím not optimistic. Know AT&T is behind T-Mobile in deploying 4x4 mimo and last I checked T-Mobile was piling shenanigans with their deployment. It was on like 1 or 2 towers in an area then they said the area was a 4x4 mimo area.

    Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    179
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    What area are you in?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,784
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    From what I understand, all sites with Band 30 are capable of 4x4 MIMO on at least B30, maybe other bands. Not all UE support 4x4 on 30 though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    405
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    From what I understand, all sites with Band 30 are capable of 4x4 MIMO on at least B30, maybe other bands. Not all UE support 4x4 on 30 though.
    Is there a way to tell if B30 has 4x4 MIMO?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    179
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Is there a way to tell if B30 has 4x4 MIMO?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You can root an Android device and download the app called Network Signal Guru. I believe that will tell you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    746
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Is there a way to tell if B30 has 4x4 MIMO?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    All B30 is 4x4 now. It is also being actively deployed on B2 and B4. You will see it more and more everywhere.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    405
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    All B30 is 4x4 now. It is also being actively deployed on B2 and B4. You will see it more and more everywhere.
    Would 50-60 down on B30 10mhz be an indicator of 4x4 MIMO? Or is the backhaul on the tower not up to par?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore area
    Posts
    1,342
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    What area are you in?
    Baltimore/DC

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    746
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Would 50-60 down on B30 10mhz be an indicator of 4x4 MIMO? Or is the backhaul on the tower not up to par?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That's a very good DL speed for a single 10MHz carrier. Could be 4x4. Could be 256QAM. Or both. I honestly do not know what the S8 can do. I would imagine it can do 4x4 + 256QAM on a single 10MHz carrier, though. I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

    Not sure what you mean with your backhaul comment. Those are great real-world speeds for a single 10MHz carrier. You wouldn't see any better with even 10Gbe backhaul on the site (which isn't even a thing yet).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    405
    Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    That's a very good DL speed for a single 10MHz carrier. Could be 4x4. Could be 256QAM. Or both. I honestly do not know what the S8 can do. I would imagine it can do 4x4 + 256QAM on a single 10MHz carrier, though. I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

    Not sure what you mean with your backhaul comment. Those are great real-world speeds for a single 10MHz carrier. You wouldn't see any better with even 10Gbe backhaul on the site (which isn't even a thing yet).
    B30+4+12 4 and 12 are 5 mhz.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,784
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    That's a very good DL speed for a single 10MHz carrier. Could be 4x4. Could be 256QAM. Or both. I honestly do not know what the S8 can do. I would imagine it can do 4x4 + 256QAM on a single 10MHz carrier, though. I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

    Not sure what you mean with your backhaul comment. Those are great real-world speeds for a single 10MHz carrier. You wouldn't see any better with even 10Gbe backhaul on the site (which isn't even a thing yet).
    S8 can do 4x4 MIMO on 2 LTE carriers, another 2x2 LTE carrier, 256QAM on DL and 64QAM on UL simultaneously.

    30+4+12 in my market would yield 200+200+100 Mbps downlink.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    179
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    Baltimore/DC
    Iím in one of AT&Tís best markets and havenít seen it yet, so I doubt itís in the Baltimore area right now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    746
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Iím in one of AT&Tís best markets and havenít seen it yet, so I doubt itís in the Baltimore area right now.
    B30 is 4x4 nationwide. On B2 and B4 it is spotty, but is increasingly being deployed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    179
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    B30 is 4x4 nationwide. On B2 and B4 it is spotty, but is increasingly being deployed.
    Oh interesting. Thatís nice!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    746
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    S8 can do 4x4 MIMO on 2 LTE carriers, another 2x2 LTE carrier, 256QAM on DL and 64QAM on UL simultaneously.

    30+4+12 in my market would yield 200+200+100 Mbps downlink.
    Wow, good to know about the S8. No wonder it was the 5G Evolution test device.

    Too bad real-world speeds arenít anywhere close to theoretical speeds, due to many factors. One of which is backhaul, but air interface resources, signal quality and scheduler utilization all play a factor, as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 01:39 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2017, 07:53 PM
  3. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 09:32 PM
  4. How far reaching is the "Unlimited Local Calling"
    By _android_ in forum Mobilicity
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
  5. How far away is the W850i?
    By stunna7516 in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 01:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks