Thread: Ported out of AT&T Prepaid and just ported back in, but AT&T has "lost" my account

Feedback Score

Ported out of AT&T Prepaid and just ported back in, but AT&T has "lost" my account

Good Evening,

About a month ago I had ported out of AT&T prepaid and today I ported back in. My services work fine. I can call, text, and use data without an issue, but I have no way to mange my account or add funds. Trying to sign in just yields a "This account has been disconnected" error, and customer service says that they cannot locate my account. I guess this has something to do with how the ported in number replaced the temporary number, but there is also no account showing for the temporary number.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    Good Evening,

About a month ago I had ported out of AT&T prepaid and today I ported back in. My services work fine. I can call, text, and use data without an issue, but I have no way to mange my account or add funds. Trying to sign in just yields a "This account has been disconnected" error, and customer service says that they cannot locate my account. I guess this has something to do with how the ported in number replaced the temporary number, but there is also no account showing for the temporary number.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

Thanks.
    Can AT&T associate your number with a new account?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Can AT&T associate your number with a new account?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    That's what I've asked them to do, and they said they'd give me a call back in a few hours.

Feedback Score
    That's what I've asked them to do, and they said they'd give me a call back in a few hours.
    They haven't called back. Instead of dealing with incompetent CSRs I'm just going to file an FCC complaint.

Feedback Score
    They haven't called back. Instead of dealing with incompetent CSRs I'm just going to file an FCC complaint.
    Customer no service is the name of the game everywhere for just about everything.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Customer no service is the name of the game everywhere for just about everything.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    That is an unusual problem having active phone service but the number does not come up on AT&T's computer system at all. Corporate is going to have to get involved to fix that issue. So filling an FCC complaint should get the right people involved in getting that problem resolved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    That is an unusual problem having active phone service but the number does not come up on AT&T's computer system at all. Corporate is going to have to get involved to fix that issue. So filling an FCC complaint should get the right people involved in getting that problem resolved.
    Yea, from the 10+ CSRs I've spoken to, my old, ported out account is still coming up instead of my new account, which is why they are having trouble creating a new account and just associating my phone number with it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon formerly AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, from the 10+ CSRs I've spoken to, my old, ported out account is still coming up instead of my new account, which is why they are having trouble creating a new account and just associating my phone number with it.
    Have you tried contacting the number port department to see if anything weird is showing up on their system?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baayers View Post
    Have you tried contacting the number port department to see if anything weird is showing up on their system?
    Yea, I had a prepaid rep do a conference call with the porting department and technical support. Everything is good from the porting department's end, it's AT&T prepaid's front end system that seems to be at fault.

Device(s)
    LGV10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    "... I have no way to ... add funds."
    There was STAR code of: *888*xxxxxxxxxx# then send from the handset that would add the funds directly to the line, presumably it's still working and would cause the funds to be credited to the account number that the phone number is currently governed by. Try it with a $10 PIN, should do the trick at least to keep it funded.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    FYI, the *888* code to add pins still works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    FYI, the *888* code to add pins still works.
    Never got a chance to check the star codes, but they should have worked since AT&T's back end system still recognized my number. They fixed my account today, but I just had to make one final call to customer service to get the funds re added. Everything is working fine now. Technically I got another week of service out of it too lol. I really appreciate everyone's help in this thread.