Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feds Demanding AT&T sell CNN or Direct TV to approve AT&T/Time Warner Deal

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Feds Demanding AT&T sell CNN or Direct TV to approve AT&T/Time Warner Deal

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ti...-idUSKBN1D81Z8

"NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Justice is pushing AT&T Inc (T.N) to sell its CNN cable network to satisfy antitrust concerns over its purchase of Time Warner Inc (TWX.N), the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing sources it said had direct knowledge of the matter...."

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hodula1 View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ti...-idUSKBN1D81Z8

"NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Justice is pushing AT&T Inc (T.N) to sell its CNN cable network to satisfy antitrust concerns over its purchase of Time Warner Inc (TWX.N), the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing sources it said had direct knowledge of the matter...."
    Oh damn...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Should be interesting to see how this one goes down

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I didn’t even know they owned CNN?
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score
    I thought time warner was now spectrum

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    I didn’t even know they owned CNN?
    CNN is a part of time warner..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    I thought time warner was now spectrum
    Time Warner cable and time Warner media split back in 2008 IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ (Qualcomm) Georgetown, TX ........................... Spectrum 300/20, $94.99/month

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If there is a god the whole Time Warner deal will fall through and AT&T will be forced to compete in wireless again.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    And we all know how fond of CNN the Trump admin is....
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    I don't see AT&T selling Directv. CNN if anything.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Judging by the DOJ rebuttal statement, it sounds like CNN was never in the discussion - but that Time Warner Media may be as a unit. I seriously don't think anyone in the Administration would be dumb enough to tell AT&T and Time Warner "you can merge but CNN has to go" - I think that's reading between the lines by a media that got a bit dishonest with the facts. Or, truncated, a dishonest media.

Time Warner is massive and CNN is a small unit that, by Warner's own admission, has been kept due to its value beyond just financial amounts. I could see regulators having a problem with AT&T owning Time Warner media, along with DirecTV, along with wireline and wireless assets.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    From other articles I have read it's not just CNN but all of Turner Broadcasting.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Judging by the DOJ rebuttal statement, it sounds like CNN was never in the discussion - but that Time Warner Media may be as a unit. I seriously don't think anyone in the Administration would be dumb enough to tell AT&T and Time Warner "you can merge but CNN has to go" - I think that's reading between the lines by a media that got a bit dishonest with the facts. Or, truncated, a dishonest media.

Time Warner is massive and CNN is a small unit that, by Warner's own admission, has been kept due to its value beyond just financial amounts. I could see regulators having a problem with AT&T owning Time Warner media, along with DirecTV, along with wireline and wireless assets.
    What you think isn’t any credible evidence. As with most predictions, take with a grain of salt.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dataking View Post
    What you think isn’t any credible evidence. As with most predictions, take with a grain of salt.
    And as I noted in a past thread earlier today, that is not sufficient reason to gestate a post. If you have some contrary opinion, or other facts to share, that would be. Idle bickering is prohibited in this forum.

I shared that the DOJ has refuted the basis for this story. That is a fact. People get to share their opinions on this forum. If you don't like that, add me to your ignore list - or cease using HoFo. You have options other than spamming others.

You are spamming everyone else on this forum basically (and repeatedly) posting “I don’t like what you like” - and I’ve already tried once today to encourage you to post better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    And as I noted in a past thread earlier today, that is not sufficient reason to gestate a post. If you have some contrary opinion, or other facts to share, that would be. Idle bickering is prohibited in this forum.

I shared that the DOJ has refuted the basis for this story. That is a fact. People get to share their opinions on this forum. If you don't like that, add me to your ignore list - or cease using HoFo. You have options other than spamming others.

You are spamming everyone else on this forum basically (and repeatedly) posting “I don’t like what you like” - and I’ve already tried once today to encourage you to post better.
    “Idle bickering” that’s a first. Spamming? The only spamming I’m doing is posting insanely fast speed tests. I insult or judge no one. I’m breaking no rules so I appreciate the whistle blowers to focus on those who actually do insult others and get political. Carry on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast