Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iphones

Feedback Score

iphones

Which ones work with tracfone, and which one be best to get? I want to just swap my sim from LG G3 to iphone. Are the sims same size or would I need an adapter.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    What network are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Newer iPhones use nano SIMs, so you will need to transfer to a nano SIM unless you have one now. The G3 uses a micro SIM which is bigger and 15% thicker, so cutting it down to a nano isn't a smart thing to do if you don't already have a nano in a micro adapter.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestringer View Post
    Which ones work with tracfone, and which one be best to get?
    I don't know anything about iPhones, but a poster on Turk Forums just bought this bundle which is pretty good. The Tracfone iPhone SE sells for $159 on TF web site ($199.99 at Best Buy and Target), add a $19.99 60-minute 90-day card, then apply discount code TF30OFF. Somehow they knocked the bundle price down to $125.29 plus taxes and shipping.

Name:  Tracfone-iPhone-Deal.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  47.3 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That looks like a good deal. Note that is GSM only though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prof68 View Post
    That looks like a good deal. Note that is GSM only though.
    Are there different versions of Tracfone iPhone SE ? TF web site says it's GSM. Best Buy web site (click on Specifications) says it's CDMA and GSM . Target web site (click on Show More) says it's CDMA .

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Are there different versions of Tracfone iPhone SE ? TF web site says it's GSM. Best Buy web site (click on Specifications) says it's CDMA and GSM . Target web site (click on Show More) says it's CDMA .
    I can put a Verizon SIM in my AT&T SE and it works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    I'm on Verizon with my G3. AT&T doesn't work in my area. All I want to do is swap the sim. Can I do that with an adapter? I'm looking at either a 6 or 6s, and I see they are nano sims, mine is a micro. I don't want the 5s, its too small and only 3g.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm on Verizon with my G3. AT&T doesn't work in my area. All I want to do is swap the sim. Can I do that with an adapter? I'm looking at either a 6 or 6s, and I see they are nano sims, mine is a micro.
    To go from micro to nano, you'll have to trim down the micro SIM (the nano SIM is thinner too). An adapter is used when you want to go to a SIM that's bigger than your current SIM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You cannot use an adapter because you want to go smaller. (And thinner)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'm on Verizon with my G3. AT&T doesn't work in my area. All I want to do is swap the sim. Can I do that with an adapter? I'm looking at either a 6 or 6s, and I see they are nano sims, mine is a micro. I don't want the 5s, its too small and only 3g.
    I'm using a Total Wireless iPhone 6 on Tracfone CDMA. I already had active service but needed to buy a newer SIM than what I had been using. I used that new SIM in my Moto G for a day or so then just put it in the new iPhone and have had no problems.
    Last edited by prof68; 11-09-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the quote.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Newer iPhones use nano SIMs, so you will need to transfer to a nano SIM unless you have one now. The G3 uses a micro SIM which is bigger and 15% thicker, so cutting it down to a nano isn't a smart thing to do if you don't already have a nano in a micro adapter.
    Can you transfer service from a micro SIM to a nano SIM using the same CDMA phone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can you transfer service from a micro SIM to a nano SIM using the same CDMA phone?
    Someone posted that if you contact TF and say the old SIM was damaged, the rep might transfer service to a new SIM. But if you want to do it yourself, you'll have to activate the new SIM with a transfer from the old SIM, and activation requires an IMEI different from the one tied to the old SIM.

Feedback Score
    I've got a cdma nano sim from a tracfone sim kit. So if I transfer from the micro sim to the nano I will need a IMEI to transfer it to, right? What if I change the last number in the IMEI.

Feedback Score
    Try what hpham suggested in the previous post. Changing the last digit has been reported to no longer work.

I've got a cdma nano sim from a tracfone sim kit. So if I transfer from the micro sim to the nano I will need a IMEI to transfer it to, right? What if I change the last number in the IMEI.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast