Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus suspended all of my family's lines because of fraud at CallingMart

Feedback Score

Page Plus suspended all of my family's lines because of fraud at CallingMart

Our phones stopped working around 2:30pm today. No texts, calls or data. Took three calls to Page Plus to even get anyone who knew anything and would say anything other than I had to go to a dealer and purchase two PINs for each account to restore service (on lines that not only have half a month left, but also have stacked PINs for next month. Total BS.) I checked my bank account and Callingmart account and nothing was wrong. I even called my bank because they had me so worried.

It appears that Callingmart's master distributor or something either sold them bad PINs, or the card that vendor used was reported stolen (I got 3 different stories so who knows) and as a result Page Plus suspended all the lines that were replenished with that batch of PINs. It sounded like the lady I spoke with had hundreds of confused and irate calls about it already.

After being told I could only call Callingmart to resolve it, I did so and was disconnected after being on hold for over an hour. I sent an email to callingmart CS and heard back, but had to follow up three more times before getting another reply.

They know there is a problem and they say they're working to fix it. They asked for the phone numbers and pass codes so they could contact page plus to restore service, which I gave, but now I haven't heard back and I'm hoping I didn't do the wrong thing. I am very angry.

Anyone else having issues? I couldn't find anything when I searched. Btw, as of 9:26pm Pacific time there has been no further contact from Callingmart. If they don't fix this by morning I will dispute the charges on my credit card and have to buy PINs elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    Yes, this exact issue happened to me tonight as well!

Contacted Page Plus over chat and they first said it was suspended for credit card fraud, and then the rep asked if I purchased the plan from Callingmart. They said it got a chargeback today which was the cause of the suspension, but all my transaction points of my last purchase (Callingmart/PayPal/credit card used) looked normal. Seems that whatever Callingmart used for these sets of PINs used a form of payment for them that charged back, and that fell through to the lines that used the PINs.

The two avenues given to me were to have Callingmart restore the payment that got clawed back, or to apply a new PIN for the same type plan with customer service over the phone so that the line can be reactivated. In either case, the service hours ended before I could call so I'll have to try tomorrow morning.

Contacted CallingMart, no reply yet. I have another un-used PIN ready once I can get in touch with Page Plus to hopefully help with restoring service. You seem to have gotten more traction in terms of a reply stating they're actively working on a solution.

Very frustrating series of events. Pretty unacceptable that in the meantime the phone number stays suspended -- unusable with no inbound/outbound calls/text/data -- over suspected fraud that was none of my doing.

Feedback Score
    A couple reports of line disconnects on Twitter as well, though no mention of Callingmart as the cause: https://twitter.com/PagePlus/status/928462926444466177

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing your experience with this. It's very frustrating.

Still no reply after sending the phone numbers and pass codes so I wrote again. This was the last reply I got a few hours ago - I'll update with any news. Good luck in getting yours resolved quickly tomorrow!
    --

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. There seems to be a problem with one of our providers with their credit card with Page Plus so we are sorting that out with them. For the meantime, we have moved to another provider to get your phone reactivated.

In order for us to reactive your account, can you please provide us your PagePlus phone number and account passcode so we can reactivate your service? Please, let us know by replying to this email or you may call us at 1-877-6-GET-PIN (1-877-643-8746) (Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 11:00 pm EST, Sat - Sun: 10 am - 10 pm EST).

Thank you and we are looking forward to hear from you."

** I replied to that email with the info since earlier I had waited on hold for over an hour and was unceremoniously disconnected without getting through.

Feedback Score
    Sucks. Hope you get sorted.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Thanks, zabjb.

Page Plus is open now but there's still been no further reply from Callingmart, so I will be disputing my current order with my bank as well as the previous one since they caused us to lose 1.5 months of service. It's a shame it has to be this way, we had many years of trouble-free service from them (which is the only reason i stayed with them even after they started charging a fee on the cards.) Lesson learned.

Feedback Score
    Callingmart never got in touch with us again despite my emailing them twice this morning. I will be filing a dispute with my bank today. I didn't want my brother driving an hour to work without a phone so we logged into his Page Plus account and purchased another $39.95 plan. It still wouldn't work. Page Plus phone CS is worse than useless, again claiming we needed to buy two PINs in person at a dealer in order to restore each line. Asking to be transferred to corporate (who told us that wasn't true) results in being told by a recording to call back later.

Chatting with CS told us we had to call a fraud/ loss prevention department (1-888-442-5102). So I waited on hold for that, only to be told none of our devices could be found in the system. When she found out we had Page Plus, she transferred me yet again. I am now being told by the IVR that the wait time is over 30 minutes. This is after purchasing a new PIN as instructed by corporate, and despite being able to see the valid stacked PIN in each account.

This is it for us with Page Plus. The problem is with Callingmart, yes, but the way Page Plus is handling it is totally unacceptable. We have 3 lines on the $40 plan. We just bought new Moto G4 Plays a couple of months ago so I want to keep them for a while. They are totally unlocked/no ads. If anyone has any suggestions for similar plans, I'd appreciate it. I will look at the general forum to see what's there as well. Verizon works for us but these phones will work on other carriers, so we are open to change at this point.

Feedback Score
    Try Selectel.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    same thing happened to me... I WILL NOT be buying any more pins from callingmart.

was on hold and with different people at PagePlus CS for over 4 hours last night before they basically closed the doors on me at quitting time... called back this morning to finish getting my phone back on and now I can't even buy pins from them with a credit card or bank card because my account now has a black mark of credit card fraud that wasn't my fault!

So now I have to buy 2 plans, one for the $ they had to return to callingmart and another to reactivate the phone... and I have to get the pins from a third party dealer which, by the way, oh thats right... is what started this whole mess in the first place...

Are there any other Verizon providers that aren't part of trac-phone?

I am so aggravated right now... wish I was in Miami so I could see these idiots in person!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsgraphic View Post
    same thing happened to me... I WILL NOT be buying any more pins from callingmart.

was on hold and with different people at PagePlus CS for over 4 hours last night before they basically closed the doors on me at quitting time... called back this morning to finish getting my phone back on and now I can't even buy pins from them with a credit card or bank card because my account now has a black mark of credit card fraud that wasn't my fault!

So now I have to buy 2 plans, one for the $ they had to return to callingmart and another to reactivate the phone... and I have to get the pins from a third party dealer which, by the way, oh thats right... is what started this whole mess in the first place...

Are there any other Verizon providers that aren't part of trac-phone?

I am so aggravated right now... wish I was in Miami so I could see these idiots in person!
    Of course. Read the post immediately above your post for one suggestion. Another Suggestion is Red Pocket.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry you're having the same issue, cdsgraphic.

So I waited on hold with their so-called fraud dept for over 30 minutes. I finally get through only to be told the same "buy two PINs" BS as before! But - in the time it took my brother to get to work, the one to which we added another PIN from inside his account, his phone started working.

I hate the idea of giving these shysters any more of my money. But I need to restore the accounts so we can port out of there, plus we just cannot be without cell service. I'll let my bank deal with the Callingmart fraud. (Callingmart has not only not contacted me again, they are now not even answering their CS line. It just says "leave a message." I'm going to buy another PIN for my account directly from Page Plus and then try the chat route again and hope I get a competent person, it's such a crapshoot. If that works then I will do the same for the third account.

Will update with more info as I have it.

Feedback Score
    I'm having the same issue.

I bought a PIN from Calling Mart yesterday and used it at Page Plus Cellular. Later in the day my phone was disconnected. When I contacted Page Plus, they said it was because of a credit card chargeback. When I told them I didn't institute any chargeback, they became very uncooperative and told me to contact CallingMart.

CallingMart was civil but unaccommodating, insisting that the disconnection was due to credit card fraud at Page Plus Cellular involving refills from 3rd party resellers. They claimed that they were waiting for Page Plus to resolve the issue.

Like they have with others, Page Plus insisted on payment for two PINs from me before they would restore service but stated that I would receive credit for only one PIN. I'm not willing to do that and after all this, I don't want to deal with either one of these companies anymore, anyway.

I am currently shopping for a new carrier.

Feedback Score
    two people with the same issue on reddit also

Device(s)
    HTC Ozone XV6175
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus 1200
    Feedback Score
    My mom had her phone disconnected as well. She uses CallingMart monthly pins and the PagePlus online rep told her the phone # can still be used, but she needs to add a new PIN.

They also told her to call the fraud # (1-888-442-5102), but I'm sure they'll give the "buy 2 PINs" garbage.

The only issue is if these phone #s are disconnected, can they be ported out to another carrier (Cricket, etc.)?

Feedback Score
    Thanks all for posting your comments corroborating this problem. Callingmart replied last night saying they've switched providers to get me reactivated and asked for my order number, phone number and passcode, which I sent. I also got a reply saying: "We will work on this first thing in the morning as the Page Plus Customer Service is closed already"

It's morning and no update yet. I have work today and don't have time to wait on the phone all day to reach Page Plus CS, but I'll have to try sneaking out and calling them if the silence from Callingmart continues.

This has really soured me on both Page Plus and Callingmart - for one, spending more money in PINs in order to restore service sounds absurd. Secondly, I need the service restored in order to be able to port out to another carrier.

The line has now been without service for probably 18 hours now.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast