Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus suspended all of my family's lines because of fraud at CallingMart

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the whole pin scheme is one big circle. Master dealers must get their pins from someplace... likely some arm of tracfone. They sell to resellers (calling market, prepayrefill, etc) who then sell to end users. These different layers help insulate various parties when snafus happen.

Feedback Score
    Called PP last night about 8pm to check on the restoration of service. They had to pass me up to a manager to manually add the stacked pin from Calling Mart for both phones. Worked! Back in service.

Feedback Score
    My son who was out of town, was left with no service and no way to communicate due to this fiasco. He was scared and worried being cutoff.
    For Pageplus to blindside its customers with no warning is sickening. Do they not realize older people and children depend on their phones for communication and safety? How callus is this company just to suspend peoples accounts with no warning, especially when the issue is no fault of theirs, but a third party? To continue with their "assault", a call to Pageplus CS provided no answers as the representative could not articulate the actual issue and could only utter "credit card fraud", They were unable to explain much of anything. Then there was the excessive hold times to try and even talk to someone at Pageplus. Not to mention the transferring to a supervisor which led to a hangup twice. I had to buy pins elsewhere to have the service restored. I emailed Callingmart and they were no help, I told them they better be sending me a refund and have not heard back.
    Simply shameful of both companies. I will be looking to see if there is a legal aspect to all this, can a phone service provider simply shut off your communication without warning? Does this not endanger people and prevent some from contacting emergency services?

Feedback Score
    This is callingmart's explanation to the situation on their facebook page. "The situation occurred due to one wholesaler who buys directly from pageplus, bought with bad credit card, and so pageplus suspended all refills that were bought by this wholesaler, which have affected callingmart and many other resellers who got their refills from this wholesaler. Once callingmart found out about the issue, callingmart started contacting pageplus, to resolve the problem to their customers, and they were on long holds from pageplus, as they were bombarded with calls from all other resellers and affected customers as well, this has led to slow responses from callingmart customer service as well working on restoring service to their customers. Callingmart actually don't even buy directly from page plus, so they have nothing to do with this pageplus chargeback transactions, which unfortunately one of callingmart providers did. In fact, callingmart have stepped up to solve the problem for their customers and started issuing new pins to them at their own expense just to get them activated right away."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that, since some of us don't use Facebook and Callingmart never sent us an email explaining anything. They had sent one yesterday hours after Page Plus had already extorted extra PINs out of all of us (in addition to the extra nearly $16 in taxes & fees we were forced to pay because we had to buy from Page Plus directly) in the hopes they *might* restore the service we'd already paid for, asking me to check to see if my phone was working. Approximately one full day after we had been without service or recourse.

I understand this issue may not have been their direct fault so I tried to give them a day to sort it out on their end. The fact remains that they owe me $120+ for 3 PINs that I legitimately paid for and they are ignoring my repeated attempts to straighten it out before filing a dispute with my bank, so they leave me little recourse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by valvo23 View Post
    Why did any of you purchase from Callingmart vs going straight through PP for pins?
    My family uses 3 $39.95 T&T unlimited plans per month.

From Callingmart, with their 2% surcharge (which is really 1% after redeeming purchase points) $121.20

From Page Plus, with taxes and fees piled on: $135.45 (which we had to pay yesterday in their Slime-y extortion tactics to get service restored.)

That's why.

Feedback Score
    All who are outraged at P+consider elsewhere. P+ will never give the benefit of the doubt. When you need P+ it's always a pita.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    All who are outraged at P+consider elsewhere. P+ will never give the benefit of the doubt. When you need P+ it's always a pita.
    Honestly, I'd been looking at options even before this fiasco. The unpredictability of what we'll get when contacting CS has really ticked me off lately. We bought three new phones a few months ago, all the same model. All running the same version OS and using the same apps for SMS, phone/contacts and email. Of the three, one consistently loses the data every few months. Not as in using it up; of the 3, that phone has access to a Wi-Fi signal almost 24/7. The data just stops working, no LTE/3G/1xRTT symbol at all. I call in, they reset it on their end and it's good for another month or two.

Yes, I did a factory reset early on when I noticed it was happening. Rebooting doesn't help either.

So this happened again a couple weeks ago. I hopped on chat and asked them to reset it, yadda yadda. Except this guy had to be that guy. "Well if it keeps happening then you need to do a factory reset or buy a new phone. We can't just keep resetting it." (Paraphrasing, but I did keep the chat.). Seriously. Then he wouldn't post anything else except "is there anything else I can help you with?"!!

On a whim I decided to check the APN, and whaddyaknow: this phone reverts back to the default vzw APN whereas the other two keep the tracfonentp settings on a reboot. This dude didn't even suggest something almost as basic as "is it plugged in?" before advising me to format the phone or get a new one?!

Opened a new chat window, asked again for a reset after saving the TF APN (which the second CS rep did, no questions asked) and rebootedt the phone. Huzzah, LTE was back! The reason it ticked me off was not only due to the first Rep's obstinacy and borderline rudeness, but also because what about the people who wouldn't think to check the APN or might not even know what it is? If my dad would have called in himself, he would have just done what he was told because he would think they know best. It's unacceptable.

I've wanted to get away from the Carlos Slime empire for a while now, just been procrastinating because porting multiple lines to a new MVNO can be a hassle -but this is the kick in the pants that'll make me do it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodorkahedron View Post
    ....I've wanted to get away from the Carlos Slime empire for a while now, just been procrastinating because porting multiple lines to a new MVNO can be a hassle -but this is the kick in the pants that'll make me do it.
    Good for you!

I suggest you ask for help on where to go here on Hofo.
    1) carrier backbone does only VZW work for you?
    2) Can you or do you want to keep your 3 phones?
    3) How much talk, text & data for each line individually?

That's what's needed. Also what level of CS do you need? From holding your hand to driving you nuts.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well there is Cricket(AT&T), AT&T Prepaid(AT&T), H2O(AT&T), MintSim(T-Mobile), Boom(VZW), Selectel(VZW), Verizon Prepaid(VZW), Walmart Verizon Prepaid plans(VZW), T-Mobile Prepaid(T-Mobile).

Edit: Red Pocket as Well.
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Page Plus suspended all of my family's lines because of fraud at CallingMart

There are steps to take if you need a backup and must have a cell phone. I’ve learn this after Cricket was down for a day a year ago. Buy a cheap sim from another carrier and hold Incase your main service goes down.

For example I have h2O sims, Airvoice, and simple mobile sims that I can create a cheap temporary account. Last time Cricket went down I bought a $10 Airvoice account and immediately had talk. Text and data. Enough to use uber and call Home. No carrier is perfect. Carry a backup sim and make sure your phone is unlocked.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Pre Paid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    There are steps to take if you need a backup and must have a cell phone. I’ve learn this after Cricket was down for a day a year ago. Buy a cheap sim from another carrier and hold Incase your main service goes down.

For example I have h2O sims, Airvoice, and simple mobile sims that I can create a cheap temporary account. Last time Cricket went down I bought a $10 Airvoice account and immediately had talk. Text and data. Enough to use uber and call Home. No carrier is perfect. Carry a backup sim and make sure your phone is unlocked.
    I think that is the reason why you should not use an MVNO and buy service directly though an actual wireless carrier like Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, T Mobile USA, and or Sprint. All those providers have both post paid and pre paid options.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post

What good is a spare Sim if it has no funds on it?

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    How'd we without cell phones not 15 year's ago, Pay phones and beepers were so much cooler!

Feedback Score
    I usually have an activated phone Sim in my tablet that if I had to take out and put in a phone if I had to.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast