Feedback Score

Deprioritized data still?

Is it just vz prepaid or all networks?

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can you explain your question a bit more? Which other networks are you referring to, in contrast to Verizon Prepaid?

Feedback Score
    Att/tmobile

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Both of those networks do deprioritize after certain levels of traffic. AT&T after 22GB, and T-Mobile after 50GB.

Feedback Score
    No meaning the regular plans

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I thought one of the benefits of going to VZN prepaid is that they don't reduce the up/down data rates like they do on NVMOs (e.g. Page+). My wife is with them and she routinely gets 1.5 up and 5.0 down while me (on the postpay gUDP) gets 3-10 up and 15-20+ down...

Frank in Michigan
    Frank in Michigan

Toys, toys, toys -- I want more toys...

Feedback Score
    Yes, a few months ago Verizon changed the terms of service to allow for Verizon prepaid traffic to be deprioritized compared to Verizon postpaid.

It depends on network capacity.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by natronx View Post
    Yes, a few months ago Verizon changed the terms of service to allow for Verizon prepaid traffic to be deprioritized compared to Verizon postpaid.

It depends on network capacity.
    Well, that was one of the reasons for considering them. And in another forum they said the they have allowed several MVNOs faster speeds - no longer locked at 5 down/1.5 up. Looks like the lowest price now wins.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I got 22.62 down and 1.07 up

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I got 22.62 down and 1.07 up
    I have been playing with my wife's PagePlus phone and my gUDP phone, both S5s (she has MM, I have KK). Depending on which way the wind is blowing, her's is faster than mine, then mine is faster than hers, then they are the same....

Just crazy. BUT, she did get more than 5 down each time, so PP no longer has that 'upper limit' (and yes, she has been on it for 2 years and each time I checked it, it would always be no more than 5 down and 1.5 up).

Feedback Score
    Yep. I live in a Big 10 college town. I was Deprioritized this past Saturday for the football game, along with all the previous home games. Data is practically unusable.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawk View Post
    Yep. I live in a Big 10 college town. I was Deprioritized this past Saturday for the football game, along with all the previous home games. Data is practically unusable.
    Any idea how bad it got? Measure any speeds? I am not worried about streaming video or music but I do need Google maps to work, for example...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fm-mi View Post
    Any idea how bad it got? Measure any speeds? I am not worried about streaming video or music but I do need Google maps to work, for example...
    No measured speeds. I don't know about maps. Email took about a minute each, and TuneIn radio, FaceBook, Twitter were practically unusable. I've always been very happy with Verizon prepaid until this year.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawk View Post
    No measured speeds. I don't know about maps. Email took about a minute each, and TuneIn radio, FaceBook, Twitter were practically unusable. I've always been very happy with Verizon prepaid until this year.
    OK. Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I saw the fastest ever at home today with Verizon Prepaid. 30mb and 55mb. A verizon MVNO had about 4mb on a different phone at same location.

Yet, at work, with verizon prepaid I've had less than 4mb, which is why I'm transferring my main line to ATT later this month. Figure, when traveling, a combination of ATT postpaid and a verizon MVNO should give me good coverage.

The limit of 5mb (traditional for Ver MVNOs, apparently being increased depending on contracts) is different than deprioritization, which more affects busy network locations. And your postpaid speed will likely not be fast either, just faster.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying myself the new generation iPhone about every 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast