Thread: Need suggestions for new phone

Feedback Score

Need suggestions for new phone

My husband has a Samsung Alpha phone on ST ATT. He hates the phone and wants a different one. Need to keep it about 4.5" screen. Good speakerphone. Need to keep it simple. He wants something that is going to show him prominently that he has missed a call or has voicemail. He had a ZTE Solar before that he was satisfied with before it died. Any suggestions? BYOP is fine. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It all depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want to stay on the ATT network or switch to a Verizon network phone?

For $129, you can get an Iphone SE, one of the more powerful phones in the smaller screen size, great camera, 32gb storage, powerful processor, great screen, 2gb ram and on the Verizon network.

Feedback Score
    I would like to keep the cost under $200.00. Has to stay on ATT network as we do not have very good Verizon service in our area.

Feedback Score
    Just bought an iPhone SE today. $129 before tax at walmart.

It came with a Verizon sim for StraightTalk or Total wireless.

I didn’t use that sim. I put in my AT&T sim before I turned it on, turned it on, activated it and all is well.

If your sim is a nano sim you can do the same thing.

If your sim is a standard or micro (bigger) you could still order an AT&T nano sim from straight talk and transfer your service to the new sim.

The SE is going on sell for $99 and the iPhone 6 for $139 at walmart on Black Friday. Both great phones at very reasonable prices.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm going to look at those phones. Price is right.
    How is the speakerphone volume?

Feedback Score
    Speakerphone volume is good. Not the loudest but far from the worst Ive heard.

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I am on verizon monthly with a dying iphone 6. I was thinking a SE with a MVNO on the verizon network would be good.
    Is the walmart SE /total wireless deal the best route?
    I used to be with pageplus until about a year ago. Never had any problems but figure I should look at op,tions. I probably use 3 gb or less data, but could stream music and maps if it’s free/ included.

Feedback Score
    The ST iPhone SE and 6 deals are the best deals I know of. Others may chime in with better options but, for $129 SE and $199 for the 6 currently, is hard to beat IMO. Especially with the BF deals coming soon.

ST is a pretty good option IF,

1.You can get by without good customer service.

2. You do not need tethering.

The SE and 6 come ready to be set up with a Verizon sim on your choice of ST or Total wireless. Meaning if you use the included sim to set up the phone, the phone will work off of Verizon towers.

Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap67 View Post
    The SE is going on sell for $99 and the iPhone 6 for $139 at walmart on Black Friday. Both great phones at very reasonable prices.
    Just to clarify, the SE that is going on sale is a Family Mobile phone, not Straight Talk. The iPhone 6 is going on sale for $129.

Feedback Score
    Thanks wafflecoptor!

I am not sure if the FM phones can be activated on ST.

Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No problem Cap, the FM phones cannot be activated on Straight Talk. Ever since America Movil( TracFone) bought them, the phones became locked to Family Mobile.