Thread: Will You Switch To AT&T During 2018/2019 Because Of Better Coverage Due To FirstNet?

Feedback Score

Will You Switch To AT&T During 2018/2019 Because Of Better Coverage Due To FirstNet?

Certainly a number of us here have selected Verizon because of its coverage. Now that AT&T has been selected by FirstNet, it is likely that their coverage will improve over the course of the next two years. With that in mind, would that cause you to "jump ship" from Verizon to AT&T?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Don't expect coverage to improve too much intially. No widespread permits for new macros have been seen.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just left AT&T simply for the fact the their network has severely degraded over the past year. It used to have the best coverage and fastest speeds in SE Mass. Now I spend more time in it's unusable HSDPA so called 4g than I do in LTE. While they are focusing on the Time Warner deal and destroying Directv, it seems like they could care less about their network at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eprius View Post
    I just left AT&T simply for the fact the their network has severely degraded over the past year. It used to have the best coverage and fastest speeds in SE Mass. Now I spend more time in it's unusable HSDPA so called 4g than I do in LTE. While they are focusing on the Time Warner deal and destroying Directv, it seems like they could care less about their network at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app
    Instead of branching out to other businesses, they should just focus on doing one thing very well like wireless and be the best they can be. But for now, AT&T is the jack of all trades, master of none!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    And here I plan to switch back to ATT due to Verizon degrading over the last year at my workplace. They all have problems someplace, so I'm trying ATT again.

Though Verizon was better this last summer in the Colorado/Wyoming/Nebraska area than ATT was 3 years ago.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying myself the new generation iPhone about every 2 years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Will You Switch To AT&T During 2018/2019 Because Of Better Coverage Due To Fi...

So far there won't be any better coverage due to FirstNet. AT&T has basically said as much themselves. I imagine somewhere down the road there might be a new coverage build but it could be years from now. I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be open to switching back if it actually happens though. But only after It's actually done, not based off plans to expand/densify.

Feedback Score
    I won’t switch because of FirstNet. I would consider switching, but I would first need AT&T to change some of their business practices. It would also be nice if they offered competitive rates as well.

Back when I had AT&T I switched because Verizon offered more coverage and more data for $5 less per month, plus the phone deals are amazing. In order to switch back, AT&T would need to have an easy to navigate website (it’s currently confusing and wants you to sign up for DTV), responsive customer service (took two weeks to find out they don’t offer high speed Internet in my area), and I want some kind of plan comparable to what I have now. AT&T also has their network configured to lock me on to band 12/17 in my area, which I didn’t enjoy due to the low speeds, but I could live with that if other things were changed.

I really do enjoy the suite of services that Verizon and AT&T offer though.

Feedback Score
    I sure don’t understand why

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't look like firstnet coverage will be much better anytime soon. The biggest benefit I see so far is that first responders will get priority when they need it.

As for the public who knows if any differences will be seen

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Considering it can take years to get new macro sites up (due to a variety of reasons) I’d say most people won’t start noticing FirstNet improvements until 2019 or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your results may vary. Network performance differs per user location.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Certainly a number of us here have selected Verizon because of its coverage. Now that AT&T has been selected by FirstNet, it is likely that their coverage will improve over the course of the next two years. With that in mind, would that cause you to "jump ship" from Verizon to AT&T?
    Left Verizon for ATT a year ago. Verizon wouldn't lower the price of my bill by even $5 so after almost 10 years with them I left along with my 5 lines to ATT. Amazingly I have had a MUCH better experience even though coverage here isnt as robust, like at my mom's there is absolutely no ATT signal. Verizon will have to step up there game and lower prices and then I may go back. I'm waiting to see how first net does but by the looks of it it is already turning out to be pretty lackluster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    Left Verizon for ATT a year ago. Verizon wouldn't lower the price of my bill by even $5 so after almost 10 years with them I left along with my 5 lines to ATT. Amazingly I have had a MUCH better experience even though coverage here isnt as robust, like at my mom's there is absolutely no ATT signal. Verizon will have to step up there game and lower prices and then I may go back. I'm waiting to see how first net does but by the looks of it it is already turning out to be pretty lackluster.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    What’s the better way experience with AT&T? If coverage isn’t as robust?

Feedback Score
    I tried AT&T for several months and ran back to Verizon. After specifically telling me (AT&T) they had 4G LTE and GREAT speeds in my area, found out their great speeds were like 2.55 mbps down and if lucky .58 mbps up. Dropped calls, etc. Although you use their app to report problems, never got a repsonse. Their CSR said those speeds are normal. LOL Nah, sticking with Verizon.