Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Black Friday (Week) Deals from T-Mobile

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...th_24th_deals/

Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ free with qualifying trade-in: S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, LG V20, LG V30 qualifying devices.

LG V30 free with qualifying trade-in: S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, LG V20, LV V30 qualifying devices.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Free Galaxy Tab E with new or existing tablet/MI line when you purchase the Note 8 on EIP. Free Samsung Gear Kit via samsungpromotions.com

On Us: Additional line of service FREE. Every T-Mobile customer with at least two voice lines can get an additional line free after bill credits! That's not all, T-Mobile One customers will have the option to duplicate one of their lines completely free with DIGITS!

21st T-Mobile Tuesday Accessory Codes: This Tuesday we will be randomly giving away accessory promotion codes for up to 75% off select accessories from T-Mobile.com! Be sure to check the T-Mobile Tuesdays app!
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm at 11 lines currently and one of those is free from the free line promo from last March. Looks like I'll be able to grab a 12th line next week as long as it isn't an issue having 2 free line promos.

Feedback Score
    The free line if you have at least 2 is a great offer. The v30 offer though seems odd, you can make the argument the phones on that list may all be better devices than the v30, except the v20. If you have a v20 it's basically a free upgrade but I'm not sure if I'd trade any of those other phones for a v30. The s8 offer is good though. I feel the s8 is a superior device than the v30 so any s7 or iPhone 6s would be an upgrade to get the s8, just not sure an s7/s7 edge or 6s/6s plus for a v30 is a great deal. Especially if history is any indication. If so, you'll likely be able to pick up a v30 for around 300 bucks pretty soon.

Feedback Score
    And it look like you can't trade in an S7 Active
    Last edited by NotABiot; 11-13-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...th_24th_deals/

Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ free with qualifying trade-in: S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, LG V20, LG V30 qualifying devices.

LG V30 free with qualifying trade-in: S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, LG V20, LV V30 qualifying devices.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Free Galaxy Tab E with new or existing tablet/MI line when you purchase the Note 8 on EIP. Free Samsung Gear Kit via samsungpromotions.com

On Us: Additional line of service FREE. Every T-Mobile customer with at least two voice lines can get an additional line free after bill credits! That's not all, T-Mobile One customers will have the option to duplicate one of their lines completely free with DIGITS!

21st T-Mobile Tuesday Accessory Codes: This Tuesday we will be randomly giving away accessory promotion codes for up to 75% off select accessories from T-Mobile.com! Be sure to check the T-Mobile Tuesdays app!
    Danny, do these trade ins have an encumbrances, based on past experience? Like, requirement of a new line or anything

Specifically, I have existing lines, with entirely unlocked BYOD's on them. I'd like to trade in a V20 for a new V30, and then use it on one of these existing TMO lines. Thanks

------------------

Oh, and I am not sure what this means...

"T-Mobile One customers will have the option to duplicate one of their lines completely free with DIGITS!"

Is that like, you will get a 2nd SIM on the same number that you can put into another phone?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    The free line if you have at least 2 is a great offer. The v30 offer though seems odd, you can make the argument the phones on that list may all be better devices than the v30, except the v20. If you have a v20 it's basically a free upgrade but I'm not sure if I'd trade any of those other phones for a v30. The s8 offer is good though. I feel the s8 is a superior device than the v30 so any s7 or iPhone 6s would be an upgrade to get the s8, just not sure an s7/s7 edge or 6s/6s plus for a v30 is a great deal. Especially if history is any indication. If so, you'll likely be able to pick up a v30 for around 300 bucks pretty soon.
    The S8 doesn't support Band 71 like the V30 does and there is going to be a lot of Band 71 over the next year deployed. Nothing wrong with a LG phone. Sure LG had their bootloop problem just like Samsung had their Note 7 battery exploding issue. Both the LG V30 and Samsung S8, N8 and A8 are all better phones than anything Apple has ever made.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Danny, do these trade ins have an encumbrances, based on past experience? Like, requirement of a new line or anything
    The main encumbrance is you buy the device on EIP and then you receive a bill credit each month equal to your payment. This basically locks you in with T-Mobile during the duration of the EIP if you want them to finish paying off that device.

Feedback Score
    The free line if you have at least 2 is a great offer.
    There used to be a lot of complaints about previous free line after bill credits offers. I haven't seen many recently. But when there was a whole thread about it, people used to say that the credits didn't start instantly and then some people had to keep calling in to get their line credit applied.

It would be good to know from someone who is currently receiving bill credits for free lines, if that process has been smooth recently.

If I understand the Digits duplicate SIM, you get a second SIM that you can use in another device phone, tablet or wearable that will ring your current number on the new device. Data on the new device is limited to 3G speeds. (512K.) The service is currently offered at $10 per month, so this offer would probably be in the form of a bill credit as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The free line offer is like always. No previous changes in the last 30 days.. and no changes should be made after getting the free line (like cancelling other lines) in order for the free line to stay free. Also you can not change plans. You can however add lines without affecting the free line. Very often free lines are stackable on top of other free line offers; but better read the fine print.

Some people drop a line and then get the free line thinking it will be free.
    And other people after getting the free line they drop a line... then complain why the free line is not free anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    The S8 doesn't support Band 71 like the V30 does and there is going to be a lot of Band 71 over the next year deployed. Nothing wrong with a LG phone. Sure LG had their bootloop problem just like Samsung had their Note 7 battery exploding issue. Both the LG V30 and Samsung S8, N8 and A8 are all better phones than anything Apple has ever made.
    Not according to the only numbers that really matter. Sales figures.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The main encumbrance is you buy the device on EIP and then you receive a bill credit each month equal to your payment. This basically locks you in with T-Mobile during the duration of the EIP if you want them to finish paying off that device.
    I had to look up EIP to see what it means as it was something I've never done.

So.... this would mean that:

1) My monthly bill would NOT change.
    2) I'd be "stuck" with T-Mobile for this 24 months.
    3) "What does T-Mobile get out of this from me, as an existing customer?" I guess... a much lower chance that I'd "churn away" to a competitor?

Then, this question follows: if I left T-Mobile, say, 18 months along, I'd need to pay OFF the remainder of the $800 or so V30? Something like $240?

Thanks for your most helpful answer, Jet!

Name:  blueribbon.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  13.2 KB

Feedback Score
    I drove through a huge hole in Band 12 yesterday (one that shows good coverage on the T-Mobile map) and it killed my streaming music (Northwest of Clare, Michigan). AT&T Roaming kicked in: reliable but not speedy. As for "coverage needs", The towns in that area probably average 1.7 horses and calling it "Backwoods" wouldn't be far from the truth... .but the highway, M-115, has a ton of traffic*.

I'm hoping that Band 71 will fill out places like this... am I being over optimistic?

Name:  greetingsfromclaresmall.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  54.6 KB

* Daily traffic on M-115 as of 2009 ranges from 2,236 to 12,079 vehicles. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-115_(Michigan_highway). Assuming one person per car, and no repeat trips, this indicates a coverage need in a year which ranges between 816,140 and 4.408,835 individuals. Mitigating factors include the same car making this trip many times during a year, which reduces the total significantly, and number of passengers per car, which increases it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    .....If I understand the Digits duplicate SIM, you get a second SIM that you can use in another device phone, tablet or wearable that will ring your current number on the new device. ....
    Jet, based on past knowledge, how would this work with an iPad that has some sort of E-Sim, and no physical sim?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not according to the only numbers that really matter. Sales figures.
    LOL cherry picking. Android sells more phones than Apple on T-Mobile and in the USA and the world. Do you even have T-Mobile service since you were the guy that keep insulting anyone that disagreed with the Sprint T-Mobile merger?

Feedback Score
    LOL cherry picking. Android sells more phones than Apple on T-Mobile and in the USA and the world. Do you even have T-Mobile service since you were the guy that keep insulting anyone that disagreed with the Sprint T-Mobile merger?
    Who did I insult? Maybe I called out people who made comments that made no sense, if you made a comment that made no sense, then maybe you felt insulted. Best way to deal with that is make comments that make sense next time. Also it's not cherry picking. The sales numbers don't support your claims. According to the only numbers that matter, the iPhone is a better device than the s8 and v30. What would sales of other Android devices across the world have anything to do with the s8 or v30?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast