Thread: AT&T sim to VZW sim transfer

Feedback Score

AT&T sim to VZW sim transfer

Hi All!
    I have a nexus 5 currently activated with an AT&T sim, and would like to transfer the service & phone number to a Verizon Rebel 2.
    Is that an issue? Planning on doing that using chat.
    Anything I need to think about here? Will this be quick and be done during the chat session, or will this transfer take a few days?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Use Chat. Make sure to have the rep give your balance and exp date for the transcript. Ask the rep to verify the same info after the transfer was made. Since you're going from one carrier to another, the transfer can take up to 48 hrs, but lately TF has gotten it down to just 3-4 hrs.

You'll need to set up your voicemail on Verizon once the transfer is done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Use Chat. Make sure to have the rep give your balance and exp date for the transcript. Ask the rep to verify the same info after the transfer was made. Since you're going from one carrier to another, the transfer can take up to 48 hrs, but lately TF has gotten it down to just 3-4 hrs.

You'll need to set up your voicemail on Verizon once the transfer is done.
    Be careful with any reserve, I had a net10 fiasco, long story short, I lost my phone number and would have lost 3 months of reserve if not for spending hours on the phone with TracFone and digging up an old pin that had already been added to reserve, seems their "records" are to benefit them, not you.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    What is a reserve?
    For the voicemail setup, I just dial the voicemail number (my own number) from the phone and will then be prompted - correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    What is a reserve?
    The term "reserve" must be a Net10 thing that is not used with TracFone. We usually term this "forever rollover". Net10 is an anachronism that should go away from lack of usefullness anymore.

Feedback Score
    What is a reserve?
    For the voicemail setup, I just dial the voicemail number (my own number) from the phone and will then be prompted - correct?
    Reserve as in 30 day service plans on the account . The end date includes those.

Feedback Score
    What is a reserve?
    Net10 lost my phone number, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What is a reserve?
    As loboheeler said, "reserve" is a Net10 term. If I'm not mistaken, you can add one or more time cards to your Net10 account, but they won't be used until the previous card runs out of service days.

That's correct. There are some slight differences when accessing your voicemail box:
    * On AT&T: if you're accessing your voicemail from another phone, press "*" to interrupt the voicemail greeting. After entering your password, you don't press any other character.
    * On Verizon: if you're accessing your voicemail from another phone, press "#" to interrupt the voicemail greeting. After entering your password, you have to press "#".

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What is a reserve?
    Usually you can just press 1 and hold and it will automatically go to voice mail.

Feedback Score
    Hi All!
    I have a nexus 5 currently activated with an AT&T sim, and would like to transfer the service & phone number to a Verizon Rebel 2.
    Is that an issue? Planning on doing that using chat.
    Anything I need to think about here? Will this be quick and be done during the chat session, or will this transfer take a few days?
    I did this TF-ATT -> TF-Vz about a year ago. I did it all online on the web site. It worked and I had service on the Vz phone in a few minutes with all my units transferred. There is no guarantee that it will only take a few minutes.

After reading some horror stories, I would not do it online again. I would do it with chat. As others said, have chat document your existing units before and after the transfer. Don't activate the Vz phone first.

Voicemail, if you want it, can be set up the first time you call your number from the Tracfone. Once voicemail is set up, they will almost never disable it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I did this TF-ATT -> TF-Vz about a year ago. I did it all online on the web site. It worked and I had service on the Vz phone in a few minutes with all my units transferred. There is no guarantee that it will only take a few minutes.

After reading some horror stories, I would not do it online again. I would do it with chat. As others said, have chat document your existing units before and after the transfer. Don't activate the Vz phone first.

Voicemail, if you want it, can be set up the first time you call your number from the Tracfone. Once voicemail is set up, they will almost never disable it.
    I did mine online and that's where it hung up for over 24 hrs, online chat actually made it worse. That's where she deleted my number and my reserve went right along with it, took another 2 weeks to prove I was right even though I had a screen shot that showed my reserve and , a rep even manually added the service days as one big chunk, but with permanently throttled data. It finally got fixed after many hours explaining the whole thing multiple times. I never got back my number though, at that point I didn't care, the other messed up part is I was going from at&t to at&t , I just simply needed a nano SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I did mine online and that's where it hung up for over 24 hrs, online chat actually made it worse. That's where she deleted my number and my reserve went right along with it, took another 2 weeks to prove I was right even though I had a screen shot that showed my reserve and , a rep even manually added the service days as one big chunk, but with permanently throttled data. It finally got fixed after many hours explaining the whole thing multiple times. I never got back my number though, at that point I didn't care, the other messed up part is I was going from at&t to at&t , I just simply needed a nano SIM.
    Thanks, good to know. It can go horribly any way you do it. That said, I believe most go just fine. I lost a phone number years ago when transferring to a new feature phone using phone support and had to correct them for half an hour to transfer all of my units. Only four people have my cell number so it is not a big deal for me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It can go horribly any way you do it. That said, I believe most go just fine.
    If things go wrong while you're using Chat, the rep "owns" that problem and has to fix it. Even if the problem was not detected until the chat has ended, the transcript is very useful for the next rep to know what the first rep did. If Chat is only used after an online transfer has gone wrong, the rep can't see what you did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If things go wrong while you're using Chat, the rep "owns" that problem and has to fix it. Even if the problem was not detected until the chat has ended, the transcript is very useful for the next rep to know what the first rep did. If Chat is only used after an online transfer has gone wrong, the rep can't see what you did.
    Of course they can't see your transaction history, that would make to much sense...

Feedback Score
    Thanks all, this helps!