Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Rewards Ending Soon....

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    How does one company merge with itself?
    Basically issue new sims for ATT prepaid to Cricket users. They will save on employees, marketing,etc.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Basically issue new sims for ATT prepaid to Cricket users. They will save on employees, marketing,etc.
    Not even worth speculating.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Possible reality Cricket and Att prepaid as one, also the Cricket Rewards are participated by a tiny fraction of subscribers out of 7 millions, shutting down is better than continuing, people sign up for Cricket is not for reward program, they sign up for coverage and affordability.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if all this is leading up to a merger with ATT prepaid? There’s really no need for a separate Cricket now.
    Hmmmm That would mean alot of store closings. Those things are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    How does one company merge with itself?
    Don't know, but sounds dirty. Lol
    Probably the same way companies split but still under the same umbrella.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...ely-to-be.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CricketWire...limited_device

The hits just keep coming. Were ya'll porting to next?

What's the latest count of Cricket changes? Cheerleaders have gone into hiding. Cash out your points boys, this well has run dry.
    Done Walmart gift card !
    I wonder if all this is leading up to a merger with ATT prepaid? There’s really no need for a separate Cricket now.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    Meh....

I went from paying around 240 with taxes from Sprints unlimited on 4 lines to paying 100 for five lines. Not to mention Sprints data speeds are horrendous in my area. Would buffer on podcasts and videos were unplayable while moving.

Even with recent changes I still get better service for less.

I love your personal vendetta though, makes me laugh at you every time I see one of your posts.

Hopefully TMobile gets their Network in check so I can jump ship and have VOLTE and hotspot included.
    Probably not a vendetta. This person must be a paid t-mobile troll as much as they are in here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Consolidating AT&T prepaid and Cricket makes sense to reduce overhead, yet Cricket had much better marketing strategies than AT&T prepaid. 5 lines for $100 and referral rewards are the two most important marketing tools that I witnessed. The head of Cricket should lead the new unit and keeps the good work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    About a year ago, I tried Cricket on a whim and found the service to be great for the price (was previously using AT&T postpaid and had no interest in their new unlimited plans nor bundling with DirecTV or U-verse TV), so I brought the other lines on our account over. All the lines are various iPhones and we're saving about $40-$45/month compared with the best pricing we could get with AT&T postpaid (I had a work discount), so things have been mostly positive during that experience.

During the end of 2016 and first part of 2017, it seems that everything Cricket was doing was making it a little "too" good - bumping data from 2.5GB to 3GB to 4GB, 99¢ phones, VoLTE and some mild roaming (usually reserved for postpaid), and the promise of Wi-Fi calling. Each of those have been great for making Cricket feel like a well-rounded budget service.

Some of the cutbacks, in the area of referrals (they went from separate to in the Rewards app over the course of this year), rewards (it's gone, but only a few months ago they were heavily promoting Cricket Rewards Week...anyone?), and closing some loopholes for plan changes are disappointing, but the core service we have is still a pretty good value for the money.

I have a bit of cash on our account balance (discounted gift cards), the grandfathered old Group Save discount, and everyone is still pretty happy with our service, so we'll probably keep things as-is for now. I can't say I'm not keeping an eye on things just a little, as AT&T has been doing a lot of things lately not for the better, but I hope this is just a streamlining move due to non-use, rather than the start of more negative changes.

I do have three lingering thoughts:

- I have considered moving my line to something else if and when the cost would make it worthwhile (right now my line is just "$10" more than the rest of the account would be without it). T-Mobile coverage is pretty good in my area, but some of MetroPCS's quirks have kept me away for now (varying dealer experiences, no online ordering, SIM tied to phone). I'm sure the service is great, but I'm having flashbacks to the days when Sprint and Verizon were CDMA-only and I'd SIM-swap to unlocked phones to my heart's content with T-Mobile. Basically, the T-Mobile "Walmart" plan needs to come back.

- Apparently some of the people being negative on these boards like to point out that Cricket customers are cheapskates and that's the consensus. I'll admit that a $10/month hike would be annoying, but I'd probably get over it. For me, it's more of a price/performance sweet spot. I could've jumped to Sprint's free plan or Virgin's $1 plan, but was willing to spend some money on better service in my area. I think the complaints on here are more that the service used to be something that you could recommend to family and friends and now it's feeling a little less like that.

- It does seem that someone at AT&T just realized they have an in-house prepaid brand and some work has been done to make it more attractive. As others have said, combining AT&T Prepaid and Cricket does make some operating sense and they're as close as they've ever been in terms of options and pricing, but you do lose the three tiers that T-Mobile and Sprint have (discount brand, in-house prepaid, postpaid). Maybe that doesn't matter to AT&T?

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    [url] Were ya'll porting to next?
    *Where y'all

And, other than my primary line moving to Sprint's One Year Free, my family is still staying with Cricket. If we were to switch, it'd be to either another AT&T MVNO or possibly (depending on how well the signal works when I visit over Christmas) Sprint. T-Mobile has no signal for miles around unless you're standing outside, still, in the exact perfect spot. Even 4 lines for $110 with 5GB each (which just a year ago was 2.5GB, if I remember correctly) is still an amazing deal for real nationwide coverage (instead of a magenta map that's overpainted to look better than it really is.)
    Not bad for a free unlimited line from Sprint!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...ely-to-be.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CricketWire...limited_device

The hits just keep coming. Were ya'll porting to next?

What's the latest count of Cricket changes? Cheerleaders have gone into hiding. Cash out your points boys, this well has run dry.
    And the trolls are out. I am actually surprised you've been so quiet for the past month or two. I was bracing for a lot of trolling when the price went up.

I am feeling deja vu. Before I joined Cricket, I was on Virgin Mobile from 2011-2015. VM had a plan of 300 minutes, unlimited text/data (3G) for $25. When they introduced 4G (aka wimax), they raised the rate to $35. Eventually, I got fed up with VM service and came over to Cricket. At least Cricket's service has been consistent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    Hmmmm That would mean alot of store closings. Those things are everywhere.
    they could just do what they did with all the AIO stores, rebrand them to cricket... although "at&t prepaid" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The way things are looking it wouldn't surprise me to see Cricket within a few months end their practice of including the taxes and fees in the advertised rate. After all this is AT&T we are talking about. Strongly suspect that AT&T ultimately rolls Cricket into their standard Pre-paid product. 50/50 that the name Cricket is gone within 2 years.

Feedback Score
    What the **** are you people talking about, I don't even care for Cricket but you people are hillarious, Cricket is still very competitive, plus they have brick and mortar stores, unlike TracFone, let's take their $40 5gig plan ($35 with auto pay), who beats that?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    And the trolls are out. I am actually surprised you've been so quiet for the past month or two. I was bracing for a lot of trolling when the price went up.

I am feeling deja vu. Before I joined Cricket, I was on Virgin Mobile from 2011-2015. VM had a plan of 300 minutes, unlimited text/data (3G) for $25. When they introduced 4G (aka wimax), they raised the rate to $35. Eventually, I got fed up with VM service and came over to Cricket. At least Cricket's service has been consistent.
    He's been trying to troll since the changes to the group discounts but it took him until yesterday to find somewhere with enough T-Mobile signal to actually be able to post

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket Rewards Ending Soon....

I have 3 lines of 3Mbps “unlimited” for $105/mo taxes included; with at&t native coverage and VoLTE. Includes roaming in Canada/Mexico. I am not about to start complaining about a rewards program I have never used or charges for buying cricket branded devices I will never buy.
    Last edited by mch; 11-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast