Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Results 151 to 155 of 155

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    617
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Just one point of order here: If you want the Premium Streaming add on, it's not one or the other...it's both. You have to pay $10/mo, *and* you have to keep the SIM in a phone with 1080p capabilities. If you put that SIM in a non-1080p device, people have seen the feature fall off and a bill credit get issued. They're serious. They don't want you sucking bits down that your phone can't view. I won't get into the ethics of it all, I just want you to know what you're getting into.
    And if you put the SIM in a hotspot, the feature falls off too.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    976
    Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    And if you put the SIM in a hotspot, the feature falls off too.
    Yeah, sorry, that should have been implied but it's good to spell it out explicitly. If the SIM ends up in any device except your 1080p phone, the feature falls off, and you have to call back and get it again. Total pain for marginally better video potential.

    Also, I am biased since I routinely stream 1080p without paying for it and without a VPN.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    617
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    If the SIM ends up in any device except your 1080p phone, the feature falls off, and you have to call back and get it again.
    If you put the SIM in a 1080p or higher tablet, since those aren't throttled, idk what would happen. I am guessing the feature code would fall off but since those aren't throttled, you wouldn't notice it until you put the SIM back in a 1080p phone.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lurker coming out of the shadows. Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful information in this thread. I went through chat earlier this week and met an extremely helpful representative who switched me from gUDP to fUDP. Then she went the extra mile: she asked whether I wanted to to a single line or planned to have multiple; I explained that my wife and I are on separate gUDPs but had been planning to consolidate; representative said it'd be better if we consolidated under fUDP (which I knew) and then made sure she took care of the plan switch and walked me through the service transfer/consolidation. Now I have a four-line fUDP (in-laws were on my wife's account with 2GB/mo plans) and a much lighter monthly bill. I hope to get Jamie the next time I need assistance with something.

    Cheers to you all for making this community a good and helpful place.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    976
    Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dzl23 View Post
    Lurker coming out of the shadows. Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful information in this thread. I went through chat earlier this week and met an extremely helpful representative who switched me from gUDP to fUDP. Then she went the extra mile: she asked whether I wanted to to a single line or planned to have multiple; I explained that my wife and I are on separate gUDPs but had been planning to consolidate; representative said it'd be better if we consolidated under fUDP (which I knew) and then made sure she took care of the plan switch and walked me through the service transfer/consolidation. Now I have a four-line fUDP (in-laws were on my wife's account with 2GB/mo plans) and a much lighter monthly bill. I hope to get Jamie the next time I need assistance with something.

    Cheers to you all for making this community a good and helpful place.
    It was Jamie that flipped me, too! He's a solid dude.

    Congrats on getting flipped over. Everyone in this thread contributed a lot to help other people save some money. I'm glad they're keeping the door open even to this day.

    Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM
  3. Is it still possible to get a NEW v60ci from Telus?
    By ggweci in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 11:49 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:56 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 06:23 AM

Bookmarks