Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 155

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    948
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    With autopay discount, $140 + tax.
    Bummer, that doesn't really save us any money over the 24GB plan for 2 lines (with 22% corporate discount). That works out to $126.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    979
    Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Bummer, that doesn't really save us any money over the 24GB plan for 2 lines (with 22% corporate discount). That works out to $126.
    Yep. With XXL, it's a breakeven with no employee discount. I think that's where they wanted to draw the line. At XXL, it's even-Steven with no discount. Above XXL, it pretty much always makes sense to go Unlimited. You're definitely in the grey area there, since you have such a generous employee discount.

    If you had more lines chugging more and more data, it would make the switch easier. But with just 2, you can probably be pretty sure it's not going past 24GB.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    522
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just tried doing this. The rep said he had to submit an IPR to try to get my parents from Beyond to the fUDP, and that he can't guarantee it'll work.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    263
    Feedback Score
    0
    What's the cost for 1 iPhone and 2 iPads? I'm debating leaving my gUDP for the February UDP. I'm currently paying $50 for the gUDP plans.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    579
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    It would be $170+tax ($160 autopay)

    $110 Data portion
    $20 per line access fee (iPhone or iPad)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    It would be $170+tax ($160 autopay)

    $110 Data portion
    $20 per line access fee (iPhone or iPad)
    Really!? I might as well go with the beyond plan as it's 130.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    80
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mac. View Post
    Really!? I might as well go with the beyond plan as it's 130.
    That does not seem right. I was told $256 for 4 lines with Beyond Unlimited...
    Frank in Michigan

    Toys, toys, toys -- I want more toys...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    971
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's definitely still possible. I did it this morning.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    979
    Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's definitely still possible. I did it this morning.
    Nice. The funny thing is that everyone who reports doing it reports what I would consider a pretty minimal level of hassle to get it. They're obviously not working too hard to keep people away from it.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fm-mi View Post
    That does not seem right. I was told $256 for 4 lines with Beyond Unlimited...
    Seems right to me, considering this was on Verizon's website.

    Name:  image1.png
Views: 371
Size:  54.1 KB

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    979
    Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fm-mi View Post
    That does not seem right. I was told $256 for 4 lines with Beyond Unlimited...
    There's a bit of oddness for people who have non-phone lines on their plans. For February, everything is $20 (except watches I think). But on Beyond, some things look like an entirely new line (another $50), but others are just $20 more. I just don't remember all the details. Beyond for 4 lines should be $200 + tax, assuming no DPP, and no in-contract fees.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    979
    Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mac. View Post
    Seems right to me, considering this was on Verizon's website.

    Name:  image1.png
Views: 371
Size:  54.1 KB
    Looks right to me, too. That's because with a single line Beyond plan, there isn't much difference with the Feb single line plan. It's like $5 different.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    80
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Looks right to me, too. That's because with a single line Beyond plan, there isn't much difference with the Feb single line plan. It's like $5 different.
    OK. I thought all devices on the new beyond UDP were the same price, and for 3 lines, it would be more. Didn't realize that tablets were less (guess it is not a 'line'). If that is the case, and you are not concerned with deprioritazion, go for it. I did the fUDP and saved over $100/month.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    101
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I followed weskeene’s tips and was able to switch into this plan just now via chat. It will be effective next billing cycle as this was the only option the rep had on her end. She highlighted this is now a grandfathered plan and thus, was making an exception by switching me into the fUDP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    183
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I followed weskeene’s tips and was able to switch into this plan just now via chat. It will be effective next billing cycle as this was the only option the rep had on her end. She highlighted this is now a grandfathered plan and thus, was making an exception by switching me into the fUDP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What plan were you on before switching to the Fudp?

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM
  3. Is it still possible to get a NEW v60ci from Telus?
    By ggweci in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 11:49 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:56 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 06:23 AM

Bookmarks