Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Iím staying with VZW.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Why Iím staying with VZW.

Was trying TMobile service out and this is why Iím not switching to T-Mobile.... speeds in same location.

Ive noticed this is multiple places around my area. So much for ďfaster speedsĒ.

Name:  6B5E18B0-5383-412E-A13B-A9D8D671C603.png
Views: 985
Size:  699.9 KB

Name:  E39D688D-EDDE-464B-AD6D-C0DF1DB7D531.png
Views: 986
Size:  668.3 KB
    iPhone X - Verizon gdup unl.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is that how your message ended up getting so disjointed looking? Data keeps getting cutoff?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Your graphs illustrate exactly why I don't use T-Mobile and stick with Verizon. Root claims highest speeds to be from T-Mobile in my market for 2H17 but the reality is T-Mobile is readily 230 Mbps in one tiny spot then 2-20 Mbps everywhere else. Verizon meanwhile consistently is anywhere between 20-80 Mbps almost everywhere with 80-200+ in lots of spots.

I think the best evidence of that in this report is that T-Mobile is 3rd place overall, last place for reliability (albeit a 3 way tie with AT&T and Sprint) and then last place for calls & text.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/roo...ago-il/2017/2H

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Your graphs illustrate exactly why I don't use T-Mobile and stick with Verizon. Root claims highest speeds to be from T-Mobile in my market for 2H17 but the reality is T-Mobile is readily 230 Mbps in one tiny spot then 2-20 Mbps everywhere else. Verizon meanwhile consistently is anywhere between 20-80 Mbps almost everywhere with 80-200+ in lots of spots.

I think the best evidence of that in this report is that T-Mobile is 3rd place overall, last place for reliability (albeit a 3 way tie with AT&T and Sprint) and then last place for calls & text.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/roo...ago-il/2017/2H
    I can say the same about RootMetrics. They list T-Mobile as having best network in Oklahoma City, when AT&T actually does. Not really the most accurate report.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would stay with Verizon if they weren't so temperamental in the building I work. Verizon maps show it to be a good location, but not in the middle of the building. Works fine, then not so much. Then 3G. Seems to have got worse since unlimited was offered. Maybe some carrier update is not too friendly for me. Otherwise, it has been the best coverage for me.

In that building, T-Mobile on my iPad is more consistently fast, and T-Mobile's site doesn't show good coverage there. A few blocks away, when I had T-Mobile on the phone, it would drop under the overpass.

For emergency coverage use, I'm going to carry an inexpensive limited plan on a Verizon MVNO, then ATT for primary.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is dropped call central.
    Carrier History:
    AT&T 12/2017 - Present
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Because every one of our own experiences are anecdotal it's hard to quantify or qualify a relative term as faster or better.

Case in point: I have a client who switched to Boost Mobile from Sprint and swears Boost has better call quality and faster internet speeds. I just smile and agree.
    ďThe Internet wasnít meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so itís insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead ó itís a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.Ē John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Because every one of our own experiences are anecdotal it's hard to quantify or qualify a relative term as faster or better.

Case in point: I have a client who switched to Boost Mobile from Sprint and swears Boost has better call quality and faster internet speeds. I just smile and agree.
    Virgin Mobile is way faster. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    This post is hilarious. You still receive video at capped at 1.5mbit on both carriers, but you pay Verizon way more for the privilege. You're literally bragging about paying more for the same service. Plus you spent $1K on an iPhone X that doesn't even support 4x4MIMO, LAA, or Gigabit LTE. This is some advanced sh**posting. That's why more people are leaving Verizon to go to TMobile, than the other way.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    This post is hilarious. You still receive video at capped at 1.5mbit on both carriers, but you pay Verizon way more for the privilege. You're literally bragging about paying more for the same service. Plus you spent $1K on an iPhone X that doesn't even support 4x4MIMO, LAA, or Gigabit LTE. This is some advanced sh**posting. That's why more people are leaving Verizon to go to TMobile, than the other way.
    It's 3.8mbps on the video for everyone except Go Unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaholic View Post
    Was trying TMobile service out and this is why I’m not switching to T-Mobile.... speeds in same location.

Ive noticed this is multiple places around my area. So much for “faster speeds”.

Name:  6B5E18B0-5383-412E-A13B-A9D8D671C603.png
Views: 985
Size:  699.9 KB

Name:  E39D688D-EDDE-464B-AD6D-C0DF1DB7D531.png
Views: 986
Size:  668.3 KB
    in your area. different areas a different results.. i carry two phone's one verizon iphone x and a t-mobile iphone 7 plus and most of time tmobile out preforms verizon. i live in nyc..

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    in your area. different areas a different results.. i carry two phone's one verizon iphone x and a t-mobile iphone 7 plus and most of time tmobile out preforms verizon. i live in nyc..
    I see more complaints from t-mobile in NYC than Verizon. Have you tried a different phone on Verizon?

Feedback Score

Why Iím staying with VZW.

Verizon is unquestionability faster than T-Mobile in NYC. Just look at any report. Open Signal, PCMag, Speedtest.net, Rootmetric etc. Also I have used the same 7 Plus on both TMO and VZ, while also having a Speedtest map of 8500 results that disagrees with your statement.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried to make the switch to T-Mobile as well and I just couldnít do it. In my area they lack good signals indoors in large buildings and thatís a dealbreaker for me as they donít work in my office but Verizon works very well. But honestly t-Mobile is a good alternative if you donít need the coverage in more rural areas. Iím OK with paying more for Verizon if it means getting more signal in more places that I go to frequently and I travel a lot for work. In the Pittsburgh area itís very rare to see less than 3 bars anywhere with Verizon but since they are so popular I do have some congestion issues at times which I really didnít see with T-Mobile but Verizon was still pretty constantly faster.

Feedback Score
    Well he clearly says in his post it's what he notices in his area that made him switch. Why would he care what speeds are in your area and why would that influence his choice any? In my area it was 85 degrees today, does that mean you should buy some shorts and tank tops to wear? Of course not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast