Thread: 5 lines, unlimited data, suggest the plan?

Feedback Score

5 lines, unlimited data, suggest the plan?

What is the best deal at the moment for a family of 5 that needs unlimited data?

Feedback Score
    Verizon Prepaid is $380 for 5 unlimited lines: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/

Personally I think that for 95% of families, "unlimited" is too much. My family of 4 doesn't even scratch the 25GB plan that we have in common.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    What is the best deal at the moment for a family of 5 that needs unlimited data?
    How much do you want to spend, phones?

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge, Moto E4/E2/G/G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I don't know about 5, but MetroPCS has 4 for $100, also a choice of 4 free phones when porting in your numbers (provided they aren't already with T-Mobile or one of their MVNOs).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Verizon Prepaid is $380 for 5 unlimited lines: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/
    Seriously? That's more than my 7 AT&T postpaid lines which is $298. Each additional line is $24.56 with a 10 line max.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    Sprint BYOP for free: https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...nity:1yearfree

MetroPCS: 5 lines/$125. Free phone per line successfully ported. If you choose the Samsung Galaxy Prime J7, you also get a free year of Amazon Prime included, which supposedly is stackable (netting you 5 years of free Amazon Prime).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Seriously? That's more than my 7 AT&T postpaid lines which is $298. Each additional line is $24.56 with a 10 line max.
    The unlimited prepaid plans on AT&T are &60 each, adding 5 lines with discount (as OP wants) makes the family plan $250. True, the more lines you add the better, with smaller family, it isn't that much cheaper. And definitely not cheaper than TotalWireless.

It depends what coverage the OP is happy with, and if he can live with the gaps features (like no VoLTE for AT&T prepaid AFAIK).

I already said, to me "unlimited data" is just a marketing gimmick, nobody really needs that much data (22GB per line) on their cellphone. For home video streaming use the cellphone is not enough, you need anyway a landline based internet connection with hundreds of GB monthly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    The unlimited prepaid plans on AT&T are &60 each, adding 5 lines with discount (as OP wants) makes the family plan $250. True, the more lines you add the better, with smaller family, it isn't that much cheaper. And definitely not cheaper than TotalWireless.

It depends what coverage the OP is happy with, and if he can live with the gaps features (like no VoLTE for AT&T prepaid AFAIK).

I already said, to me "unlimited data" is just a marketing gimmick, nobody really needs that much data (22GB per line) on their cellphone. For home video streaming use the cellphone is not enough, you need anyway a landline based internet connection with hundreds of GB monthly.
    For most people, unlimited is not necessary. We have 1 line that uses more than 100 GB and 2 lines that use more than 25 GB. 2 plan members travel for work so the extra data, NA roam and hotspot are good features to have available.

Feedback Score
    Then again, you want to look on the coverage if you travel so much.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p,iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

5 lines, unlimited data, suggest the plan?

If you can live with 3Mbps (1.5 for video), Cricket Unlimited 2 would be $155 for five lines with the current promotional pricing. taxes included ($80 for two lines and $25 per line after that)

That isn’t the cheapest, but it gets you at&t native coverage and VoLTE if you have or buy compatible phones.

It certainly works to stream Amazon, Netflix, Hulu at SD quality.

It’s hard to talk about the “best deal” in the abstract. Where do you live and travel? what do you intend to use your phones for? do you intend to buy phones from the carrier?
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    If Native Sprint coverage works for you, Boost Mobile has 5 lines with unlimited data for 100.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk