Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honor 6X and ZTE V8 (Tethering?)

Feedback Score

Honor 6X and ZTE V8 (Tethering?)

Is anyone here using a Honor 6X or ZTE V8 on Cricket? Just wondering if either of them tether out of the box.

Feedback Score
    My ZTE Blade V8 Pro tethers out of the box.

My ZTE Axon 7 Mini does NOT tether after it was upgraded to nougat.

Good deal going on right now for the Blade V8 Pro at Best Buy right now.

Feedback Score
    Honor 5x did not tether on Cricket...so doubt Honor 6x will.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll pass on the 6X and maybe pick up a V8 or the Metro Blade.

Feedback Score
    If you bought an unlocked phone, it should tether without a subscription check with the carrier (Cricket). But, my daughter's Honor 8 would not tether until I added the following to the APN type:

,dun

It appears as if Cricket omit's this when they provision the Access Point on your phone. Adding the "dun" fixed tethering for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by f2racer View Post
    If you bought an unlocked phone, it should tether without a subscription check with the carrier (Cricket). But, my daughter's Honor 8 would not tether until I added the following to the APN type:

,dun

It appears as if Cricket omit's this when they provision the Access Point on your phone. Adding the "dun" fixed tethering for me.
    Just being unlocked does not mean tethering will work on Cricket. I have factory unlocked Moto 4G Plus and 5G Plus. They don't tether on Cricket. It has to do with how the build.prop is set up. Unfortunately you can't change it without root.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    I have rooted several phones specifically to edit the build.prop file to allow tethering. I just bought a brand new Sony Xperia X Compact running 7.1.1 and it tethers right out of the box. Basically shop around, it is rediculous to pay for this.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    My Honor 6x does tether on the stock firmware.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiceover View Post
    Really? That's good to know. My BLU phones and ZTE phones will tether, but my Honor 5x, Moto G4 Plus, and Moto Z Play will not tether.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    I have rooted several phones specifically to edit the build.prop file to allow tethering. I just bought a brand new Sony Xperia X Compact running 7.1.1 and it tethers right out of the box. Basically shop around, it is rediculous to pay for this.
    I looked into rooting my Moto devices but it would void the warranty, and make the phone less secure, so I decided against rooting them.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I looked into rooting my Moto devices but it would void the warranty, and make the phone less secure, so I decided against rooting them.
    I'v never had a security issue with a rooted phone, yet & I don't normally buy new phones. It is nice to be able to use ad blockers too. I got the Sony phone on clearance because I was having battery issues with my Nexus 6p. The Xperia does exactly what I want it to do so I haven't rooted it and probably won't until the ads get out of hand. It's the first new phone I have bought in a while and I don't want to void the warranty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiceover View Post
    Thanks for posting! Gonna see if any of the sub $150.00 deals are still going on the 6X.

Feedback Score
    I got Honor 6x for $100 from Best Buy with Cricket SIM and $60 refill card bundle deal (3 item total is less than $160, plus taxes). It is still on-going.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    I got Honor 6x for $100 from Best Buy with Cricket SIM and $60 refill card bundle deal (3 item total is less than $160, plus taxes). It is still on-going.
    Does it tether out of the box?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Restock fee for return??

And how about a definite answer to topic question, from owners of this "exact phone"?

Thanks.
    Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast