Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: $.99 FreedomPop LTE SIM

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,027
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    $.99 FreedomPop LTE SIM

    Just wanted to let everyone know that FreedomPop LTE SIM cards are $.99 at Target right now. Just picked one up and it appears this SIM piggybacks on the AT&T LTE network.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    667
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0

    $.99 FreedomPop LTE SIM

    I didn't know they were available anywhere else other than their website. Thanks for the info.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,088
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does it come activated?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,838
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by prof68 View Post
    I didn't know they were available anywhere else other than their website. Thanks for the info.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also available at Best Buy online and in store for 99˘.
    I don't know if they are already activated.

    Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,824
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that FreedomPop LTE SIM cards are $.99 at Target right now. Just picked one up and it appears this SIM piggybacks on the AT&T LTE network.
    How do you tell what it is piggybacking on? Where do you look?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,664
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    How do you tell what it is piggybacking on? Where do you look?
    Every phone I've put a FP LTE SIM in shows AT&T as the carrier on the phone screen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    Freedompop should sell top up cards wherever they have a retail presence, having to use an actual credit card to even start service seems complete opposite of who they're trying to attract, If I were running low on data and could snag a top up card for $5-10 at Target/Walmart, I would. Perhaps they'll loosen the restrictions.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    There are no other prepaid providers that require you to be fully banked, especially when all cards and refills around you are activated as soon as you check out, hope FP survives but they need to be more user friendly especially at brick and mortar channels.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,525
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that FreedomPop LTE SIM cards are $.99 at Target right now. Just picked one up and it appears this SIM piggybacks on the AT&T LTE network.
    It will cost a $10 usable, but non-refundable deposit from a credit card to make the plan completely free of monthly charges.

    The FP LTE service uses AT&T as the carrier. You can use it in AT&T and AT&T Prepaid phones without unlocking them. Unlocked T-Mobile with the correct bands will work too.

    Call and text are not cell service. They are VOIP for voice and through their app for text. VOIP and their text app will work over Wifi as well. VOIP for calls is no where near as reliable as real cell service.

    FP is a nifty novelty service for voice and text. The mobile data service is about as good as any AT&T MVNO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,973
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    Does it come activated?
    SIMs sold at retail are NOT activated.

    On say, ebay, some SIMs are activated and have the "FreedomPop Friends" already added.
    And some are not activated.
    Read listings carefully.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    SIMs sold at retail are NOT activated.

    On say, ebay, some SIMs are activated and have the "FreedomPop Friends" already added.
    And some are not activated.
    Read listings carefully.
    The ones purchased on eBay were sent directly from FreedomPop, the sellers get the email address to add friends data and forward your info to fp I assume. I paid for the convience of having added friends and my main reason, none of my billing info to fp but you have to anyways if you want to continue after 30 days, i went for the "bonus" sims on eBay that I now assume were on some kind of 30 day trial with 2.5-4 gigs the first 30 days.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,088
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    SIMs sold at retail are NOT activated.

    On say, ebay, some SIMs are activated and have the "FreedomPop Friends" already added.
    And some are not activated.
    Read listings carefully.
    So one would need to give FreedomPop a credit card before use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    So one would need to give FreedomPop a credit card before use.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't know how else you'd do it, and yes FreedomPop rejects Visa prepaid cards, MasterCard too in my experience, they know right away age warn "no prepaid cards of any kind".

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,973
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    So one would need to give FreedomPop a credit card before use.
    Yes. That is the 'program'.

    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    I don't know how else you'd do it, and yes FreedomPop rejects Visa prepaid cards, MasterCard too in my experience, they know right away age warn "no prepaid cards of any kind".
    I believe that with both Visa and MasterCard the first four numbers of the card are different between credit and prepay. Very easily recognizable.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,973
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles I think that in their scheme of things, top up cards are really not needed or wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Freedompop should sell top up cards wherever they have a retail presence, having to use an actual credit card to even start service seems complete opposite of who they're trying to attract, If I were running low on data and could snag a top up card for $5-10 at Target/Walmart, I would. Perhaps they'll loosen the restrictions.
    I think that in their scheme of things, top up cards are really not needed or wanted.
    What they want is for people to upgrade. And having a credit card on file
    facilitates that. Though not nearly as often as they imagine.
    And way to costly to provide. They keep whatever money they get to themselves.
    And they are willing to charge people one cent to keep it that way.
    I think the people they are trying to attract have credit cards.

    And their retail presence is minimal. Just a few select chains.
    Best Buy is the only national big box electronics chain around.
    Can they survive the internet??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suggested Device for use with FreedomPop AT&T LTE SIM
    By brg in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 03-20-2017, 06:13 PM
  2. FreedomPop LTE SIM $1
    By e.mote in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 10:43 PM
  3. Is there a USB "Hotspot" for Freedompop/AT&T LTE SIM?
    By AndroAsc in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2017, 06:45 PM
  4. FreedomPop LTE Sim price now $1.99
    By nutN2Lewz in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-05-2017, 11:02 PM
  5. FreedomPop AT&T LTE SIM $5 free ship
    By e.mote in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Bookmarks