Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How are plan administrators handing plan changes?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

How are plan administrators handing plan changes?

Above. I've got a share member wanting to drop out and of course get his number back. I texted him (twice) in oct when the rumors appeared here, offering/warning if you want your number do it now, What to do? Economically for me it's cheaper just to keep his number, as we've always needing a spare line, and losing the gf discount will cost me $360/yr.

I've got a feeling this is going to be an issue for a lot of people.
    Last edited by plane; 11-28-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FP GSM
    Feedback Score
    It's his fault you gave him a heads up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Keeping his number would be the ultimate **** move. It’s ******* moves like that which will keep people from joining a group.

Feedback Score
    He was warned. Don't give it back if you gave him ample opportunity to leave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damus990 View Post
    He was warned. Don't give it back if you gave him ample opportunity to leave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using HoFo mobile app
    He was warned? Things change in people’s lives and while porting away last month may not have been an option perhaps something has changed for that person where they need to switch now. Holding their number hostage is an ******* move.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As a plan admin, I would notify all members that upon any plan change the price will be changing to the revised amount. If they don’t like it they can leave. $26 a month as a group is still cheaper than $35, but clearly it makes it less enticing.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Above. I've got a share member wanting to drop out and of course get his number back. I texted him (twice) in oct when the rumors appeared here, offering/warning if you want your number do it now, What to do? Economically for me it's cheaper just to keep his number, as we've always needing a spare line, and losing the gf discount will cost me $360/yr.
    In my group I had told everybody that such a change was coming. I asked them if they planned on staying for at least one year. If not, I asked them to leave right away. Nobody left. Now if somebody wants to leave we just have to accept that all will move to higher pricing. I had also asked them if their number was precious to them and it was. Nobody wants to lose their number just for a few bucks per month.

Fact is we have to accept new pricing. We will all move to it sooner or later. As long as we keep old pricing we are just lucky.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

How are plan administrators handing plan changes?

Since he was warned he should have to pay one year of increased cost to keep his number.

You might be able to play stupid and get a new line and ask Zendesk to reinstate grandfathered credit.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Since he was warned he should have to pay one year of increased cost to keep his number.

You might be able to play stupid and get a new line and ask Zendesk to reinstate grandfathered credit.
    For now, he's advised he's staying. More unhappy with being unable to change plan but happy with coverage. Customers other than on these forums just aren't aware. And I've been in contact with zen desk, numerous times without a definitive answer (strange), but I'm trying once more. Makes me wonder if they've made a decision to hold a hard line here. I don't know what else I could have done. I even sent the earliest copy of the changes which were published on the forum. It's a strange issue, but actually they're actually forcing
    Us to keep arguably, one of the better rate plans that actually had great coverage, at least for he and myself, which I'm happy to do. Odd.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post

I'd thought of that too, so what would that charge be. On that account, I've personally got 3 of the lines
    , 2 shared. If I let him leave, would cost me $360 year. I kept a grandfathered AT&T account for years and suppose I will this one too, one way or another.

Feedback Score
    If I was the person that wanted to leave the group and an attempt at extorting $ was made, I’d look into filing larceny charges with the police. Over $250 is generally considered to be a felony.

Wow. Thank God I never joined a group when I had Cricket. Pathetic.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    If I was the person that wanted to leave the group and an attempt at extorting $ was made, I’d look into filing larceny charges with the police. Over $250 is generally considered to be a felony.

Wow. Thank God I never joined a group when I had Cricket. Pathetic.
    You're exaggerating. This is simple example of passing on a legitimate price increase. in this example I'm just continuing to do what we agreed to do. But even if that weren't true,There was no contract and fair warning was given. Where exactly would you file this complaint and wouldn't you feel stupid trying you do so. This is similar to a renter/rentee relationship without a written lease. The renter can do virtually anything, precluding limited regulation in certain areas. But you're right,a great example of not being in such a group and to use something like google voice.

Feedback Score
    You're exaggerating. This is simple example of passing on a legitimate price increase. in this example I'm just continuing to do what we agreed to do. But even if that weren't true,There was no contract and fair warning was given. Where exactly would you file this complaint and wouldn't you feel stupid trying you do so. This is similar to a renter/rentee relationship without a written lease. The renter can do virtually anything, precluding limited regulation in certain areas. But you're right,a great example of not being in such a group and to use something like google voice.
    I’m exaggerating? Feel stupid? You’re talking about enforcing a non existent contract for non contract cellular service.

You’ve been crying online for going on two months since 12thman first posted about potential plan changes and price increases.

If you were going to attempt to hold my number hostage, you’re GD right I’d look into filing charges against you.
    Last edited by bakedapple; 11-28-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    I’m eggagerating? Feel stupid? You’re talking about enforcing a non existent contract for non contract cellular service.

You’ve been crying online for going on two months since 12thman first posted about potential plan changes and price increases.

If you were going to attempt to hold my number hostage, you’re GD right I’d look into filing charges against you.
    There is no contract. There however was an offer was declined. And In either case, this would be a civil case not criminal.
    Last edited by plane; 11-28-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Feedback Score
    There is no contact.
    What’s a contact?

If you’re trying to say “contract”, you and the other Cricket maniacs are talking about unilaterally, defacto imposing one via extorting $ out of someone to release their number.

Looks like an illegal attempt to enact an ETF.

Again, if Cricket/AT&T reads this forum, they must laugh their @sses off and think “We have some truly sick subscribers.”.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast