Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cricket announced 4 lines for $100 unlimited data

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Cricket announced 4 lines for $100 unlimited data

News Release Issued: November 30, 2017 (9:00am EST)

Get that Festive Family Feeling with 4 Lines of Unlimited Data for $100/Month from Cricket Wireless

ATLANTA, Nov. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday festivities continue at Cricket Wireless. Starting tomorrow, December 1, get that holiday vibe for your tribe with 4 Cricket Unlimited 2 smartphone lines with unlimited high-speed data access, talk and text for just $100/month*.

With Cricket Unlimited 2, you can enjoy all your entertainment, like streaming music and video, (video streaming at SD quality) and surfing the web. No need to worry about data overage charges when downloading apps, games or songs, posting photos and videos to your social channels, and sending/receiving emails (data speeds at max 3Mbps).

Our Cricket Unlimited 2 plan also includes unlimited texts from the U.S. to 38 countries, as well as data access and unlimited calling, text and messaging to and from, and in and between, the U.S., Mexico and Canada.**

*4 lines for $100/mo.: Limited Time Offer. $55/mo. Unlimited 2 plan required on four lines. Not elig. for Auto Pay credit or Group Save discount. For existing customers who change plans, discount may not start until next billing cycle. After 22GB/line/mo., you may experience slower speeds than other Cricket customers during network congestion.
    Last edited by blacksurfer; 11-30-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

So yes that 5th line is $25 more. 5 lines for $125. The discount on the 3rd and 4th line is to match MetroPCS four lines unlimited plan.

I’ll have to bite since we will need Mexico / Canada calling. Also I have $1.17 per month PureVPN which will bypass 1.5mb video restriction so my dtvnow should work.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1512052997.026081.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  89.9 KB
    Last edited by blacksurfer; 11-30-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Let us know whether the VPN help ? I m curious that myself...

Feedback Score
    TFW you can't decide if 3mbit or 8mbit qualifies as high-speed internet. This race to the bottom is just sad when other competitors are removing limitations. Poor ol' Cricket is doing its best!

Feedback Score
    That actually does bring up a legitimate question... Is AT&T experiencing significant network capacity issues? It seems that there's a lot of moves to reduce Cricket's usage of it... Maybe to free up limited space for "real" AT&T users?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Let us know whether the VPN help ? I m curious that myself...
    I'll report back tomorrow. It should though since video will stream at 3mb and not the 1.5mb.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    TFW you can't decide if 3mbit or 8mbit qualifies as high-speed internet. This race to the bottom is just sad when other competitors are removing limitations. Poor ol' Cricket is doing its best!
    You got a temporary ban recently, trying to test the moderators again?

Keep on trollin' the Cricket forums. LOL

Feedback Score
    Botched up rollout of price increase and faulty communication and poor promos caught up with Cricket real fast ...it should be evident from the non-event black friday and cyber week deals .

Meanwhile, https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-to-deliver-q4

Braxton Carter earlier this month said T-Mobile is making big subscriber gains in the fourth quarter. “So far in the fourth quarter our porting rations are up significantly,” Carter said. “We ended the third quarter at a porting ratio of 1.53; we’re now 1.73 on porting ratios to date this quarter. And our porting ratios are up against every carrier, and fairly significantly. That’s pretty good movement just being roughly halfway through the fourth quarter versus what we saw in the third quarter. So the thesis is playing out.”

Cricket gonna have to do better than 3 MB/s unlimited. It is understood that they want to give 4 lines for $100 and not 5. But what are they truly offering for it? This is not cutting it.
    Sign up each new ported-in line (within the last 30 days) for Cricket Rewards with http://getm.pt/mrw4vo?STEVENP-0FCEE2

and receive $25 in account credit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    Botched up rollout of price increase and faulty communication and poor promos caught up with Cricket real fast ...it should be evident from the non-event black friday and cyber week deals .

Meanwhile, https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-to-deliver-q4

Braxton Carter earlier this month said T-Mobile is making big subscriber gains in the fourth quarter. “So far in the fourth quarter our porting rations are up significantly,” Carter said. “We ended the third quarter at a porting ratio of 1.53; we’re now 1.73 on porting ratios to date this quarter. And our porting ratios are up against every carrier, and fairly significantly. That’s pretty good movement just being roughly halfway through the fourth quarter versus what we saw in the third quarter. So the thesis is playing out.”

Cricket gonna have to do better than 3 MB/s unlimited. It is understood that they want to give 4 lines for $100 and not 5. But what are they truly offering for it? This is not cutting it.
    Competition is great, love what Metro / Boost is doing to put some heat on AT&T. But it's good to have options and this is a nice options for those who don't care about the 3mbps (I don't like it personally though).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Curious, what other carriers are "removing restrictions" exactly? The important number isn't 3. 3mbps or 30 Mbps you can surf the web open Facebook do anything like that just fine. The important number is 1.5 Mbps streaming speeds. This is the exact same speeds metro pcs and T-Mobile stream at. So again, what carrier removes restrictions? If you have a carrier that offers a totally unlimited plan with zero restrictions feel free to let everyone know about it, I'm sure many would love to join.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phroberts View Post
    That actually does bring up a legitimate question... Is AT&T experiencing significant network capacity issues? It seems that there's a lot of moves to reduce Cricket's usage of it... Maybe to free up limited space for "real" AT&T users?
    In my experience yes, that it at &t had horrible network management .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    In my experience yes, that it at &t had horrible network management .
    I'm not sure about that, as att postpaid also has a 3mbps unlimited plan. I think they just feel their unthrottled plans are worth a lot more than 50-60 a month. Or 4 for 100.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    I'm not sure about that, as att postpaid also has a 3mbps unlimited plan. I think they just feel their unthrottled plans are worth a lot more than 50-60 a month. Or 4 for 100.
    That and the name. I’ve ran into co-workers and friends that have AT&T and would not even think about trying out cricket cause it doesn’t say “AT&T” on their phones upper left corner.

Some people will only use “AT&T” or one of the big names. Not sure if it’s pride or that they rather waste money. *Shrugs*

Cause I’m sure half, if not most, wouldn’t notice the difference between cricket and post paid AT$T so long as they were in the same native coverage. Exceptions would be posts paid roaming of course.

In fact, I ran into someone that has the $60 unlimited 3mbps deal. After I told him about cricket, he was more than happy to say that it isn’t att lol. It’s like he felt betrayed or something. This deal would be awesome for someone like him... and not like he could leave anyhow with us “loaner” phone that he pays for.

Feedback Score
    I've bandwidth limited my phone via my home router to 1500kbps and confirmed with a speedtest that it's in effect. So far I've streamed Youtube, watchESPN, go90 and Fox Sports Go with no issues... totally watchable, some almost at 720p level. Unless you are casting to an HDTV on LTE regularly, I don't see how this is not usable. Even web browsing and Facebook are smooth and quick... at 1.5Mbps, not to mention those would be 3Mbps. I wonder how DTVNow and others are so much different that people find it unusable? If my testing holds up, we're going from 4x5GB + 1x8GB=$110/mo to 5x unlimited for only $125/mo.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    That and the name. I’ve ran into co-workers and friends that have AT&T and would not even think about trying out cricket cause it doesn’t say “AT&T” on their phones upper left corner.

Some people will only use “AT&T” or one of the big names. Not sure if it’s pride or that they rather waste money. *Shrugs*

Cause I’m sure half, if not most, wouldn’t notice the difference between cricket and post paid AT$T so long as they were in the same native coverage. Exceptions would be posts paid roaming of course.

In fact, I ran into someone that has the $60 unlimited 3mbps deal. After I told him about cricket, he was more than happy to say that it isn’t att lol. It’s like he felt betrayed or something. This deal would be awesome for someone like him... and not like he could leave anyhow with us “loaner” phone that he pays for.
    To quote Ronald Reagan,et al, there is nothing more dangerous than someone who thinks they know something, when they really don't. And beside, we need to keep and thank those folks who use AT&T and subsidize cricket.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast