Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Cricket announced 4 lines for $100 unlimited data

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Question: I'm on the Unlimited 2 individual plan($50/55/mo). Can I still somehow join a group Unlimited 2 plan, or no.

Thanks.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I don't understand your question? Are you grandfather in on unl 2?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I love how pumped people are about getting mediocre 3mbit service, its really sad. Then you all complain about your crappy capped ISPs at home and wonder why there isn't any competition. This is why it happens, you gleefully mediocre service and pay full price! Truly sad times.

Don't forget, you funded anti-net neutrality lobbying being an AT&T customer. Good job guys!
    I switched because we had 5 lines on the 5 GB plan and after 5 GB's you were capped at 128 kbps max download. Now we have until 22GB's before we could see network congestion. Win/win for us and 3 mbps is plenty fast enough for surfing and videos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burton31cat View Post
    I switched because we had 5 lines on the 5 GB plan and after 5 GB's you were capped at 128 kbps max download. Now we have until 22GB's before we could see network congestion. Win/win for us and 3 mbps is plenty fast enough for surfing and videos.
    The max speed of streaming is 1.5 Mbps although you could "restore" it to 3 Mbps via VPN.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I love how pumped people are about getting mediocre 3mbit service, its really sad. Then you all complain about your crappy capped ISPs at home and wonder why there isn't any competition. This is why it happens, you gleefully mediocre service and pay full price! Truly sad times.

Don't forget, you funded anti-net neutrality lobbying being an AT&T customer. Good job guys!
    Way to put your ignorance on public display!

Actually the way I see it, is that on the 5/$100 Plan I had 5 Lines at 5 GB each for a total of 25 GB max. With the 4/$100, I have an unlimited number of GBs. Right now I have 1 line that is at 50 GB, so I got at least 2x the GBs for the same price!

That’s a helluva deal. Really doesn’t matter how fast the GBs come in, as long as they come in fast enough and so far they do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Question: I'm on the Unlimited 2 individual plan($50/55/mo). Can I still somehow join a group Unlimited 2 plan, or no.

Thanks.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
    You can still join a group as long as there is a spot available.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    METROPCS ended their 4 lines for $100. You can be sure Cricket will follow. If you want this plan jump on it now!
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    METROPCS ended their 4 lines for $100. You can be sure Cricket will follow. If you want this plan jump on it now!
    I don't think they will. Sprint is still offering 5/100 unlimited right?

Feedback Score
    Cricket original plan was to end 4 lines for $100 promotion today 1/13. What a coincidence! Do marketing teams of Cricket and MetroPCS talk to each other? AT&T/Cricket will ignore or won't match any promotions from Sprint. Sprint still has 1 year free unlimited plan until the end of this month. Sprint has a fraudulent business model in order to boost postpaid accounts, AT&T will not do that. We will find out soon how long Cricket promotion will be extended.

Update: A little bird told me that Cricket will extend the 4 lines for $100 promotion for 3 more months. The new end date will be 04/12/2018.
    Last edited by zubrin; 01-13-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket announced 4 lines for $100 unlimited data

Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    He is using the almighty, do-no-evil Comcast/Xfinity mobile MVNO service, lol.
    It is sad to see someone using a service that only supports BYOD in a very limited way and charges extortionate rates (5 cents per MB, is about $50/GB) for data roaming in Mexico and Canada. $180 plus taxes for 4 lines of unlimited is so overpriced. Don't forget, Comcast customers funded anti-net neutrality lobbying just by being Comcast customers.

I am joking, of course. We each have our own use cases and optimize for those use cases. We buy what works for us. I also have Comcast Business for my home internet. Comcast is my only viable choice for Internet.

The roaming issue is actually significant for me. I'm about 100 miles from the border and enjoy travelling in British Columbia.
    Last edited by mch; 01-13-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I am joking, of course. We each have our own use cases and optimize for those use cases. We buy what works for us. I also have Comcast Business for my home internet. Comcast is my only viable choice for Internet.
    I'd love to give Xfinity Mobile a try on my spare iPhone SE, but I don't want to waste a credit check and hope Comcast doesn't find a way to mess up billing on a screw-around kind of service (firmly in a Cricket 4/$100 Unlimited 2 with family for my main phone/number). Right now I've only got home internet with them (either that or AT&T for much more $ and slower service) an billing seems to be correct, which doesn't always happen.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I'd love to give Xfinity Mobile a try on my spare iPhone SE, but I don't want to waste a credit check and hope Comcast doesn't find a way to mess up billing on a screw-around kind of service (firmly in a Cricket 4/$100 Unlimited 2 with family for my main phone/number). Right now I've only got home internet with them (either that or AT&T for much more $ and slower service) an billing seems to be correct, which doesn't always happen.
    Just do your research. Seems like on their website it states unlimited isn’t at full speeds after 20GB. Reduced up to 1.5 Mbps after 20GB of Data. But you do get Verizon Wireless coverage.

Code:
     Pricing & Other Info

Unlimited:

Restrictions apply.

Service not available in all areas. Requires a post-pay subscription to a residential XFINITY Internet service.

New XFINITY Internet customers are limited to up to two lines pending activation of Internet service. Devices associated with these lines are shipped to the Internet service address on file. After XFINITY Internet gets installed, customers may be eligible for more lines, up to a total of 5, pending an external credit check.

Equipment, taxes and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, surcharges, and other applicable charges extra, and subject to change.

$10 per line monthly charge applies if at least one of the following post-pay subscriptions are not maintained on the account: XFINITY TV, Internet or Voice service. Pricing subject to change. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed.

After 20 GB monthly data use, speeds reduced to a maximum of 1.5 Mbps download/750 Kbps upload.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    Just do your research. Seems like on their website it states unlimited isn’t at full speeds after 20GB. Reduced up to 1.5 Mbps after 20GB of Data. But you do get Verizon Wireless coverage.
    Oh, sorry for not being clear on my post - the Cricket lines wouldn't go anywhere (one family member lives in a weird Verizon dead spot) and we have a few months' worth of credit on the account. Basically if anything, I was considering throwing an Xfinity Mobile SIM in my SE (currently has a $3/month voice/text T-Mobile SIM and runs the iOS betas) and doing the pay-per-GB option since usage would be really low. I wasn't really worried about surprise charges from a usage standpoint (I read the fine print and have been sort of following the launch and ongoing progress out of curiosity)...it's more the lack of trust that out of all the various telecom companies I've used for both personal and work, Comcast has had more mistakes that have had to be straightened out.

Having seen it earlier, I think the "cap" bears repeating since it is a bit different from most unlimited plans and more like AT&T's Mobile Share Advantage plans.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Maybe answered in all the replies, but how many lines can one have with this plan. I read An indirect reference to max of nine lines.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Maybe answered in all the replies, but how many lines can one have with this plan. I read An indirect reference to max of nine lines.
    If I remember correctly, it's 9 lines max per account (canceled/ported out lines count, so a port out and back in would count as 2), and as many accounts as you want (just need different logins). You can get lines migrated to a new account if you hit the max. Basically, what many people find is sometimes splitting lines among multiple accounts saves money since discounts only apply to the first few lines (2-5) with Group Save or this 4/$100 (5/$125, too) Unlimited 2 promo.
    Last edited by ecs0013; 01-16-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast