Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cellnuvo - how does it work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Is Cellnuvo considered to be an MVNO? Do they even provide wireless service?
    That's a good point.

They may not provide cell service (anymore), but your only option to attempt to redeem your credit with them is for cell service.

I doubt redeeming for Amazon credits - yeah that Amazon, or "paying any bill" will come true.

Feedback Score
    My inbox...

Thank you so much for using CellNUVO, unfortunately because some users have engaged in behavior that is abusive, we have had to instill a temporary new rule to protect our customers, as such customers can top up once a month for a total of $50. This is only temporary, and will be updated mid January.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatIneeded View Post
    My inbox...

Thank you so much for using CellNUVO, unfortunately because some users have engaged in behavior that is abusive, we have had to instill a temporary new rule to protect our customers, as such customers can top up once a month for a total of $50. This is only temporary, and will be updated mid January.
    Thank you.
    Translation: You cannot cash in your precious gold all in one swoop (because we can't afford that). As they say, you will not take the "gold" and run.

Feedback Score
    After promising redemptions for high end phones, Amazon credit, "any bill", "any phone and plan", it is interesting that cellnuvo push back like this when people begin to redeem their gold for whatever they can.

It is pretty clear what is going on. Cellnuvo simply do not want to pay out on their customers gold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatIneeded View Post
    My inbox...

Thank you.
    This makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    After promising redemptions for high end phones, Amazon credit, "any bill", "any phone and plan", it is interesting that cellnuvo push back like this when people begin to redeem their gold for whatever they can.

It is pretty clear what is going on. Cellnuvo simply do not want to pay out on their customers gold.
    Let's look at what the email is actually saying and what is not being said:

1. Some users have engaged in abusive behavior. "Some users?" Why not impose the restrictions on those users only? What is the nature of this supposed "abuse?"
    2. This action was taken to "protect our customers." Who are these customers needing such protection? Protect them from what?
    3. Why is this a "temporary" restriction? How does a "temporary" restriction eliminate the "abuse?" What's to prevent the "abuse" from continuing after the temporary restriction ends?
    4. What is expected to occur in January, that'll change how the "abuse" is viewed and/or handled?

So many unanswered questions.

Feedback Score
    This makes no sense to me.

Let's look at what the email is actually saying and what is not being said:

1. Some users have engaged in abusive behavior. "Some users?" Why not impose the restrictions on those users only? What is the nature of this supposed "abuse?"
    2. This action was taken to "protect our customers." Who are these customers needing such protection? Protect them from what?
    3. Why is this a "temporary" restriction? How does a "temporary" restriction eliminate the "abuse?" What's to prevent the "abuse" from continuing after the temporary restriction ends?
    4. What is expected to occur in January, that'll change how the "abuse" is viewed and/or handled?

So many unanswered questions.
    Yes. As usual, what cellnuvo say falls apart with just a little questioning.

1. Cellnuvo characterizing users redeeming gold as "abuse" really tells you what they think of the customers who have swiped revenue for them and are now trying to redeem their earnings through the avenues cellnuvo has given them. Bear in mind, cellnuvo promised redemptions for high end phones throughout 2017 and that Amazon redemptions would be available in December 2017.

Clearly, even their biggest supporters have lost faith in them and are trying to cash out their gold any way they can and as quickly as they can including over paying their Sprint 1 year free accounts, stacking Red Pocket $10 a month plans, paying other people's accounts.

As soon as that happened, apparently unexpectedly to cellnuvo, cellnuvo pulled the plug, calling it abuse.

Weirdly enough, cellnuvo's biggest supporters are surprised about this. It's as if they really believed that their gold is their gold.

2. The use of the word "protection" is very telling. Just think of who else uses such a phrase when they impose a restriction. I'm sure the only protection going on here is to the owner's bank account.

3. & 4. I sense that this was a knee jerk reaction to all the redemptions taking place and is not temporary. If an update to the new rule is announced in mid January, it will be either slightly modified or worse.

Most likely they will restrict you to redeeming for only 1 line / account and keep the once a month policy.

It is even possible that they will make a distinction between "old gold" and "new gold" earned from Jan 1 and that redemption of "old gold" will be more restricted. This will be because they need people swiping again. Those with "old gold" are not swiping, only redeeming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jb82 View Post
    Here are 15+. Enjoy.

MicrotonalBanana: Success with Red Pocket 10 gold top up... Things seem to be improving.

Fraiser1: I was able to refill my Red Pocket phone for the second time in 2 days.

catch1147: Just had my first request through the app go through.

min68: My 6th refill just done within 1 hour

KentE: A success for me, too ... It's now on Essentials, with a 1/25/2018 expiration date

Fraiser1: To my great surprise today a gor an email from CN that said they refilled my account Dec 25

FoolsGold: Success on another line

ceka: ...second Cellnuvo app top-ups going through without a problem within 24 hours

NotMeAgain: Did a top up on the dec 19th via cn app. 10 gold was deducted on dec 20th... Talked to RP support, they confirm payment was a success on the dec 20th.

112059: Happy days are here again. I have finally been able to redeem some of my CN Gold for a Sprint payment... in less than 24 hours Sprint alerted me to the payment... I did not get customer support involved

FoolsGold: Success, first 10 gold Red Pocket payment and changed to $10 30-day 500/500/500 plan. Less then 24 hrs... Didn't do anything more then CN in app purchase.

akaLTD: SUCCESS!!!!

Mark: Success finally

mmfacemm: 30 gold sprint payment processed successfully today.

min68: I bought 10 gold yesterday to redpocket , now it works with 500/500/500 as per my redpocket account , expire date 1/5/2018

PEW: This is great, combined with the Sprint 1 year free... about $30-45 gold for 12 mo of svc!

canon: Payment Successful: ~2017-12-04T14:10:00

Isamorph: Anyways, today $5 dollars or 5 gold were deducted from my account

NotMeAgain: Thank you very much cellnuvo. I hope u guys get your top up working too. ( Account Plan: Essential Status: Active )

mmfacemm: Just went through 4pm 1 Dec. $6 added to my sprint post paid account balance! ...another two redpocket $10 top ups confirmed for me.

woo_24: I've been successfully on the CDMA $5 PayGo plan since the change. I tried 10-Gold Pay RedPocket Bill option... I've been successfully changed to the $10 Essentials Plan ... So I guess it worked for me

https://www.nthcircle.com/forum/cell...e?limitstart=0

To be clear it isn't all rosy but the other poster wants to pick and choose the negative so here are some of the positive.
    Would some of these "positive" transactions be considered "abuse" after the restriction? Seems a few of these transactions are no longer allowed.

Feedback Score
    this company sounds like a worse version of R+

Feedback Score
    What are the thoughts of an actual customer who was successful at redeeming all of their gold?
    Those who were able to cash out fully dodged the proverbial bullet. They should consider themselves lucky.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    this company sounds like a worse version of R+

By leaps and bounds, my friend. Leaps and bounds. Thing is, they're not even a service provider.

Feedback Score
    Would some of these "positive" transactions be considered "abuse" after the restriction? Seems a few of these transactions are no longer allowed.
    It could well be that the post itself, containing instances of "stacking" and multiple redemptions to Sprint, turned out to be a valuable piece of information for cellnuvo to understand what was going on to cause an unexpected outflow of cash.

Feedback Score
    It is even possible that they will make a distinction between "old gold" and "new gold" earned from Jan 1 and that redemption of "old gold" will be more restricted. This will be because they need people swiping again. Those with "old gold" are not swiping, only redeeming.
    You might be right about that old/new gold thing. There's nothing about this new restriction on the website, so new users wouldn't be expected to know about it.

Feedback Score
    This is all so sad. I wouldn't be surprised if you are all behind the anti-cellnuvo blog Obsession gone wrong. What you all do with your free time wow... and you say cellnuvo customers have problems!

Are any of you even cellnuvo customers ... probably not. Or you have little gold to even care about a restriction.

50 gold is $50 a month - can't complain too much about that. $50 provides plenty of service. Earning 50 gold in a month is a LOT of work so new customers aren't going to be much affected. Most people I know are on a $10 redpocket plan.

Feedback Score
    Those who were able to cash out fully dodged the proverbial bullet. They should consider themselves lucky.
    It is quotes like this that make what cellnuvo have done seem justifiable. You are helping them here. There was one guy bragging about how he got all his gold out and was actively encouraging others to do the same. There are those out there who just want to milk it and run. That cellnuvo wants to look out for the real customers is a good thing. There are those who are having trouble getting their 10 gold plan renewed. I would rather cellnuvo sort them out first rather than those who want to ditch cellnuvo. It is perfectly understandable to restrict redemptions and doesn't mean there are problems necessarily. It just means it takes longer to get gold out so you have to commit - fair enough. There are those that think limiting minutes on an "unlimited minute" plan is okay and others that think it is criminal.

Yes there are things I don't like about it. The lack of a system wide announcement - though they have told those few involved by email or a support ticket about it. Limiting to one payment a month so people with 2 accounts to pay can't do that. But at the end of the day the main people affected are those looking to quit so not a big deal to existing customers who actually want service with cellnuvo.

Feedback Score
    So you know back to the topic - What is cellnuvo and how does it work.

You download their app. You swipe for ads, complete surveys, download and play games and get silver/gold. You can spend that on service at redpocket (plans start at 10 gold/$10 a month) or att/verizon/sprint/tmobile. Currently redemptions are limited to $50 a month but chances of you earning that much in a month are very slim. Cellnuvo don't manage your line - you simply have your own line at redpocket or the others and use cellnuvo to pay for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast