Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

SpeedSmart Results Are In: T-Mobile Still Fastest US Mobile Network

http://speedsmart.net/wireless_index/nov_2017/

Who has the fastest mobile network in the US? For November 2017 and for the 8th month it’s T-Mobile, with Verizon in a close second place. Every one of the 4 major networks saw performance gains in the month of November, but Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon all saw decent multi Mbps gains with AT&T having a small increase in download speed. Network quality is also on the rise across the board, with each network at or approaching 50% of the time above 10 Mbps download speed. This is a huge improvement in overall network performance and quality.

Points Scored:

T-Mobile: 93
    Verizon: 76
    AT&T: 28
    Sprint: 3
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Fastest and the best!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Fastest and the best!
    Depends where you live. Not the best in many rural areas

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great, another crowd sourced app victory.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Depends where you live. Not the best in many rural areas
    T-Mobile Band 71 deployment is working on that rural issue. Information on this link to a 600 Mhz deployment Map and this statement;

"T-Mobile identified 1.2 million square miles where 600 MHz spectrum is available for deployment that is about 30% of the USA. T-Mobile is in the process of launch 600 MHz network during 2017 in Wyoming, Southwest and Northeast Oregon, West Texas, Southwest Kansas, the Oklahoma panhandle, Western North Dakota, Maine, Coastal North Carolina, Central Pennsylvania, Central Virginia and Eastern Washington. "

"11 TV stations that won reverse auction bids to go off air went off air by 10/25/2017. 132 stations that agreed to share a channel in exchange for cash must start sharing by 1/23/2018 unless granted a 90 days extension. On October 10th T-Mobile announced a partnership with Fox Television Stations to accelerate relocation of WWOR-TV in New York City by 16 months. This agreement and pending agreements with other stations will allow T-Mobile deploy 600 MHz in 2018 to 38 million people in addition to 62 million who live in the areas already clear for deployment. "

Feedback Score
    Yeah, really fast in all of those places with no signal.
    Last edited by james4209; 12-05-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile Band 71 deployment is working on that rural issue. Information on this link to a 600 Mhz deployment Map and this statement;

"T-Mobile identified 1.2 million square miles where 600 MHz spectrum is available for deployment that is about 30% of the USA. T-Mobile is in the process of launch 600 MHz network during 2017 in Wyoming, Southwest and Northeast Oregon, West Texas, Southwest Kansas, the Oklahoma panhandle, Western North Dakota, Maine, Coastal North Carolina, Central Pennsylvania, Central Virginia and Eastern Washington. "

"11 TV stations that won reverse auction bids to go off air went off air by 10/25/2017. 132 stations that agreed to share a channel in exchange for cash must start sharing by 1/23/2018 unless granted a 90 days extension. On October 10th T-Mobile announced a partnership with Fox Television Stations to accelerate relocation of WWOR-TV in New York City by 16 months. This agreement and pending agreements with other stations will allow T-Mobile deploy 600 MHz in 2018 to 38 million people in addition to 62 million who live in the areas already clear for deployment. "
    Yup which is good long term. It’s going to take a few years but T-Mobile will get it done

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by james4209 View Post
    Yeah, really fast in all of those place with no signal.
    That's a good point, as the most objective speed report for a carrier would be based on randomly-chosen geographic points instead of crowdsourced (which is skewed to count data from when/where it is fastest).

I don't place much value on such conclusions from crowdsourced data, as it lacks any sort of statistical rigor. I could throw 30 darts at a map of the US and measure data at these points and get a more accurate picture of network speed then any crowdsourced summary will provide.

And yes, I say the same exact thing about Verizon using crowdsourced data to make similar conclusions.

I guess Sprint is so bad that it's hard to find them looking good in anything at all including biased crowdsourced data...

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    From my experience TMobile has been the fastest most of the time. They still need work in some areas so they can't quit

I'd prob rate Verizon I'm second place (at least my experience) and sometimes Verizon has been number one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    Great, another crowd sourced app victory.
    Yes, guaranteed to make any carrier look better than what it really is, as individual members of the "Crowd" are biased toward using the phones where they work well on a given carrier, and biased against using the phones where they work poorly or not at all on that carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    From my experience TMobile has been the fastest most of the time. They still need work in some areas so they can't quit
    "Some areas" like 30% of the territory of the lower 48! But it looks like they are well on track toward filling that out.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    "Some areas" like 30% of the territory of the lower 48! But it looks like they are well on track toward filling that out.
    Yeah I think they are well on their way. Will take some time for sure but they seem pretty serious about it

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What is SpeedSmart? I’ve literally never used it or heard of it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don’t know this company. But three. Three points. It’d be funny if it weren’t so sad. 3...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast