Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop deactivated my account.

Feedback Score

FreedomPop deactivated my account.

Just noticed this a few hours ago, I don't know what's "unusual" usage but I used probably 1/2 of my 600 MB in one day. FreedomPop is becoming to high maintenance in my opinion. Babysitting 600mb of data. I don't really care at this point, I have an unactivated mint Sim kit and a net10 account, and a dual SIM phone, I think I'm going to take a break from FreedomPop for awhile.

Feedback Score
    If I could just purchase a data top up card at Target, I'd be game, the per MB makes me nervous)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That's a precautionary measure that FP has implemented to keep people from blowing through their data allowance and triggering at top up by mistake.

By the way, data overages cost $0.15/MB on the LTE and Global SIM cards. See https://support.freedompop.com/app/a...vailable-plans .

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I had the same deactivation happen to my LTE Sim today. I had to resume service on the website and reboot my phone. It works now, but we will see if it continues to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    FreedomPop is too shady for me, they have all sorts of upcharges and fees.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's a precautionary measure that FP has implemented to keep people from blowing through their data allowance and triggering at top up by mistake.

By the way, data overages cost $0.15/MB on the LTE and Global SIM cards. See https://support.freedompop.com/app/a...vailable-plans .
    So you are saying that FreedomPop now deactivates your account if you use more than 50% of your data allowance in a day?

That could be helpful in cases where Apple tries to push one of their obnoxious iOS updates down to your phone since they see you are on "WiFi" (via hotspot) and plugged in. It could also be harmful in cases like my user group where we don't use anything 29 out of 30 days of the month but use a LOT on that one day.

Bill

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soetart View Post
    So you are saying that FreedomPop now deactivates your account if you use more than 50% of your data allowance in a day?

That could be helpful in cases where Apple tries to push one of their obnoxious iOS updates down to your phone since they see you are on "WiFi" (via hotspot) and plugged in. It could also be harmful in cases like my user group where we don't use anything 29 out of 30 days of the month but use a LOT on that one day.

Bill
    I'm not sure what the threshold is, or how quickly it kicks in, but it could, at least in some cases, prevent an unwanted top up.

Yes, it can be annoying, too, if it shuts data off when you don't want it to shut off.

This is just one reason out of several why some people won't want to make FP their only cellular provider.

But in my case, I have multiple FP AT&T LTE SIM cards in my phone, so hopefully if one stops, another will still be working.

I also already had non-expiring Truphone and Piranha SIM cards before I started using FP, so now I have those SIM cards taped inside the back of my phone's battery cover, so I can hopefully reactivate my FP SIM card if I'm away from a computer if/when it happens.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb FreedomPop deactivates account with data usage surge

From my experience, it appears to me that FreedomPop deactivates user's account if the account data usage has a surge within a day, for example, data usage is twice as much as past 30-day daily average.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not sure what the threshold is, or how quickly it kicks in, but it could, at least in some cases, prevent an unwanted top up.

Yes, it can be annoying, too, if it shuts data off when you don't want it to shut off.

This is just one reason out of several why some people won't want to make FP their only cellular provider.

But in my case, I have multiple FP AT&T LTE SIM cards in my phone, so hopefully if one stops, another will still be working.

I also already had non-expiring Truphone and Piranha SIM cards before I started using FP, so now I have those SIM cards taped inside the back of my phone's battery cover, so I can hopefully reactivate my FP SIM card if I'm away from a computer if/when it happens.
    Lol I tried that with my Blu r1 HD, even though it's already dual SIM, i loosely put another nano SIM in the SD slot just in case, but somehow it ruined the Sim, none of my devices will recognize the sim. In think it got internally damaged.

Carrier(s)
    Boom Red
    Feedback Score
    It did that to me for using 99MB. So it probably is based on a particular users history. Odd since the account was nowhere near generating a top up.

I got an email notification. It wasn't hard to get it going again. But it would have been a pain in the neck if we actually relied on this, and if it was done during the daytime. (The email I got was time stamped 2 AM.)

Feedback Score
    I wish I could deactive my FP account, but I couldn't find out how. I was rather disgusted at the constant deceptive tricks into high junk charges that I swore to never use it.

In my first day of non-use, I racked up hundreds of MB.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I wish I could deactive my FP account, but I couldn't find out how. I was rather disgusted at the constant deceptive tricks into high junk charges that I swore to never use it.

Why CAN'T you cancel you FP account? Have you tried, or do you just complain about it?

I have 12 FP SIM cards, and I have never gotten any unwanted charges for plans, services, or top ups, and although I did get some $0.01 charges a few months ago, I've gotten none recently.

A simple Google search revealed a link to instructions to cancel a FP account, including pictures, that any dummy could follow! I tested the instructions, and the CANCEL button was clearly visible on my account where the instructions said it would be. LINK: https://uk.support.freedompop.com/ap...account#cancel

Also, I'm not sure what happened for you to rack "up hundreds of MB" on your "first day of non-use", and I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but data usage reported by FP has NEVER been more than my phone has reported.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zzz View Post
    It did that to me for using 99MB. So it probably is based on a particular users history.
    That happened to me the very first time I discovered my original FreedomPop phone had become deactivated for non-use. Once I learned it was both free and easy to reactivate, the sudden bump in data usage from none to some caused them to deactivate again for a "spike" in data usage.

So now I turn the phone on every now and then when I remember it. I just set an iPhone reminder to do it, then, until recent changes, would donate data to my FP SIMs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Just noticed this a few hours ago, I don't know what's "unusual" usage but I used probably 1/2 of my 600 MB in one day. FreedomPop is becoming to high maintenance in my opinion. Babysitting 600mb of data. I don't really care at this point, I have an unactivated mint Sim kit and a net10 account, and a dual SIM phone, I think I'm going to take a break from FreedomPop for awhile.
    I know you're just building off their poor terminology, but the thread title is misleading. This isn't really deactivating. It isn't even a real suspension. They are pausing the account, and it takes ten seconds to re-activate. Not a big deal IMO. They put this measure in place to prevent themselves from losing money.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post

Go under Settings>>Account Status when logged into your account. You can immediately deactivate your account and won't be charged again. Takes ten seconds, and I'm glad they implemented this feature to make it easier for people.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    On my LTE sim it was getting suspended daily until I made some phone calls using there phone app. I think I read that if the account does not have 5 phone calls in 60 days time they suspend the account.

More hoops, They should offer a data only card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast