Thread: Easy Roam

Feedback Score

Easy Roam

We're travelling right now but spent all morning and will be spending all afternoon in our rental condo with wifi. So I figured I would turn off wifi and save the daily charge for today.

But when I went to my Koodo account I noticed little micro usages every hour despite being on wifi the whole time. They seem too predictable to be random disconnection from the wifi.

Anyone have any ideas on why those are happening?

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    You must mean turn off the LTE mode.

I think when most phones go into sleep mode they loose their wifi connection but will still maintain your carrier signal for things like phone calls, etc. and it appears data.

Because you are enrolled in Easy Roam now, probably the best thing to do would be to put your carrier selection to "Koodo" when you are in Canada and not automatic, so it can't roam onto an international/US carrier unless you explicitly select that carrier when roaming or put into Automatic. Also, turn off the data roaming option on the phone.

If you are on a border town for the day you may pick up the other carrier from the US for example if you have it set to Automatic. I've noticed this in Niagara Falls for example even though you are still in Canada.

You can put the phone in Airplane mode as well. I guess since you got burned you may as well use the rest of day for your $7/$10 or perhaps call Koodo to reimburse if you so choose but if you have an OOP plan then maybe not worth the billing issue.

Feedback Score
    I've added Easy Roam to my account, but noticed that International Voice Roaming and International Data Roaming were automatically added to my account as well on self-serve. Are these two add-ons necessary for Easy Roam to work? If I have both Easy Roam and International Voice and International Data roaming add-ons on my account, would I only be charged for Easy Roam and not pay-per-use whilst travelling? (The countries I will be travelling to are listed as part of the Easy Roam® International Destinations.)

Device(s)
    LG G5, LG G4, Note 4, BB Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by atrous View Post
    I've added Easy Roam to my account, but noticed that International Voice Roaming and International Data Roaming were automatically added to my account as well on self-serve. Are these two add-ons necessary for Easy Roam to work? If I have both Easy Roam and International Voice and International Data roaming add-ons on my account, would I only be charged for Easy Roam and not pay-per-use whilst travelling? (The countries I will be travelling to are listed as part of the Easy Roam International Destinations.)
    That's right. Those need to be on there if you're roaming, regardless if you have easy roam or other addons. Otherwise, your phone will not work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    That's right. Those need to be on there if you're roaming, regardless if you have easy roam or other addons. Otherwise, your phone will not work.
    Alright. Thank you for the clarification!