Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Wi-Fi calling is here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    What!!!!

We can use WiFi cricket calling in an lg v20? Please verify this fact and the procedure.

Will it work on the international dual SIM version?

Many many thanks
    It worked on my unlocked AT&T branded LG V20. I just followed the steps listed by user Slavish HERE

I also had to toggle the "Stream More" option in my account for that line.

You can try it and see if it works. Like I said, the same process did not work on my Mate 9
    Name:  Capture+_2017-12-23-13-13-07.png
Views: 672
Size:  170.5 KB
    Name:  Capture+_2017-12-23-13-13-26.png
Views: 657
Size:  207.1 KB
    Name:  Capture+_2017-12-23-13-11-41.png
Views: 658
Size:  205.0 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    It worked on my unlocked AT&T branded LG V20. I just followed the steps listed by user Slavish HERE

I also had to toggle the "Stream More" option in my account for that line.

You can try it and see if it works. Like I said, the same process did not work on my Mate 9
    Name:  Capture+_2017-12-23-13-13-07.png
Views: 672
Size:  170.5 KB
    Name:  Capture+_2017-12-23-13-13-26.png
Views: 657
Size:  207.1 KB
    Name:  Capture+_2017-12-23-13-11-41.png
Views: 658
Size:  205.0 KB
    Is the stream more on my online Cricket account?

Don't have the v20 yet. I want to buy the lg v20 dual sim international version, but only if the cricket WiFi calling works.

Many thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So ur mate 9 does not get Volte or wifi calling but ur v20 does ? I'll try this with my s8+ and iPhone 6s

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I had the same error message while trying to activate wifi calling.

For me to fix that error I had to toggle the "stream more" options on the account, wait for cricket sms saying changes had been made to the account, then activate wifi calling with no error message and finish emergency address form.

I actually used an iPhone 7 to unlock these features using my SIM card and then reinstalled the sim card into an LG V20. Worked, and now have wifi calling and VOLTE in that sim card. It's an issue with Crickets strange system for this. It should just work automatically, but apparently using an iPhone flags the sim card to use these services. SMH
    I had a very similar experience with my cheap Cricket-branded Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime. A few days after updating to the Android 7.1.1 update, VoLTE started working, but no matter what I tried, I could not successfully enable wifi-calling.

After putting my simcard into an (unlocked) IPhone (iOS 11.2, Carrier Update 31.1), and navigating to the iPhone's settings for 'wifi calling', Cricket's emergency address webpage came up. I completed the form, activated wifi-calling, and it started working on the iPhone. (I didn't have to toggle the 'stream more' feature.)

After putting the simcard back into my Galaxy Amp Prime, I had no further problems with toggling the wifi-calling feature on/off. Unfortunately, the wifi-calling feature would disappear after a while ... sometimes it would come back. While the wifi-calling indicator is present, the feature works, but it looks like the network/system has some stability issues to work out.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried the sim swap trick with a Galaxy S8? My new place has terrible signal with lots of dropped calls. Wish i had an iphone to try it out with. TY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketuser101 View Post
    I had a very similar experience with my cheap Cricket-branded Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime. A few days after updating to the Android 7.1.1 update, VoLTE started working, but no matter what I tried, I could not successfully enable wifi-calling.

After putting my simcard into an (unlocked) IPhone (iOS 11.2, Carrier Update 31.1), and navigating to the iPhone's settings for 'wifi calling', Cricket's emergency address webpage came up. I completed the form, activated wifi-calling, and it started working on the iPhone. (I didn't have to toggle the 'stream more' feature.)

After putting the simcard back into my Galaxy Amp Prime, I had no further problems with toggling the wifi-calling feature on/off. Unfortunately, the wifi-calling feature would disappear after a while ... sometimes it would come back. While the wifi-calling indicator is present, the feature works, but it looks like the network/system has some stability issues to work out.
    Thought the Amp was on the official list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    Has anyone tried the sim swap trick with a Galaxy S8? My new place has terrible signal with lots of dropped calls. Wish i had an iphone to try it out with. TY
    according to some reports at&t network blocks the use of IMS settings on unlocked US version devices for galaxy s8 but some reports say international phones can activate VoLTE and wifi calling using IMS settings app.

Feedback Score
    Just spent about 40 minutes in a chat with cricket trying to get an iphone 6s plus to work with wifi calling. What I thought was going to be a simple process was anything but. The "contact cricket to activate this feature" message kept popping up. Finally, I got fed up and gave up on trying to get it working. It wasn't my line and since I can't use wifi calling with my Essential phone, I was only so eager to continue the torture. lol

Feedback Score
    My friend had the same issue. He went to a local store and spent 4 hours there. The store called corporate tech support and got his iPhone working on WiFi calling at the end.

Feedback Score
    Does Google Pixel XL have volte and wifi calling on cricket?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcooper14 View Post
    Just spent about 40 minutes in a chat with cricket trying to get an iphone 6s plus to work with wifi calling. What I thought was going to be a simple process was anything but. The "contact cricket to activate this feature" message kept popping up. Finally, I got fed up and gave up on trying to get it working. It wasn't my line and since I can't use wifi calling with my Essential phone, I was only so eager to continue the torture. lol
    In my experience after updating the OS and carrier version, toggling "stream better" on the line in the "my cricket" app got me squared away.

Did you try the toggle?

Feedback Score
    In my experience after updating the OS and carrier version, toggling "stream better" on the line in the "my cricket" app got me squared away.

Did you try the toggle?
    I'm on the unlimited 2 plan. It appears that I am not able to toggle the stream better anymore. All 4 lines are set to "on".
    Ironically, they had enabled unlimited calling on my line (but not the line I was trying to get enabled). Upon informing them of their error, they now disabled wifi calling on my line and it still isn't enabled on the line I originally was going round and round with. haha. What I don't understand is why ATT/Cricket doesn't enable the ability for wifi calling on all phones that are capable of doing it. I would love to use the feature on my Essential PH-1 because in my office i have zero reception.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Does Google Pixel XL have volte and wifi calling on cricket?
    Not on Cricket as it is a BYOD Android device.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just called 611 and the agent said they can’t enable Wi-Fi calling because my iPhone 7 Plus is carrier SIM unlocked, not their branded one? Is this true?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nutzareus View Post
    I just called 611 and the agent said they can’t enable Wi-Fi calling because my iPhone 7 Plus is carrier SIM unlocked, not their branded one? Is this true?
    Don’t know how it all exactly works but I can say my iPhone 6s Plus Verizon unlocked works and has been working since it came active weeks ago.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast