Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85

Thread: iPhone X Reception

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    Feedback Score
    0

    iPhone X Reception

    For those of you that have iPhone X, please describe your experience regarding reception. Is the reception as good as the iPhone 7?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    184
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had 1 for a week and no issues with reception/messaging/data use.

    Just an fyi I returned it because of the screen aspect ratio.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I had 1 for a week and no issues with reception/messaging/data use.

    Just an fyi I returned it because of the screen aspect ratio.
    What specifically didn’t you like about the aspect ratio? What apps didn’t you like with the new aspect ratio? I am thinking about getting an X this weekend and appreciate the input. Did you exchange the phone for an 8?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    184
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    What specifically didn’t you like about the aspect ratio? What apps didn’t you like with the new aspect ratio? I am thinking about getting an X this weekend and appreciate the input. Did you exchange the phone for an 8?
    I didn't like it for video watching in landscape mode. (There are some in depth videos on YouTube talking about this.) To me the screen turns out to be the size of an iPhone 6, 7, or 8 non + model using landscape video. You can of course make the image larger, but you'll either lose some content on top or bottom, or distort the picture sizing. I went to the 8+ and liked the phone. But I didn't LOVE it because of the display. After using Samsung Amoled displays for years, it was just too noticeable going to the NON-OLED screen. My 8+ actually broke. I just returned it to BB.

    So right now I'm debating going back to the X for the OLED screen, going back to Samsung for the Infinity display, or just waiting until next fall and getting the X Plus model with a 6.5" display. My main phone right now is the original Moto Z Play. Battery life is amazing. The screen is a Samsung amoled. The near stock android os is super snappy. BUT the camera is bad in anything other than ideal conditions.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,879
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    What specifically didn’t you like about the aspect ratio? What apps didn’t you like with the new aspect ratio? I am thinking about getting an X this weekend and appreciate the input. Did you exchange the phone for an 8?
    The X is absolutely worth it. I have no complaints.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    Feedback Score
    0
    How do we know that next fall there is going to be an iPhone X Plus Model? Has this been confirmed by Apple, or it it possible that Apple will only manufacture phones that are the size of the current model X and therefore there will be no X Plus model?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    184
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    How do we know that next fall there is going to be an iPhone X Plus Model? Has this been confirmed by Apple, or it it possible that Apple will only manufacture phones that are the size of the current model X and therefore there will be no X Plus model?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iphone+x+plus+rumors

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    Feedback Score
    0
    They are only rumors, so who knows what Apple will do.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,823
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    How do we know that next fall there is going to be an iPhone X Plus Model? Has this been confirmed by Apple, or it it possible that Apple will only manufacture phones that are the size of the current model X and therefore there will be no X Plus model?
    Apple NEVER confirms anything until the presentation before preorders. These are rumors from people who make guesses, "supply sources", etc.

    I don't tend to watch videos on the phone. If I want portable video, I'll use my iPad Mini. Good compromise in size for me between the 8 and the 8+.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    523
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    My only complaints about my iPhone X are:

    • lack of 4x4 MIMO (the biggest one)
    • lack of LTE-LAA
    • the notch (hopefully they'll hide those sensors behind the screen sometime in the future)
    • no Plus and Mini options (it's a Goldilocks size right now, but some people still want really big and a really small options)


    It's a nearly-perfect phone, though.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    343
    Feedback Score
    0
    no problems with my iphone x

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,446
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    My only complaints about my iPhone X are:

    • lack of 4x4 MIMO (the biggest one)
    • lack of LTE-LAA
    • the notch (hopefully they'll hide those sensors behind the screen sometime in the future)
    • no Plus and Mini options (it's a Goldilocks size right now, but some people still want really big and a really small options)


    It's a nearly-perfect phone, though.
    Doesn’t use the latest snapdragon LTE modem


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,879
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Doesn’t use the latest snapdragon LTE modem


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CDMA models use the most recent commercially available X16 modem.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    523
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Doesn’t use the latest snapdragon LTE modem
    Yeah it does, the X16. It's just not paired with 4x4 MIMO. The Snapdragon X20 isn't out yet.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,446
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Yeah it does, the X16. It's just not paired with 4x4 MIMO. The Snapdragon X20 isn't out yet.
    OK so We will see if the next iPhone has it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 3G Reception SUCKS!!!
    By migs in forum Apple
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
  2. iPhone 3G reception issues
    By MyA in forum Apple
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 01:02 AM
  3. iPhone 3G Reception SUCKS!!!
    By migs in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
  4. Unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone: Horrible reception/lose of network
    By HardHitter in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 11:56 PM

Bookmarks