Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the thread about tethering warnings etc?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Trolling aside, when “good” info is deleted, that sucks.

I’ve started taking screen shots of posts of interests. In case they disappear, I still have the info.
    Let's one of us start a new thread on that topic, maybe the original info providers can repost pertinent info. I didn't follow every reply and didn't dream I might need to "save" the info, as I routinely go back months or even years to bring up info I might need.
    It's not my intention to get cross ways with the mods, but I don't see this info on the prohibited posts criteria, and just interested in that information, and that subject has been discussed since I was doing so on the original sprint vision drudge system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    We're you on cricket?
    Yes, using the Cricket 40.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Yes, using the Cricket 40.
    Yeah, me too, but very small amount of data, and on a spare line that has never ran over the 2.0,2.5,3.0,4.0 and now 5 gb provided.

Feedback Score
    Let's one of us start a new thread on that topic, maybe the original info providers can repost pertinent info. I didn't follow every reply and didn't dream I might need to "save" the info, as I routinely go back months or even years to bring up info I might need.
    It's not my intention to get cross ways with the mods, but I don't see this info on the prohibited posts criteria, and just interested in that information, and that subject has been discussed since I was doing so on the original sprint vision drudge system.
    I believe the original information came from Reddit. So it should still be available there.

The Cricket tethering thread and the Metro free Amazon Prime link disappearing is very weird...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    I believe the original information came from Reddit. So it should still be available there.

The Cricket tethering thread and the Metro free Amazon Prime link disappearing is very weird...
    Very weird!

Feedback Score
    Very weird!
    For sure...

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I am on the basic 5 gb plan and tethered earlier this week with my Galaxy S5 native wifi tethering setting. Probably uploaded a 200 MB of data, but not much downloading. I have not received any warning or texts from Cricket. I've only seen warnings go to Unlimited plan users. I haven't seen any basic plan users report the warning.

Feedback Score
    I have to wonder if this eventually becomes a selling point for providers and MVNOs.

If everything is going unlimited and if prices can't get any lower, then providers will have to look at other service extensions to entice new customers.

If you can get unlimited talk/text/data from provider A for $X and unlimited talk/text/data from provider B for the same $X - what is going to distinguish the two? If provider A allows tethering for a certain number of GB and provider B does not - will everyone shift over to provider A?

I do believe you have to put a limit on tethering or raise prices substantially, otherwise you'll have people thinking they can cancel their home Internet connection and just tether off of their phones. The tiered plans on Cricket would seem to already have a self-imposed limit (i.e. 5GB - regardless of how it is used). Although, I don't know what speeds you get after you use your 5GB (I've never used more than 5GB in a month) but I would think those speeds would make tethering unbearable.

Feedback Score
    Don't worry. When they repeal net neutrality, you will get your wish. Corporations that provide internet access will benefit at your expense. You will even get to pay for the same data twice. Enjoy

Feedback Score
    Been tethering on the Cricket 40 for the last few days using a Metro ZTE ZPro and I haven't gotten any crazy warnings.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm still curious about this subject as the original thread had numerous warnings.

Feedback Score
    Haven't read anymore either. Was that something that even happened?

I think I'll tether a 10GB file tonight and see. If I get a message I'll post it. If I do then someone else needs to do the same using VPN and see if it changes anything.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    ummm yes, in the old days of Cooter and Chazz, it would occur on a daily basis. The mods were relentless
    The modz just want to prove who had the power

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teKcirc View Post
    The modz just want to prove who had the power
    I wish they'd tune their powers on beast.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    I wish they'd tune their powers on beast.
    Don't we all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast