Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile's Deployed 600mhz coverage map on 12/06/2017

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile's Deployed 600mhz coverage map on 12/06/2017

Lart2150 is doing something like taking T-Mobile's cell phone sim update software information and picking out the Latitude and Longitude of the 600 Mhz cell tower. Sorry I can't explain the method any better. Looks like T-Mobile is really rolling out the Band 71 to plug some holes fast. Just remember that T-Mobile's priority right now is deploying Band 71 (600 Mhz) where they don't have Band 12 (700 Mhz) and of course where the FCC and the cities will allow them to deploy.

Lart2150 said;

"I have updated my 600mhz map. On the left you can toggle between my November and December scans to see what was changed. There are a few locations that were a 4 (lowest coverage) that have been removed but a LOT has been added for one month."

T-Mobile's Deployed 600mhz coverage map on 12/06/2017

" Changes
    Expanded coverage in Washington state
    Added coverage between Redding and Sacramento CA
    Added coverage north of Albuquerque and east of Roswell
    Expanded coverage in western Texas
    Added coverage in a LOT of kansas
    Added coverage in southern Nebraska and between Lincoln and Omaha
    Expanded coverage in Missouri
    Expanded coverage in Illinois
    Expanded coverage in northern Wisconsin
    Expanded coverage in northern Mississippi
    Here is a table of the number of locations I scanned that has each band 71

Scan Date 71
    2017-11-19 440
    2017-12-06 1717"

Full Lart2150 Reddit link here:

Feedback Score
    Excellent, very useful
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    That's informative. CellMapper still only shows 3 or 4 spots. Good to see upgrades so widespread. Now, we just need some affordable (≤$400) handsets.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Now, we just need some affordable (≤$400) handsets.
    I think the "LG V30 in April, 2018" might count as your $400 handset for Band 71.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing Shilo!
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    That's informative. CellMapper still only shows 3 or 4 spots. Good to see upgrades so widespread. Now, we just need some affordable (≤$400) handsets.
    Here are three different cell towers in just Omaha, NE that are Band 71 that Cellmapper is showing. One tower has several Band 71 units. Easy to find with the Cellmapper's Band Filter.

https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=3...lse&showBand=0

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I think the "LG V30 in April, 2018" might count as your $400 handset for Band 71.
    Agree it isn't the same but T-Mobile is doing the Buy One get one Free with the V30. So that is two V30 for $800

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/lg-p...3071253448,s:g

Then again they have the same deal on Samsung S8 Active for two for $820. Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    See how to get a FREE Galaxy S8 Active w/ purchase!

For a limited time, buy a Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, or Galaxy Note8, add a line, and get a second of equal or lesser value FREE via rebate (up to $820) when you purchase on a qualifying rate plan and finance both devices on an equipment installment plan. If you cancel wireless service, full device balance is due. More details here https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/sams...one-deals-faqs

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    The two for one deals are nice if that is what someone is looking for. For one phone I'm hoping the prices drop before too long on the s8 active and lg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Agree it isn't the same but T-Mobile is doing the Buy One get one Free with the V30. So that is two V30 for $800

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/lg-p...3071253448,s:g

Then again they have the same deal on Samsung S8 Active for two for $820. Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    See how to get a FREE Galaxy S8 Active w/ purchase!

For a limited time, buy a Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, or Galaxy Note8, add a line, and get a second of equal or lesser value FREE via rebate (up to $820) when you purchase on a qualifying rate plan and finance both devices on an equipment installment plan. If you cancel wireless service, full device balance is due. More details here https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/sams...one-deals-faqs
    If only it were that simple, I'd have already bought the two LG V30's for $800. But with appearing to have to buy an unneeded line and jettison it after 3 months, it becomes something like "two LG V30's for $920".

And add on tax (I know, unavoidable) and the price takes off over $1000.

If T-Mobile would let me walk in with $800 + tax and walk out with two LG V30's that would be great. Then I would go home and wrap them in bubble wrap so they would not shatter

And the process to do this seems pretty tricky as it is.
    Last edited by NotABiot; 12-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    The two for one deals are nice if that is what someone is looking for. For one phone I'm hoping the prices drop before too long on the s8 active and lg
    I have a friend who keeps her Galaxy S8+ in a case. She took it out briefly (after having it for a month) and dropped it just a few inches onto a table by mistake. It shattered the back and disabled the main telephone mic permanently.

Or the local T-Mobile store that got an LG V30 as a demo unit. It shattered when they put it into the anti-theft holder. It is still there, looking a mess, patched together with shipping tape. It does work though!

Neither of them flung the phone against a wall, and one didn't drop it, and the other dropped it a very tiny amount

This makes me dislike needlessly-fragile phones all the more... and LIKE the S8 Active. The glass back stuff needs to be regarded as a design flaw... Come on. would anyone here buy a car with a glass bumper?
    Last edited by NotABiot; 12-07-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    That does sound like an issue. Would hate to pay that much and then have a messed up phone
    For the price both phones should be great quality. That's one reason why I wait for prices to drop
    Last edited by eddiehaskell; 12-07-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    Regarding the coverage expansion, that’s really impressive. I’m feeling better about not getting the iPhone X without 600, especially after I finally got to play with one in the store last week. Was not impressed. And I don’t think the glass would fare any better than the two previous examples NotABiot gave.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    Regarding the coverage expansion, that’s really impressive. I’m feeling better about not getting the iPhone X without 600, especially after I finally got to play with one in the store last week. Was not impressed. And I don’t think the glass would fare any better than the two previous examples NotABiot gave.
    At the end of 2014 it took T-Mobile just over a year to go from no 700 Mhz to most of the areas they were free to deploy Band 12 were somewhat covered with Band 12. T-Mobile bought concurrent operation rights from TV stations for Band 12 just like they have started to do with Band 71 to deploy it faster. In my area of South Florida Band 12 started getting installed by Feb 2015 and by April 2015 I had to buy a Band 12 (LG G4) since my friends with Samsung Note 4 on T-Mobile were laughing when they were connecting to Band 12 and I couldn't with my old Nexus 5. That is how fast T-Mobile deployed 700 Mhz in my area and 600 Mhz will be similar where they have FCC approval to deploy.

So many people 8 months ago preached that this Band 71 spectrum would take three years before it was going to be deployed and useful. That maybe true for some people but T-Mobile is filling the rural holes in their coverages with 600 Mhz and it will be far more physical coverages areas than T-Mobile had for Band 12 in their first year of deployment. Since there are really only four phones currently that have Band 71 ( V30, S8/S8+/S8 Active) that are all Flagship prices, I can wait till mid 2018 for my new Band 12 phone just like a lot of other people. However by this time next year Band 71 will be well deployed by T-Mobile in rural areas that will have more physical areas than the current Band 12 coverage.

T-Mobile is on a mission to deploy the first nationwide 5G and the equipment T-Mobile is using will also handle Band 71. Band 71 is only a rumor for most of us right now but it is coming a lot faster than most of us expected to be a significant spectrum for T-Mobile.

Also, it's not just Band 71 it is also Band 46 (Maybe B252/B255) for the 28,000 plus small cells being deployed that will be needed in the Metro areas. One thing most of us can say is T-Mobile doesn't squat on the spectrum they own they use it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    At the end of 2014 it took T-Mobile just over a year to go from no 700 Mhz to most of the areas they were free to deploy Band 12 were somewhat covered with Band 12. In my area of South Florida Band 12 started getting installed by Feb 2015 and by April 2015 I had to buy a Band 12 (LG G4) since my friends with Samsung Note 4 on T-Mobile were laughing when they were connecting to Band 12 and I couldn't with my old Nexus 5. That is how fast T-Mobile deployed 700 Mhz in my area and 600 Mhz will be similar where they have FCC approval to deploy. Also, it's not just Band 71 it is Band 46 (Maybe B252/B255) that will be needed in the Metro areas.

So many people 8 months ago preached that this 700 Mhz would be three years before it was going to be deployed. That maybe true for some people but T-Mobile is filling the rural holes in their coverages with 600 Mhz and it will be far more physical coverages areas than T-Mobile had for Band 12 in their first year of deployment. Since there are really only four phones currently that have Band 71 ( V30, S8/S8+/S8 Active) that are all Flagship prices, I can wait till mid 2018 for my new Band 12 phone just like a lot of other people. However by this time next year Band 71 will be well deployed by T-Mobile in rural areas that will have more physical areas than the current Band 12 coverage. T-Mobile is on a mission to deploy the first nationwide 5G and the equipment T-Mobile is using will also handle Band 71. Band 71 is only a rumor for most of us right now but it is coming a lot faster than most of us expected to be a significant spectrum for T-Mobile. One thing most of us can say is T-Mobile doesn't spectrum squat on the spectrum they own they use it.
    I think you are missing the point. T-Mobile is still deploying 700 MHz... even in the northeast. It has been a very slow rollout. I hope it doesn’t take them years to deploy 600 MHz, like they are doing with 700 MHz. We will see.
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There may be some new 600MHz in northeastern Minnesota though it's not clear. The map a couple of weeks ago was showing a fair bit in inland Lake County, presumably from three new towers along Minnesota Highway 1, but now those are showing as 1900MHz in terms of the equipment required.
    Last edited by photoeditor; 12-08-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast