Thread: Is there a way to make Verizon phone's stay on one LTE band ?

Feedback Score

Is there a way to make Verizon phone's stay on one LTE band ?

2 phone's LG v30 and galaxy s8plus both on a family plan with Verizon. .in my house in Los Angeles both work fine on BAND 13 and xlte BAND 4 . I don't have Wi-Fi at home so I gotta use 4G on my s8 and my mom has to use 4G on her v30 . The problem we both have is that both phone's prefer BAND 2 . And BAND 2 is completly dead no LTE data at all . Have LTE discover on both phone's and signal check . And when both phone's have BAND 13 and xlte BAND 4. Data is amazingly fast up to 50 mbps. But both phone's always switch to band 2 which gets nothing can't even run a speed test absolutely no data !! The only way to get them back on band 13 and 4 is to turn on airplane mode and turn it back off .. Have to be doing it every 10 minutes . It got to a point I just can't... yesterday I was uploading an application for a part time job I was doing it quick crossing my fingers it would stay in xlte . Once I was uploading my resume the phone decides to switch to band 2 , it stopped and effed everything up!! Ugh . How do I fix this ?? Had to turn on airplane mode and wait till I got xlte and had to cross my fingers it would stay like that and start over again . I get full bars on all bands 13,4 and 2 . Only that 13 and 4 work , but the phone's always prefer BAND 2 which doesn't work ? Their on band 2 all the time ..is there a way to make them choose the other bands And stay ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Is there a way to make Verizon phone's stay on one LTE band ?

Sometimes when at work I wish I could make my phone switch to band 2 and stay there, but I can’t do that either. I don’t think it’s possible.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    The only way to lock B2 out on a Samsung is to root and enable hidden menus. No other way around it unfortunately.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You could switch to a device that only does LTE on 4 and 13, but that presumably involves giving up VoLTE.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You can do it with root on most phones with Network Signal Guru.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can try to file a network ticket. Maybe the cell tower algorithm needs updated. The cell tower has a lot of say in which band your device connects too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    You can try to file a network ticket. Maybe the cell tower algorithm needs updated. The cell tower has a lot of say in which band your device connects too.
    Thanks I'll see what I can do .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk