Thread: Unlimited plan perks-be cautious

Device(s)
    9630 BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Unlimited plan perks-be cautious

This whole credit for a HBO and directv now is a mess. I signed up and have been on the phone for 3 days to get this straighten out. What a mess Directv and ATT are. They keep bouncing me off of one another. Great scheme, deflect off each other. No credit or free HBO and it has been a billing cycle. Rip off report! Unless you have nothing better to do and speak to reps and loyalty departments, don't buy into this. Do it because you actually need and want unlimited data!

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that. Easy first question - are you using same email and phone number as wireless account on directv now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have had no issues with the TV credit and free HBO on the unlimited plan. I used the same street address, phone number and email address.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus QCOM, SM-G950U1
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You could have used the already created topic relating to this issue. Just a thought.
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    I got the $25 direct tv credit within one billing cycle and hbo was activated on direct tv within 3 days of me switching from my grandfathers unlimited to the new unlimited data plus

Make sure ur billing address on att wireless matches ur billing address in direct tv

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used my wrong email address with best buy when I signed up for att wireless so I won't try the "free" HBO until the month is up and I can change my address.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPad Pro 10.5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The bill credit is $15 now not $25 any more.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dentite View Post
    This whole credit for a HBO and directv now is a mess. I signed up and have been on the phone for 3 days to get this straighten out. What a mess Directv and ATT are. They keep bouncing me off of one another. Great scheme, deflect off each other. No credit or free HBO and it has been a billing cycle. Rip off report! Unless you have nothing better to do and speak to reps and loyalty departments, don't buy into this. Do it because you actually need and want unlimited data!
    You said "it has been A billing cycle"? Well I can tell you I've had DirecTV and changed to the Unlimited Plus in October. It took until the THIRD bill for my credit to appear.

I have to sort through it, it looks jumbled up but the credit just started. However, back in October when I changed to Unlimited, HBO was turned on the DirecTV within 12 hours, however it was never listed on the last 2 bills.

I thought that even though the credits could take 3 billing cycles, when they do start, don't they credit you back to the first bill it should have started on?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizam76 View Post
    You said "it has been A billing cycle"? Well I can tell you I've had DirecTV and changed to the Unlimited Plus in October. It took until the THIRD bill for my credit to appear.

I have to sort through it, it looks jumbled up but the credit just started. However, back in October when I changed to Unlimited, HBO was turned on the DirecTV within 12 hours, however it was never listed on the last 2 bills.

I thought that even though the credits could take 3 billing cycles, when they do start, don't they credit you back to the first bill it should have started on?
    No credits dont start until the 3rd billing cycle and they don't credit back anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    No credits dont start until the 3rd billing cycle and they don't credit back anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Ahhh ok

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    The bill credit is $15 now not $25 any more.
    I missed the $25 promo but I'm glad I still have the $10 lifetime promo for combined billing to balance that out.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I signed up half way through a bill cycle, and the $25 credit was on the next full month, and a partial for the month before. Got signed up just before they went to the $15 credit.

Feedback Score
    I ended up having to cuss them out and tell them I wasn't spending another hour on the phone with another clueless department. I told you I've got a problem you ****ing fix it! I don't need to stay on the phone while you fix it. It was finally fixed that night. This was for the free HBO. I don't watch TV enough for dtvnow and we just quit dtv.