Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nuisance calls

Feedback Score

Nuisance calls

I was with Page Plus for years and seldom got sales/robo calls. I changed to Cricket a month ago and am plagued with them 3 to 5 a day. I am on the do not call list and do not answer calls that are not in my contact list. If a call does not leave a message I block them but they keep coming and coming.

I was going to transfer my wife to Cricket, but now an thinking of going back to Page Plus or some other desperate move.

Is there anything I can do about this, is this common?? Jim.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I get them too. Other people get them too, and non were on cricket. Don't know of cricket whose than others. I just add Turnbull to blocked numbers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I get them too. Other people get them too, and non were on cricket. Don't know of cricket whose than others. I just add Turnbull to blocked numbers.
    What is Turnbull, does not show up on search?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Nuisance calls

Quote Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
    What is Turnbull, does not show up on search?
    I’ve had them also before I went to cricket and don’t get them as much.

I use Hiya, it’s an app that helps block unsolicited calls. Try them out before you make a desperate move. Might help.

Some Call Blocking apps:

Hiya
    Sync.me
    Mr.Number

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I second Hiya. It’s been pretty reliable for me. I got a lot of the calls that spoof your area code and exchange (first six digits) which trick you into thinking it’s legit. Hiya pretty much has stopped all that.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input, hopefully you have pointed me in the right direction. Some web surfing shows that Cricket recommends Hiya, so I will give them a try.

I find the 3-5 calls a day extremely annoying and can't believe nothing can be done about it legally. Blocking #'s does not help as it the #'s constantly change and seldom get 2 calls from the same #.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Nuisance calls

Mr Number is owned by Hiya so they both operate the same way. I’ve been using Mr Number for quite some time and it helps a lot. If you get a call from a new number you can look it up in the app and report/block it as well. When you install the app be sure to go to the settings and set it to block suspected spam calls instead of just notify you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Nuisance calls

Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    Mr Number is owned by Hiya so they both operate the same way. I’ve been using Mr Number for quite some time and it helps a lot. If you get a call from a new number you can look it up in the app and report/block it as well. When you install the app be sure to go to the settings and set it to block suspected spam calls instead of just notify you.
    I second that...

Make sure you do select block under options.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1512742395.347727.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  41.0 KB

Feedback Score
    I seldom ans #'s that are not in my contact list, unless I have something for sale or am expecting a call back from someone. If a call is important they will leave a message.

I would think that after a few hundred unanswered calls the computers would kick my # out.

Tried downloading hiya and it failed will try again later. Jim

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
    I seldom ans #'s that are not in my contact list, unless I have something for sale or am expecting a call back from someone. If a call is important they will leave a message.

I would think that after a few hundred unanswered calls the computers would kick my # out.
    Definitely do not answer the # you don't recognize. I personally think Cricket is selling phone #s out. I noticed an influx of junk calls after joining Cricket. It's not just me, my wife (from Virgin Mobile), my dad (Verizon), my brother (from Verizon) all had many junk calls. If you don't answer, they'll start going away. However, I'd get one junk call once in a while. If I answer, I am sure I'll get 2-3 more the next days.

Feedback Score
    On Page Plus I got at most 1 call every other month, within a day of moving to Cricket it went to 3-5 calls a day!

Feedback Score
    I think you might want to read this article https://www.lemberglaw.com/what-are-robocalls/. If you know the callers are coming from legit businesses/telemarketers, you could ask them to stop otherwise you could sue them. If the callers aren't legit, you could just ignore them and block the numbers. It might be the best option rather than answering them.

Feedback Score
    After reading about this a bit I will have to assume that they are from non legit sources as the same number rarely calls more than once, so blocking is a futile effort. I will not answer the calls to find out if they are from legitimate sources.

I find it odd that for years I did not get the calls and one day with Cricket and I am flooded with them.

What I would like to see is many people get together and answer all the calls, keep the people on the phone and give them false information.

Feedback Score
    I have been on Cricket for years and don't get nuisance calls. Maybe stop signing up for free sweepstakes for 5 night Bahamas cruises at the mall

Feedback Score
    I get them... Not sure that it's carrier related though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast