Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does T-Mobile have a plan that includes calls to Canada?

Phone
    Moto Droid - DroidMod 1.0
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Does T-Mobile have a plan that includes calls to Canada?

Like the title says. Does any of T-Mobile plans include calls to canada? I'm with ATT GSM right now and it doesn't include it, does anyone know?

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm not a T-Mo expert, but I've yet to see a wireless provider that includes calls to Canada just as if you were calling the states.

If someone knows of a provider that does include Canada as 'local' please post for us all!

Phones
    iPhone, Android, S60 and many more.
    iPhone, Android, iPad
    Nokia S60
    Carriers
    T-Mobile (Feb 2001-2012), Verizon LTE 2011-Present, MetroPCS 2013-Present
    SprintPCS (<6 months), PrimeCo
    Feedback Score
    Once upon a time AT&T used to offer Canada as an add-on to their one-rate plans. For like $10-20/mon you could roam and call canada as if it was the US. I couldn't tell you if they still offer such an addon any longer. I think Sprint had/has some kind of addon for Canada too.
    Last edited by GadgetVirtuoso; 08-25-2003 at 03:15 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    twitter | Facebook

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by RAF2
    I'm not a T-Mo expert, but I've yet to see a wireless provider that includes calls to Canada just as if you were calling the states.

If someone knows of a provider that does include Canada as 'local' please post for us all!
    Verizon is one. Use Onesuite.com. 2.9 cents/min to call Canada from your cell phone.

Phones
    Treo 650
    SE T610; Treo 600 (ret.); Nokia 6610 (ret.); Treo 270 (ret.)
    Moto v60g (ret.); Sanyo 4500 (ret.)
    Carriers
    Giant antenna+transmitter strapped to my nuts;
    Sprint PCS (ret.)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by brianric
    Verizon is one. Use Onesuite.com. 2.9 cents/min to call Canada from your cell phone.
    Verizon doesn't do it anymore. My brother is on it and he's grandfathered, but I don't think new subs get that feature.

Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    With Verizon it depends on your market...most people on the East Coast (NYC DC Boston) still are on the billing system that allows for free calling to Canada....people in the Midwest, West Coast, and Southeast have to pay

Phones
    Nokia 6200
    Nokia 7210
    Nokia 6190 (for fun)
    Carriers
    AT&T Wireless
    StarHub (Singapore)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by KrazyKritter
    Once upon a time AT&T used to offer Canada as an add-on to their one-rate plans. For like $10-20/mon you could roam and call canada as if it was the US. I couldn't tell you if they still offer such an addon any longer. I think Sprint had/has some kind of addon for Canada too.
    AT&T does offer a plan for $9.99 a month that makes roaming or calling Canada or Virgin Islands included in your plan. I think it is the North American Calling plan and can be added to your GSM account.

Phones
    Current: SMT 5600
    Past: Checkout my signature!
    Future: Who knows???
    Carriers
    Current: Cingular;
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile actually had a plan like that back when it was VoiceStream. I had that plan. I used to call Canada and even roam in Canada without any extra charge. Too bad they don't have it anymore.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by another_punk
    T-Mobile actually had a plan like that back when it was VoiceStream. I had that plan. I used to call Canada and even roam in Canada without any extra charge. Too bad they don't have it anymore.

I remember that plan. If I recall correctly, it had 300 minutes for use to call/roam US and Canada. It had FIMF too as well. Oh well...back in the VoiceStream days.

Feedback Score
    Yes - try TracFone. I call both Canada and the UK and am billed as though it is a local call. Have used it for a couple of years with no problem at all. No roaming charges either, for calls in the US. All you do is call an 800 # (that you get given in the package) and then when prompted, dial the number you want. Canada you just put in area code etc. International, you put in country code then the #.
    I get a card that is valid for one year - and only use it during the winter months. Works well for me. Phones come as cheap as $10

I got mine from WalMart. Refill cards are readily available at cash registers.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Lyca
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kman79 View Post
    Like the title says. Does any of T-Mobile plans include calls to canada? I'm with ATT GSM right now and it doesn't include it, does anyone know?
    You could use Google Voice and call Canada for free.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Why would anyone use anything other then google voice.... Its easy and free

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kman79 View Post
    There is a $10 add on for calls and texts TO Canada from the US. Does not include roaming IN Canada.

http://www.t-mobile.com/Internationa..._SpecialOffers

Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NEW2TMO View Post
    There is a $10 add on for calls and texts TO Canada from the US. Does not include roaming IN Canada.

http://www.t-mobile.com/Internationa..._SpecialOffers
    *unless using wifi calling in Canada

Carriers
    T-Mobile (USA)
    O2 (UK)
    Feedback Score
    Am I the only to notice the revival of this 10+ year old thread? :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast