Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Big Gig + Talk (10GB) Christmas Promo = $21.13 per month

Feedback Score

Freedom Big Gig + Talk (10GB) Christmas Promo = $21.13 per month

This is not confirmed but I did get the information from a close source at Freedom Mobile. Currently, a frenzy has started with the Big-3 taking notice of Freedom Mobile's newly introduced plans. Although I do not think they're that great and coverage is still spotty, the major incumbents know that Shaw takes no prisoners and will do a full bore roll-out to become a national player...

This said, Freedom is going to be launching a permanent 35% discount which is eligible for new sign ups upon activation or existing customers should they call in and request the change once the offer has launched. The bonus to this is that you will be able to stack your discount. Should you have an F&F code currently on your account, it will still be valid or if you obtain one and add it, voila... additional savings.

Using their new plan as a guideline, $50 for 10gb of data - 35% ($17.50) = permanent price of: $32.50. Add an F&F code for an additional 35% and your plan price is now $21.13 per month.

Again, not confirmed but usually this source is pretty reliable. Brings me back to the days when CityFido customers were being lured to the major telcos by them offering SAF/911 fees only on any plan for the first year. Essentially, $7.45 per month for any plan for the first year of a 3 year term. Again, not a bad savings and a good way to lure customers.

Let the savings begin!

Device(s)
    Blackßerry Dtek50 & Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I look forward to paying $16.14 after 5$ bundle credit.
    ""Wine'm, dine'm, sixty9'm""

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile/Wind
    Feedback Score

Freedom Big Gig + Talk (10GB) Christmas Promo = $21.13 per month

Holy balls I’d only be paying $17.88 with the BYOD discount! If that’s true how are they going to make any profits?

Quote Originally Posted by hfta View Post

Let the competition begin!
    Fixed it for you

Feedback Score
    I highly highly doubt they will let you double stack friends and family, they have to make a profit and the price quoted by op is unsustainable.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity / Wind
    Feedback Score
    Thank's for sharing...will keep a close eye on this and and see if it stacks with FnF.

For those that say its unsustainable it probably is but I doubt they will release more old style FnF codes to stack if this new promo runs. Most people will not have FnF codes. Its basically opening the FnF discount for everyone.

They need to do this to gain market share as their network quality is not even close to the big 3, especially for calls.
    For Sale:

Grandfathered Chatr Mobilicity Plan Unlimited Calls / Data
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...icity-Plan-350

Grandfathered Unlimited Incoming Wind / Freedom $80/yr!!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-80-per-year!!

Device(s)
    Current: SE Naite (Fido), iPhone 4 (Koodo)
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo and Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting. I’ll be happy if they just open up F&F temporarily to everyone without the stacking even though I have F&F right now.

Feedback Score
    I agree it's unsustainable but so was the SAF/911 promotion offered by the Big-3 years ago with City Fido. The Big-3 charged $7.45 per month for the first year of a three year contract. That's not sustainable either but long term, they raised the rates. Will customers be upset? Sure they will but at days end, do they threaten to leave for a provider who charges pricing which is in-line with the market? Yes, they could but are just switching to another company which has a monopoly, charges the same outrageous prices and they reset any loyalty they've built up as they are a new customer with whichever provider they switched to.

Like any company, losses are part of doing business and if they can gain subscriber base and then gradually change the plans with 30 days notice or even better, the add-ons which are not grandfathered, they always make their money back. $21 and change unsustainable, YES indeed! $7.45 per month for a year is even more unsustainable given during this period, you only had so many local minutes, evenings and limited to no data. It's all a game and all the carriers win in the end!

Feedback Score
    The difference is the f&f discount is currently set for life, unless they change the new 35% off code that op has mentioned to a time limit (say 12 or 24 months) this cant be sustainable. The Big 3 will let them do it and wont match the offer, its suicide. The only reason they are currently matching the $60 10 gb is the monthly bill of $60 (with chance for overages) is acceptable for them from an arpu perspective, the $20 quoted is far below their usual, they dont even do prepaid or pay as you go plans that cheap. For Freedom to be a long term competitor they have to be smart, this isnt like a startup where you are trying to grow at all costs because especially as Freedom is offering iphone and other devices there are hard costs which have to be incurred to buy devices provide subsidies,build out network etc.

Device(s)
    RIM9790
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Interesting article about the 10 for 60 price point...

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...et-experts-say

Another discount offer could trigger a “death spiral” of price cutting, he said.

“These guys have done a wonderful job of avoiding direct price competition for quite a long time,” said Meredith. “Everybody’s product is exactly the same, like gasoline … so they are very careful just to match each other’s prices and not undercut prices under any circumstances.”

“That prevents consumers from playing one off against the other,” he said.*

That all changed in October when Shaw Freedom Mobile introduced a plan offering 10 gigs for just $50, which “set off a bomb in the market,” he said.

Sent from my LG-H933 using HoFo mobile app
    --------------------------------
    Un petit d'un petit
    S'étonne aux Halles
    Un petit d'un petit
    Ah! degrés te fallent

Old French Proverb from the book of; Mots D'Heures Gousses Rames

(I am the Stig!)

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it was the 10Gb for 50.00 that made the whole thing go boom, was more like zero dollars iPhones!
    At 50.00 its still overpriced. This summer in Europe, my sister had 5Gb Data, SIM card and phone number (100 minutes)for 3 euros for 15 days, and im 100% sure they still turned a profit. Would be nice to see this plans go down another 10-15 bucks. One can dream

Device(s)
    HTC Touch (barely works now - piece of junk)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytoronto View Post
    I don't think it was the 10Gb for 50.00 that made the whole thing go boom, was more like zero dollars iPhones!
    At 50.00 its still overpriced. This summer in Europe, my sister had 5Gb Data, SIM card and phone number (100 minutes)for 3 euros for 15 days, and im 100% sure they still turned a profit. Would be nice to see this plans go down another 10-15 bucks. One can dream
    Holy cow! What country was your sister visiting? That's amazing. We were in Italy and France a few years ago and we didn't experience anything like that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytoronto View Post
    What the providers don't realize is data is cheap. Close to zero. But I'm not complaining about my plan.

I'm pretty sure they turned a profit. I've heard in Europe, access to cheap data is considered a "basic human right".

But when Shaw threw down, Robellus had to match it. Problem here, is that it's real easy to go over 10GB. Then you pay out the *** for overage. On Freedom, you don't. Granted the network is like Swiss Cheese, as far as data is concerned, Shaw has them beat for sure.

Device(s)
    Moto G (1st gen), Galaxy S 7
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Now they just need to get more towers up already!

Sent from my LG-H812 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am calling bs....no way they can afford to drop prices that cheap and stay in business.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krzyszton View Post
    Holy cow! What country was your sister visiting? That's amazing. We were in Italy and France a few years ago and we didn't experience anything like that.
    Portugal. Was with #3 provider there, NOS. Phone number wouldn't work at times, but data was 100% reliable.
    I was there at same time, paid 20.euro, for the month: Data+Phone number. Was 5 gigs for everything,20GB for social networks (Whatsapp, Facetime, twitter, etc) some plan Vodafone had in the summer. It was really nice to roam for free in Spain too.
    Also ended up loading some data into a wi-fi hotspot, was 10Gb for 15 days, was something like 15 Euro.
    So yeah, we get it without vaseline all the time :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast