Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You need a lot of patience to be a Red Pocket customer

Feedback Score

You need a lot of patience to be a Red Pocket customer

I am less than one month in to a yearly plan. After *many* attempts my balance info is still incorrect. Last night I ran out of text units in the middle of an important family exchange and could no longer send or receive. I immediately topped up on the website but hours later I am still unable to text. Customer service is not open yet. Really bad systems compounded by reps who cannot effect necessary corrections. You get what you pay for. I miss Ptel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by philovance; 12-18-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philovance View Post
    ....I miss preliminary....
    Preliminary what?
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Should have been Ptel. Auto-complete glitch.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    They hook you in for a year at bargain basement prices. How can they afford tech support? You want reliability pay a little more. I’d stick with the crickets
    and metros or the vz prepay.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Six lines on Annual RR starting as far back as August. Most of the lines were on monthly before that. Plans range from $60 100/100/500MB to the Amazon 3GB. No significant issues. CS has been as good as I used to get from PagePlus and much better than Net10. YYMV but I can't complain.

Feedback Score
    It's not so much "customer service," per se. The reps when you reach them are very polite and reasonably well trained. It's the back office systems that are the problem with things like top ups not being applied and balances not being shown correctly on the website. All the reps can do for a lot of these things is open a ticket. That said, when I called them this morning the rep was able to finally apply my top up while I was still on the phone.

FYI: Although you can top up for as little as $2 the total came to $3.30 in New York state due to a $1.20 state imposed tax. Sometimes you can't win.

Feedback Score
    If I renew in about 8mo with RP & if the landscape doesn't change I will. I will renew through Amazon. I called in at 1st cause my vm was in spanish. I mentioned I bought this on Amazon & the CSR was licking my feet through the phone. Without asking a supervisior got on the phone apologized profusely & said it'll never happen again.

Feedback Score
    $13.75 a month for one line, $7.08 a month for the other. For those prices I'll put up with the slow to update reported minutes, sms and data left on my accounts.

Did I say I love Red Pocket?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was on chat about 20 minutes this evening asking a question. But I've been on the phone with ATT CS for a couple hours this last week with regard to adding an iPad to my account, and it will be a couple days before I find out whether they resolve it finally.
    I gave into temptation, and bought the iPhone X, even though I had a perfectly good, though oversized, 7+.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    State imposed tax is your government. Lobby your representatives if you want that lowered. Before you bring in "well other prepaid companies absorb the tax", most businesses don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I mentioned I bought this on Amazon & the CSR was licking my feet through the phone.

I guess they're worried about messing up their Amazon relationship?

...the CSR was licking my feet through the phone.

I'm trying to visualize this..

apologized profusely & said it'll never happen again.

This, to me, is the most important point - will it really never happen again? Please update, zapjb if it does.

Feedback Score
    You have a dual sim phone - why not stick a cheap sim in the other slot in case of issues. Even freedompop might get you out of a bind. Not that you should have to but if you want dirt cheap service sometimes you have to make do.

Feedback Score
    I mentioned I bought this on Amazon & the CSR was licking my feet through the phone. Without asking a supervisior got on the phone apologized profusely & said it'll never happen again.
    If a person buys theirs through ebay, do you think Red Pocket's response would be less helpful?

If that sounds sarcastic, I promise it's not. Seriously interested.

Feedback Score
    Should have left off "through the phone". I violated don't explain during the telling.

I think that's it. RP is concerned about their Amazon relationship.

"If a person buys theirs through ebay, do you think Red Pocket's response would be less helpful?"
    I think so. But it'd still be sorted. While I'm surmising I also think RP CS is better on the GSM side.
    Because of IMEI registering of CDMA & VZW's snootiness & Sprint's very limited whitelist.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2013
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried this link for getting you current balance? I find it's accurate while the main account page is not.

https://my.redpocketmobile.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast