Thread: Samsung Galaxy S9 might be announced in February

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy S9 might be announced in February

Samsung Galaxy S9 might be announced in February

Expect the two newest Band 46 (Small Cell LAA) and Band 71 (600 Mhz). When you go to buy a Galaxy S9 next year, you may very well have the option of purchasing one with 512GB of internal storage.

Other rumored features we're hearing across the web:

Snapdragon 845 chip or Exynos 9810 (or both)

Improved 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Super AMOLED displays

More advanced 3D sensor for face recognition

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm getting this for sure.

I heard the bezel might be exactly like the S8 (which I'm totally fine with). Samsung did a much better design job than Apple did because of that hideous notch on the top of the X.

I'm hoping they move fingerprint sensor lower on the back of the display like LG (also rumored to happen).

I'm not a fan of Bixby but I believe it's as vital to Samsung as Siri is to Apple so I don't see that going away. She still needs a whole lot of work.

I hope Samsung has a facial recognition feature that works as well as Apple. I doubt they will but I'm still hoping they can do it. Probably why Apple had to include the notch?

I also hope Samsung beats Apple on other features like the display, battery, gaming performance, the camera and lag.

Bands 71/46 also provide a much better coverage/capacity experience at least for those of us on the Magenta side so definitely looking forward to this.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Oh yeah Samsung: Please announce the new Gear S4 series smartwatch at the same time. Thanks!

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I love my galaxy note 8 and I also have the s8 plus but if the s9 or note 9 or 10 dosent have any stereo speakers I won't be buying them again, I still think an 1000 phone should have stereo speakers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    All of the supposed pictures I've seen on it don't fix the problem of the bad fingerprint sensor next to the camera: they just put it too close in another place. I hope none of these "photos" turns out true!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I'm getting this for sure.

I heard the bezel might be exactly like the S8 (which I'm totally fine with). Samsung did a much better design job than Apple did because of that hideous notch on the top of the X.

I'm hoping they move fingerprint sensor lower on the back of the display like LG (also rumored to happen).

I'm not a fan of Bixby but I believe it's as vital to Samsung as Siri is to Apple so I don't see that going away. She still needs a whole lot of work.

I hope Samsung has a facial recognition feature that works as well as Apple. I doubt they will but I'm still hoping they can do it. Probably why Apple had to include the notch?

I also hope Samsung beats Apple on other features like the display, battery, gaming performance, the camera and lag.

Bands 71/46 also provide a much better coverage/capacity experience at least for those of us on the Magenta side so definitely looking forward to this.
    At least Bixby should be made a choice. and the button easily configurable like the old Active buttons on the Actives.

In all these months, I have only ever run into one person who loves Bixby. Overall, it appears to be a despised detriment to the brand.
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Oh yeah Samsung: Please announce the new Gear S4 series smartwatch at the same time. Thanks!
    Yes. With better battery life, and make the two side buttons on the bottom (work from either side equally) or have the phone software-reversible to put the side buttons on the left side.

I have a Gear Frontier, and hate the buttons being on the wrong side: it simply discourages use of them. Thankfully, there's most of the stuff that can be done with touch and dial to help make up for the design flaw.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have always been an Samsung user but if the s9 or the next note don’t have stero speakers I won’t be buying any more

Sent from my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk