Thread: Got a new SK EPP plan. Get Fongo to keep local number?

Feedback Score

Got a new SK EPP plan. Get Fongo to keep local number?

I got the S8+ for $0 on a SK EPP plan, $52.50 with 5GB of data. Not surprisingly Telus's "system" would force a plan change according to home service area if you want to port in a non SK number, or so what I have been told by 3 different reps. Alright, that's part of the parcel. I am just going to keep using it as is.

Here's my question: How reliable is Fongo when it comes to porting your existing local number to it? Can you keep your number indefinitely? How's the service those who have tried it? So far voice quality doesn't seem so bad. I basically want to save my local number that I have had for quite a while (including on whatsapp), and its impossible to update everyone to reflect this change.

Mods: hopefully this post doesn't call for closure of my thread (re: announcement), I am seeking information on Fongo

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Voip.ms
    You can configure it to make outgoing / incoming calls (and just leave call forward for anytime you are not log in)

Fongo is apparently much better today than back in the day (I got pissed and left like 2012? so no recent exp)
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Feedback Score
    I've been with Fongo for almost a year now and all good. All calls to my 416 number gets forwarded to my SK number...I pay $14 for international text for 6 months...it's not needed but just in case

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Cheers! Voip.ms sounds a bit too complicated haha, I think the call forwarding feature with fongo sounds much more appealing, given that I won't have any issues with canada wide calling on my SK number.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Voip.ms
    You can configure it to make outgoing / incoming calls (and just leave call forward for anytime you are not log in)

Fongo is apparently much better today than back in the day (I got pissed and left like 2012? so no recent exp)

Feedback Score
    I think I should be okay texting wise, as I can always reply back from my SK number and have the other person update my contact info in their phone. How's the call forwarding so far? Are there any glitches where calls will go straight to your 416 fongo voicemail instead of being forwarded to your SK number?

Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    I've been with Fongo for almost a year now and all good. All calls to my 416 number gets forwarded to my SK number...I pay $14 for international text for 6 months...it's not needed but just in case

Feedback Score
    I just saw call forwarding is not free with Fongo. Is it free with voip.ms? Are you able to use/save your local number with this service?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Voip.ms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 604dude View Post
    I think I should be okay texting wise, as I can always reply back from my SK number and have the other person update my contact info in their phone. How's the call forwarding so far? Are there any glitches where calls will go straight to your 416 fongo voicemail instead of being forwarded to your SK number?
    Call forwarding is flawless and it's free once you pay the $25 porting fee

Feedback Score
    Call forwarding is flawless and it's free once you pay the $25 porting fee

I mean call forwarding is included in the one time porting fee

Feedback Score
    Oh perfect! I was under the impression they charge 2 cents per minute or something for call forwarding, it's on their website.

I mean call forwarding is included in the one time porting fee

Feedback Score
    Oh perfect! I was under the impression they charge 2 cents per minute or something for call forwarding, it's on their website.
    I think they only charge you extra if the number is out of their coverage area. My 306 number is Saskatoon and it's in their list.

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I just saw call forwarding is not free with Fongo. Is it free with voip.ms? Are you able to use/save your local number with this service?
    Call forwarding is less than $0.01 per minute

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I ported my home phone to Fongo for the $25 Fee. Now it doesn't expire, And I didn't have to tell my family who can't comprehend a number change, and its seamless to them. I just Simutanious ring it to my Cell Phone (s). Plus, When I travel out of N/A, I use it on my data only sim's. And I keep $5 on it to pay for any international outgoing calls I need. Usually .02/Min.
    So far, I would say Fongo is a Win. Quite a few people I know use it.
    Once people start seeing you calling on your new number, they will slowly figure it out. And start calling you back on it.
    D.

Feedback Score
    Perfect, that's what I needed to hear! Thank ya