Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket iPhone unlocking

Feedback Score
    I wonder how long it will take AT&T to close this loophole.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    I wonder how long it will take AT&T to close this loophole.
    I thought they did already.. I haven't really seen any success stories lately until this thread started. I guess it's hit and miss.

Feedback Score
    This is a little different than the AT&T Prepaid loophole since it is a Cricket branded iPhone being unlocked through AT&T website.

I wonder if the system was confused since you used the old SIM and not the SIM provided with the iPhone.

Feedback Score
    This is a little different than the AT&T Prepaid loophole since it is a Cricket branded iPhone being unlocked through AT&T website.

I wonder if the system was confused since you used the old SIM and not the SIM provided with the iPhone.
    Never thought of that. We are still using our original nano sims through all our newer versions of iPhones.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

My thoughts as well but I've had mixed results in the past doing this.

FYI, I was able to unlock another Cricket iPhone yesterday with the same method.

Feedback Score
    So I am curious if anyone can assist. I just got my iPhone 6 yesterday before I even activated or put a SIM card in the phone I submitted a unlock request with AT&T directly however it’s still in progress and been that since 2:07 yesterday. Should I have gotten the approval by now or does it take time?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    So I am curious if anyone can assist. I just got my iPhone 6 yesterday before I even activated or put a SIM card in the phone I submitted a unlock request with AT&T directly however it’s still in progress and been that since 2:07 yesterday. Should I have gotten the approval by now or does it take time?
    Is it a Cricket or at&t phone?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Cricket iPhone

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    The two iPhones I just recently unlocked took 4-8 days. I'm sure there is a heavy volume of requests right after xmas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    The two iPhones I just recently unlocked took 4-8 days. I'm sure there is a heavy volume of requests right after xmas.
    Wow! That’s crazy

Feedback Score
    This batch of cricket iPhone 6s Plus is quite strange. After unlocking two of them, one could not be activated on Sprint even with help from Apple store agent, another one had a hard time to be activated on Verizon. It was finally activated on Verizon after assistance from Verizon tier 2 expert with manual activation and an iPhone content/settings erase. I have other iPhones never had such a hard time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    This batch of cricket iPhone 6s Plus is quite strange. After unlocking two of them, one could not be activated on Sprint even with help from Apple store agent, another one had a hard time to be activated on Verizon. It was finally activated on Verizon after assistance from Verizon tier 2 expert with manual activation and an iPhone content/settings erase. I have other iPhones never had such a hard time.
    From everything I've heard, Sprint is extra-fussy about some phones that aren't in their database (a holdover from the CDMA era). The Verizon one may have been similar if it wasn't wanting to activate for CDMA usage, too. I'd be really curious to see how one would've worked on T-Mobile or AT&T...

Feedback Score
    No issues with T-Mobile SIM. Definitely no issues with AT&T since it is a Cricket/AT&T phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I had no issues with swapping in a T-Mobile SIM with my recently unlocked Cricket iPhones either.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    No issues with T-Mobile SIM. Definitely no issues with AT&T since it is a Cricket/AT&T phone.
    Keep in mind that a Cricket-locked phone will not work with an AT&T SIM unless unlocked. The reverse works fine though.

I think this has to do with the MCC/MNCs the two use: for the last 10+ years, AT&T has been using the same one (310-410) after consolidating 3 different Cingular ones (310-410, 310-150, 310-170). To maintain compatibility with old SIMs, AT&T still supports those on recent phones. As the AT&T iteration of Cricket (and Aio before that) re-used a Cingular one (the originally Bellsouth Mobility one, 310-150), they don't need to support the one AT&T uses now or the other retired Cingular one (Pacbell, 310-170). I'm guessing that when you put the SIM in, the phone reads the start of the ICCID and compares that with what carrier it should be locked to. You can look at your SIM card - the MNC part is actually on the SIM card after 8901.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast