Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    So when is the promo end date?

I just ordered a sim card but screwed up a port over for one number. I have another plan that I will attempt to port over in about a week.

Don't want to miss out on the special rate though.

Thanks.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    I don't let my daughter or wife choose. They don't know anything about technology. Especially when I can get better for cheaper. I guess switching the plan is moot. I did the same thing, though our 14 year old was using up more than her allotment I didn't do it to appease her.

That is hardly what you are doing. It is a constant barrage of vile hatred towards Cricket. I am no shill. Hell, I haven't even had to pay them in ages. Plus I was one of the people exploiting $1.07 phones. You have some ax to grind and it isn't productive or friendly as you say. It is obnoxious and overbearing.

Tell me more about this VPN for life.
    If you watch close you can pickup lifetime subscriptions for VPN services. You see them on Android Authority from time to time. I have a lifetime subscription for 5 devices for VPN unlimited.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    So when is the promo end date?

I just ordered a sim card but screwed up a port over for one number. I have another plan that I will attempt to port over in about a week.

Don't want to miss out on the special rate though.

Thanks.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    That would be my one regret of not taking this now - what if it not available when a few of my lines need unlimited. There is no specified end date. However, speculation is it will end after metro ends their offer which should be at the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    Their 5/$100 went a solid 4 years. I moved my sales staff to it when the Note 4 came out. There was advance notice here before the promo went away. You all are reading way too much into this crap.
    Last edited by ls3mach; 12-22-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Lots of people read this forum and come here for opinions. They would like to hear about their options even if its another service. They might not post, but they are lurking here. More importantly, there are a lot of older (un-savvy) folk that don't have the time to click through dozens of threads. They might not know you can get unlimited music streaming for the same price as Cricket's $40 plan (no streaming). They might not be aware that Cricket has slower 3mbit service while others offer full-speed unthrottled service. I wonder why a friendly response would bother you so much. I swear, its like ya'll are getting paid to shill for Cricket.
    If someone comes to Howard forums to begin with then they are more savvy than you give them credit for. On top of that, this is the cricket forum . If they want to find out about other carriers they can check their forums as well. Not every thread about cricket has to have a barrage of posts about competitors by you.
    I swear, its like you are getting paid to shill against Cricket.

: troll:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    If you watch close you can pickup lifetime subscriptions for VPN services. You see them on Android Authority from time to time. I have a lifetime subscription for 5 devices for VPN unlimited.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    The question with these VPN for life deals is whether the company will continue to be around for long enough to make them worthwhile.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Set up your own OpenVPN then.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn17 View Post
    Set up your own OpenVPN then.
    I do have my own vpn server in DigitalOcean’s cloud. $5/month for the instance.

If you use a third party VPN, I would recommend going with a VPN company with a few years of experience. e.g. WiTopia, Private Internet Access. At least they probably have a sustainable business model.
    Last edited by mch; 12-24-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    No issues with the Unlimited2 plans here. I had the 5/$100 Plan, and the 5th was a spare unused line. So the switch to 4/$100 unlimited2 was a good thing for me. have two kids who blow through their data in no time. I use Private Internet Access and that works good - except Netflix won’t stream while on VPN.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone had a serious issue with ul2?
    Last edited by plane; 12-25-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Device(s)
    6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Has anyone had a serious issue with ul2?
    No issues at all. What "serious" issues are you experiencing?
    ----
    Joe

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    No issues at all. What "serious" issues are you experiencing?
    I will be switching this weekend when my plan rolls over. I had it for a couple of weeks when it first started, and don't recall any issues. I'm just surprised at mostly positive reviews. Good news.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I will be switching this weekend when my plan rolls over. I had it for a couple of weeks when it first started, and don't recall any issues. I'm just surprised at mostly positive reviews. Good news.
    That’s because in reality most services works at 3mb. Only speed testers dwell on download speed. Even dtvnow streams fine on unlimited2. Before it didn’t.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    That’s because in reality most services works at 3mb. Only speed testers dwell on download speed. Even dtvnow streams fine on unlimited2. Before it didn’t.
    I'd like to see both caps raised, but how fast are peoples actual download speeds on large files with other carriers? I've downloaded some 10GB files and it holds around 3Mb.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Are you saying it may be improved over the initial offering performance? As with a lot of people, I've got good access to wifi, which I generally find faster, etc than either wireless access performance, maybe. When I was trying ul2, I used more wireless than normal, and at that time decided not to keep it. I suspect I was sort of comparing apples to oranges, as I often encounter slower loads with mobile. This was true with vzw,att, and cricket.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast