Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Feedback Score
    3mbs is fine and yes, even in post paid you'll often see those same speeds as the streams settle down.

If you use it to cast to a tv you'll want to vpn around the 1.5mbs. if you use it in a phone or tablet it's fine as is.

People see the speed test, think it's a big deal and don't ever look further. There is a lot going on there. People are inclined to think they get more when they pay more. The speed test confirms their bias and they don't look any further. Reality is speed tests get preferential treatment because carrier's know this. Download large files and after a minute it all settles out.

It you're on Android you can download internet speed meter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et.speed.meter

Watch your usage. There is a lot of downtime when streaming.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Are you saying it may be improved over the initial offering performance? As with a lot of people, I've got good access to wifi, which I generally find faster, etc than either wireless access performance, maybe. When I was trying ul2, I used more wireless than normal, and at that time decided not to keep it. I suspect I was sort of comparing apples to oranges, as I often encounter slower loads with mobile. This was true with vzw,att, and cricket.
    I'm thinking the updates to the DTVnow app may have help with streaming at 1.5mb, but what do I know. lol
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    3mbs is fine and yes, even in post paid you'll often see those same speeds as the streams settle down.

If you use it to cast to a tv you'll want to vpn around the 1.5mbs. if you use it in a phone or tablet it's fine as is.

People see the speed test, think it's a big deal and don't ever look further. There is a lot going on there. People are inclined to think they get more when they pay more. The speed test confirms their bias and they don't look any further. Reality is speed tests get preferential treatment because carrier's know this. Download large files and after a minute it all settles out.

It you're on Android you can download internet speed meter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et.speed.meter

Watch your usage. There is a lot of downtime when streaming.
    This is what I was alluding to. I don't think any carrier is going to let you pull 40Mb+ on a 10GB download. Some home connections aren't even those speeds. I'm betting most see what Cricket's normal speeds are of around 8Mbps. I might ask some friends to test it.

Feedback Score
    It's 3 mbps. So don't expect instantaneous downloads. It is an adjustment IMHO. For instance, yesterday, I wanted to download and install an app. It took about 4 minutes to download a 50mb app.

Lately, I have also noticed multiple "freezes", where I will have to turn off data and then turn it back on to get the connection moving again.

I don't mind this terribly, but I can see where some folks would feel their patience wearing thin.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Review of Unlimited2 after a month

Quote Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
    It's 3 mbps. So don't expect instantaneous downloads. It is an adjustment IMHO. For instance, yesterday, I wanted to download and install an app. It took about 4 minutes to download a 50mb app.

Lately, I have also noticed multiple "freezes", where I will have to turn off data and then turn it back on to get the connection moving again.

I don't mind this terribly, but I can see where some folks would feel their patience wearing thin.
    fwiw. I haven’t noticed any freezes. I have never had to cycle data.

So for a 50MB (400 mega bit) app, you should be able to download in perhaps 2-1/2 minutes. I am allowing a bit for overhead.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    OK, so because it didn't happen to you, may be it didn't happen at all lol.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Just like you, I am reporting my experiences. I believe you had the issue.

I am wondering if any others have noticed this.

It would be a deal breaker for me because I wouldn't get pagerduty app alerts if data were not flowing.
    Last edited by mch; 12-26-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't say that. People have varying experiences. His was different than yours and he reported so. Same with me, I don't have the issues you have, at least not anymore than when I had the unlimited 1 plan as there are are always the occasional tower issue. Others will obviously have different experiences and not every tower has the same congestion, backhaul etc.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

I am curious. Were you using this phone with another carrier before?

What phone are you using?

Feedback Score

I've downloaded multiple 1GB and 10GB files on 2 different devices. Note 12.2 Pro and S8+. What are you using? I'm picking up a Note 8 today and will see how it goes.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    EDIT: Earlier post about phones got deleted. So reposting this. Currently using LG G6. I dont use my essential with cricket anymore. I was using a pixel and it was fine on the $40 plan but had the same issues once I switched to unlimited 2. LG G6 has these issues too.

I am guessing its not the phone. the unlimited 2 plan 3 mbps sucks. I think a lot of dealers post on these forums. i'm just the average joe, and this plan is not as good as the 8mbps $40 plan.

Fan boys out in full force, I see. I'll bow out. Enjoy guys. Glad your service is perfect.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Fan boys out in full force, I see. I'll bow out. Enjoy guys. Glad your service is perfect.
    Sigh, I was just trying to help. There are definite downsides to Unlimited 2, but I don’t see anyone else reporting the same issue as you, so am wondering why your experience is different. I really am simply curious, but for some reason I must be coming across as attacking the validity of your experience.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    On this plan can you upgrade a line to the regular 8mbs unlimited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Also tried philo and YouTube tv, no issues what so ever.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast