Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This device is not eligible for this transaction

Feedback Score

This device is not eligible for this transaction

I currently have Metro PCS, so I completed their 90 program and was successfully able to unlock my phone. So I got a SIM Card kit from Amazon for $1.00 and then proceeded to fill out the form for my information about the previous company (Metro PCS was hesitant to give me my account number until I reminded them that I was not required to answer all their questions on why I was leaving to get my account number)

Once I was done with that, I selected the option that said I did not have an airtime card and I needed to purchase one. Fine... I did not have one, so I proceeded to select what I want and then enter my payment information.

All done...... So I double check my information and then click submit. Ok I wait for the transaction to complete.

It does not and I get an error that says "This device is not eligible for this Transaction"

Do I actually have to purchase a physical airtime card to complete the transactions for a BYOP kit?

Are CC transactions to purchase an airtime card not eligible for BYOP Kits? Did I get a bad kit? I got frustrated with the kit and tossed it in the garbage and put my Metro PCS Sim card back in and stuck it out another month until I can get this resolved.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's not clear to me whether that error message is about your credit card or the SIM (device) that you were trying to activate. Which SIM (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile) from the kit did you use for activation? Did you go through the process of entering the SIM number? Are you porting in your phone number from Metro? If so, has TF notified you that the porting was completed?

Feedback Score
    The transaction did not go through on the final step due to the error message.

Nothing was charged and nothing went through.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    The transaction did not go through on the final step due to the error message.

Nothing was charged and nothing went through.
    That didn't answer my questions above. Can't help you with so little info. Sorry.

Feedback Score
    i would check with your CC company to see if everything is OK on their end.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    It's just one of Tracfone's errors. I would say Tracfone may not be for you if you give up that easy.

Feedback Score
    From what I can deem from the original post:
    He/she is trying to purchase a sim kit from the TF website.
    Is that correct?
    Can't you skip the part about purchasing a service plan?

Feedback Score
    Already bought a SIM kit from Amazon. Was trying to port number in and activate SIM from my reading.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    From what I can deem from the original post:
    He/she is trying to purchase a sim kit from the TF website.
    Is that correct?
    Can't you skip the part about purchasing a service plan?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Already bought a SIM kit from Amazon. Was trying to port number in and activate SIM from my reading.
    The reason I asked my questions is that porting in, activating a SIM, buying a time card are usually not done in one fell swoop. The OP mentioned something about filling out a form about the previous carrier (Metro PCS) so I think the porting process is just being started. USUALLY you don't do the activating of a SIM and/or buying a time card until TF has notified you that the porting is done. The term "device" typically doesn't refer to a credit card.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Are you using the Tracfone T-Mobile SIM from the kit to match your Metro PCS T-Mobile phone?
    Is the BYOP kit for PayGo airtime plans or Smartphone only airtime plans, and did you attempt to buy the correct airtime to match the kit?
    You can buy Tracfone airtime anywhere locally, and cheaper than from Tracfone with all their fees.

Feedback Score
    I currently have Metro PCS, so I completed their 90 program and was successfully able to unlock my phone. So I got a SIM Card kit from Amazon for $1.00 and then proceeded to fill out the form for my information about the previous company (Metro PCS was hesitant to give me my account number until I reminded them that I was not required to answer all their questions on why I was leaving to get my account number)
    Did you get your account PIN along with the account number from MetroPCS? This is not the same as the password to access the online account. The PIN is almost always your birth date without dashes or spaces. Did TracFone ask for that PIN to port the number?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The reason I asked my questions is that porting in, activating a SIM, buying a time card are usually not done in one fell swoop. The OP mentioned something about filling out a form about the previous carrier (Metro PCS) so I think the porting process is just being started. USUALLY you don't do the activating of a SIM and/or buying a time card until TF has notified you that the porting is done. The term "device" typically doesn't refer to a credit card.
    There is no porting process taking place. The transaction failed.

The error message said "This device is not eligible for this transaction"

I could not complete activation of my SIM Card kit without putting in an AirTime card or buying one online.

Feedback Score
    A little more info, please. You don't activate the SIM card "kit", you activate one of the SIM cards in the kit. It would be helpful to know which kit you purchased, as there are several variations out there. The message you are receiving indicates to me that you are trying to activate a SIM that is incompatible with the phone. Metro PCS uses T-Mobile technology. I'm thinking that you are trying to activate a SIM for Tracfone CDMA (Verizon) or Tracfone GSM (AT&T).

What are the first six digits of the SIM number, and what is the make and model of the phone? Having these specifics will help us figure out what's going on.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is no porting process taking place.
    1. Were you trying to activate the SIM and get a new phone number assigned to it?
    2. Which SIM (AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon) from the kit did you use?

Feedback Score
    I was able to resolve. Amazon sent me another kit because they thought I received a defective one (Did not need to send back the other it was free of charge since it was $1 and it was free prime shipping) And then I bought an Airtime card at Walmart. Activation request was complete and my Metro PCS ZTE Zmax Pro phone worked within 7 minutes and configured everything with the ATT Sim. No need to involve TF over the phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast