Phone
    sony xperia
    Feedback Score

Another apple scandal

So after the mid 2017 apple scandal with uber , where people found out that apple was allowing uber to track finger movements on screens of i phone users another one just hit.

I have now read in a published article that apple is purposely slowing down their older i phones , through software as apple has always been one to insist on constant updates.

They claimed after the finding that this was in an effort to save and preserve the battery life of the older phones.

This constant required connection to stay up to date and have a functioning device is a dangerous business , consumers are opening themselves up to much. Apple has one of the tightest software and hardware security cohesion , its due to their unwillingness to compromise any hardware or software for comparability that makes them so tight.

This seems like a really great idea, but you think hackers and "crooks" arent smart enough to influence the people working there, all it takes is the right developer, a disgruntled employee or in the business deals that happen , then those problems too are locked in.

Sure the same thing can happen to android, but with android you can easily break away due to the nature of their software. Plus its not half as expensive.

Whilst both platforms have had their share of problems android obviously more , it seems that the iphone market is becoming a target , because users believe they are SO safe they are willing to put everything on the line, apple's blunders may not be as many granted but they are the one's that are going to cost you when they hit.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Please continue this in the Apple forum where it belongs and there is an active thread.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    sony xperia
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Please continue this in the Apple forum where it belongs and there is an active thread.
    Noted , to be quite honest with you i posted it here as i thought the apple thread would be full of apple supporters that were going to flame me. Though admittedly this isnt neutral ground for such a topic either , my apologies .