Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New Plans from Puppy Wireless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acampbell View Post
    Yes, domestic roaming is included in the cost.
    It says In-Network roaming. Can you please clarify? Would I be picking up service from another carrier that Puppy has roaming agreements with?

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    It says In-Network roaming. Can you please clarify? Would I be picking up service from another carrier that Puppy has roaming agreements with?

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app
    Would "In-Network roaming" just mean the native Vzw network, excluding Vzw extended network/roaming partners? If it's the same as Boom, which I think PW buys service from, then the answer is yes, and according to mizwiz's prior posts, if like Boom, it wouldn't even include SMS in Vzw extended network areas, that other Vzw MVNOs DO include.

I'm also looking forward to clarification.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lots3say View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennettg View Post
    Does anyone know if Puppy Offers VoLTE and iphone tethering/hotspot on VZW
    I believe there is no hotspot and tethering options on Puppy. Not sure about VoLTE.
    I don't know if there is any support for the Verizon Hotspot app, but I have used the built in Motorola Hotspot functionality on my G4 Play numerous times with no issues. I asked a couple of week back about VOLTE and was told that it was not available.

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    People don't want a company with controversy. They want reliable. They want no drama, no headaches, no bs reliable service
    That is what I have had with Puppy, I have been on autopay on the (now defunct) $30 plan with them for 36 months and the only "showstopper" I have had when Verizon decided that the VZW Prepaid G4 Play on my wife's line hadn't ever been used on VZW Prepaid (after I had it on Puppy for almost a year) and as a result, Verizon disabled the line late on a Friday afternoon.
    The various Puppy reps who I talked to with kept me up to date on what was happening and they extended the expiration on our yearly 3g line for the "babysitter phone" (so that my wife could have a working phone) from Friday to Tuesday (when Verizon finally got around to re-enabling the line).
    My wife's sister and her husband have been on Puppy as well and have had no complaints or issues.

Aaron Z

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am on the old "New 4G LTE $30 750MINs, 750SMS, & 1500MB 4GData" under autopay. What is the steps to switch to the new $24 Unlimited Talk, Text, & 2GB Data plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    I am on the old "New 4G LTE $30 750MINs, 750SMS, & 1500MB 4GData" under autopay. What is the steps to switch to the new $24 Unlimited Talk, Text, & 2GB Data plan?
    Per the email I received:
    Changing to the new rate plans is a very simple process.
    To purchase a new rate plan please follow the instructions below:

First log in to your dashboard

1. Click on "Cellular" and then "Purchase Services"
    2. Select the correct Mobile number
    3. Click on the Buy Monthly Plan button
    4. Select the new plan you would like
    5. If you would like for the new plan to start right away, check "Reset Plan", otherwise it will start at the end of your current plan.
    6. Choose the card on file you would like to use or enter a new card.
    7. Press Purchase.

If you do forget to hit Reset Plan, you choose the number in your dashboard, scroll down to the bottom under "Scheduled Replenishments" where you will see 'RESET NOW" and you can do the reset from there.

To change your AutoPay:

If you plan to make a change in plans at the end of your next billing cycle, please follow these instructions:

First log in to your dashboard

1. In your dashboard, click on "Account"
    2. Click on "AutoPay"
    3. Find the correct number and choose the plan you would like from the drop-down menu.
    4. Depending on how many lines you have on your account, you may have to scroll down for the pop-up box, and press "Ok"
    5. Your new plan is now set to update on your next cycle.

Thank you for being a valued Puppy Wireless customer and have a prosperous and Happy New Year.
    Edit: If you are on Auto-Pay, you ONLY need to change your auto-pay. If you go to "Purchase Services" that will buy the plan now and apply it at the end of your current plan cycle.

Aaron Z

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    Per the email I received:

Edit: If you are on Auto-Pay, you ONLY need to change your auto-pay. If you go to "Purchase Services" that will buy the plan now and apply it at the end of your current plan cycle.

Aaron Z
    Thanks. I canceled the autopay and re-started with the new plan.

Feedback Score
    Does Puppy Wireless have a data only plan or can I use any sim card in a data only device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeLTE View Post
    Does Puppy Wireless have a data only plan or can I use any sim card in a data only device?
    I believe that you can use any SIM card in a data only device. I dont see why they wouldnt allow it.
    If you have good Sprint coverage, Puppy has a plan on Sprint that is $35 for 3GB of data for a hotspot device.
    Boom! has a couple of data only plans on Verizon for $13-$55, see: https://www.boom.us/data-only-plans/

Aaron Z

Feedback Score
    Yes. You can put any SIM card into a data only device and it will be fine. I have a standalone hotspot on Puppy and it works great.

Feedback Score
    can someone explains me what this means? Does it mean you can get a 2nd phone activated with a 2nd number and share the same plan and not pay anything extra per month at all?

Coming February 2018: Puppy wireless customers can activate a second line on their wireless account for FREE.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sam009 View Post
    can someone explains me what this means? Does it mean you can get a 2nd phone activated with a 2nd number and share the same plan and not pay anything extra per month at all?

Coming February 2018: Puppy wireless customers can activate a second line on their wireless account for FREE.
    I'm not exactly sure what it means. It will be interesting to find out in February.

However, the full text regarding that is:

"Coming February 2018: Puppy wireless customers can activate a second line on their wireless account for FREE. This second line will allow you to have a more personal line and for $49.99 you can purchase a device that plugs into your home Internet network. You then simply plug your home phone into this device and you now have a new home phone service that you can access from your wireless phone or from your home phone. You can now deactivate your home phone services saving you $20 to $30 per month. With our new data application, you can even control how you want your personal number to ring: Home Phone then Wireless, Wireless then Home Phone, or even ring both at the same time. No more missing home phone calls while you’re out again."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acampbell View Post
    Yes. You can put any SIM card into a data only device and it will be fine. I have a standalone hotspot on Puppy and it works great.
    Thanks
    I'll give it a try with my existing sim on Puppy. If it works I'll get another plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what it means. It will be interesting to find out in February.

However, the full text regarding that is:

"Coming February 2018: Puppy wireless customers can activate a second line on their wireless account for FREE. This second line will allow you to have a more personal line and for $49.99 you can purchase a device that plugs into your home Internet network. You then simply plug your home phone into this device and you now have a new home phone service that you can access from your wireless phone or from your home phone. You can now deactivate your home phone services saving you $20 to $30 per month. With our new data application, you can even control how you want your personal number to ring: Home Phone then Wireless, Wireless then Home Phone, or even ring both at the same time. No more missing home phone calls while you’re out again."
    Sounds like a SIP to POTS box (aka an "ATA", something like https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-SPA112-...dp/B00684PN54/ ) and some backend call routing magic to make the calls go to the right device.

Aaron Z

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4